Vidor 28, WOS 21/Post Comments Here!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds of basketball season. I haven't seen a Pirate football fan on this board in years. Now there's several....Hope you stay throughout the season!

Really ...Well since you joined just 2 years ago how far we going back..? I joined in 2006..13 months before you joined..

But for all of us Pirate Fans that remember how long it has been since Vidor won district (1978), you can literally just feel the hopes of the Fan Base starting to grow.  I appreciate how many out-of-towners seem to be genuinely wishing us the best (unless we are playing you).  It has been a long time, and for my kids sake, I hope this is the year.  I have too "future" Friday night Pirates that could use a little hope that Vidor can win in football.

Good Luck to all the local teams this year.

This is a good post here and it says volumes for the Vidor community and where they are now after last night. Jeff Matthews is a friend of mine and I am proud for him, the Vidor team and the community. Yes, it was "just" a scrimmage, but nothing says you've arrived as a team and a program like putting it on WOS. WOS is one of, if not THE premier program in SE Texas. Vidor fans, coaches and players are excited about this and they should be. This was about the team getting better, but it was also about proving they turned the corner to themselves, their community and the rest of SE Texas and I feel they did that. Vidor has a good team and they should be proud. While it doesn't count on the records of either team, it counts mentally for Vidor.

As for the person who smarted off about our 4000 scrimmage win streak, you need to pay attention. We didn't win EITHER of our scrimmages last year and still went undefeated in regular season and had the number 1 defense in 3A.  ;)

I've been in the media since 2002 pirate fan. Just because I didn't join a message board doesn't mean I didn't read it.

Jeff Mathews is a good friend of mine is well. You guys can have your opinion about winning a scrimmage but I can't respond without getting toasted? GEEZ

Should I reserve the front page of the paper for Dec. 18: Pirates roll to state championship?

I've been in the media since 2002 pirate fan. Just because I didn't join a message board doesn't mean I didn't read it.

Jeff Mathews is a good friend of mine is well. You guys can have your opinion about winning a scrimmage but I can't respond without getting toasted? GEEZ

Should I reserve the front page of the paper for Dec. 18: Pirates roll to state championship?

If your going to  post something then back it up with facts. You said you never seen a Pirate fan on this board in years..You must not be looking too hard then.

Never once said Vidor is going to state..all the pirate fans on here stated it was a good showing..Go back and read my post..All i said was I like what I saw. You are right about one thing no one wins a scrimmage.I like our chances in district. That's all.

Vidor is excited about the returners they have back and after two good showings in scrimmages ,they have a right to be. Right now everyone in district is 0-0. only time will tell but no matter what we will support our pirates if they go 0-10..

But for all of us Pirate Fans that remember how long it has been since Vidor won district (1978), you can literally just feel the hopes of the Fan Base starting to grow.  I appreciate how many out-of-towners seem to be genuinely wishing us the best (unless we are playing you).  It has been a long time, and for my kids sake, I hope this is the year.  I have too "future" Friday night Pirates that could use a little hope that Vidor can win in football.

This is a good post here and it says volumes for the Vidor community and where they are now after last night. Jeff Matthews is a friend of mine and I am proud for him, the Vidor team and the community. Yes, it was "just" a scrimmage, but nothing says you've arrived as a team and a program like putting it on WOS. WOS is one of, if not THE premier program in SE Texas. Vidor fans, coaches and players are excited about this and they should be. This was about the team getting better, but it was also about proving they turned the corner to themselves, their community and the rest of SE Texas and I feel they did that. Vidor has a good team and they should be proud. While it doesn't count on the records of either team, it counts mentally for Vidor.

As for the person who smarted off about our 4000 scrimmage win streak, you need to pay attention. We didn't win EITHER of our scrimmages last year and still went undefeated in regular season and had the number 1 defense in 3A.  ;)

Good post gasilla.. this sums it up..all it is basically is excitement..Vidor knows it is 0-0 right now..

Well we got donkey stomped that first half.It is what it is.Vidor as I suspected has a good ball club.Going to make some noise in their district.As for wo-s...jury still out on them as far as I'm concerned.All the hype about a qb with a riflearm and tested receivers has yet to materialize.They will get better as the season unfolds.

Well we got donkey stomped that first half.It is what it is.Vidor as I suspected has a good ball club.Going to make some noise in their district.As for wo-s...jury still out on them as far as I'm concerned.All the hype about a qb with a riflearm and tested receivers has yet to materialize.They will get better as the season unfolds.

Good post, fair assessment.

Good post, fair assessment.

Same here.

Nice showing in a scrimmage.  Shows that you can have success against athletic teams.  Pay no attention to the haters.  It don't matter what they say.  The goal should be playoffs.  When you get to the playoffs, you can start to slowly silence the critics.  This is where true respect will come into play...

Being a WOS fan, I can tell you that all you can do is beat the guys that they put in front of you. Vidor did that end of story. Congrats Vidor and good luck.

I agree with you Gun, offensively I think we will get better. Haven't used our playmakers much in these scrimmages mostly due to injury, but I think as they come back, our offense will get rolling. We also moved the ball pretty good throughout the scrimmage last night, just kept making stupid mistakes. I think that will get ironed out. Our defensive front I think will be good to as well as our DB's. My biggest concern right now is our linebackers. They kind of got exposed last night. They are awefully young and they aren't very big. They are going to have to get more physical, but if anyone will put all the pieces together, Cornel will. I just hope there is enough pieces to make a whole puzzle.  

wos is wos they will cruise to the playoffs. silsbee might give them a game.

vidor took it wos according to the board and i give them credit. but one thing about these scrimmages, you can't run back punts or kick offs and that is where wos will beat you with field possession.

I agree.

wos is wos they will cruise to the playoffs. silsbee might give them a game.

vidor took it wos according to the board and i give them credit. but one thing about these scrimmages, you can't run back punts or kick offs and that is where wos will beat you with field possession.

Very true

Well said Gasilla! I think WOS is definitely one THE premier programs in SE Texas and no one can argue that.  I don't think you can win or lose a scrimmage but only hope to stay healthy and execute what you have been working on in practice and maybe find something to fix that didn't work very well.

It's very funny how WOS, who many think may be a state title team, gets reduced to some random 3A team just because Vidor has some success against them. Hoopinsider, don't reserve that front page just yet but there is no harm in people from Vidor getting excited about doing well against WOS in a scrimmage. Take it as a compliment. If we did well against some 8th grade team and got excited that would be different. However, if it was "just a scrimmage" or practice then why are people coming up with reasons why WOS didn't dominate (we didn't prepare for them, we had several players injured, Vidor runs the Wing T instead of just running the ball). Scrimmage or not, the goal is and always will be to outperform the team your playing against. I bet this scrimmage isn't on either teams record at the end of the season    

Elvis did show up for the game so i didnt haft to watch the game alone.  Elvis introduced me to "GUNHO".  when we left the game we didnt look at the scoreboard because we felt like the score would be Vidor 100, WOS  0.  the game was that lopsided.  Vidor will go far this year and Elvis and i will pull for them the rest of the year. i guess i should let Elvis speak for himself but he is that kind of guy.

Well said Gasilla! I think WOS is definitely one THE premier programs in SE Texas and no one can argue that.  I don't think you can win or lose a scrimmage but only hope to stay healthy and execute what you have been working on in practice and maybe find something to fix that didn't work very well.

It's very funny how WOS, who many think may be a state title team, gets reduced to some random 3A team just because Vidor has some success against them. Hoopinsider, don't reserve that front page just yet but there is no harm in people from Vidor getting excited about doing well against WOS in a scrimmage. Take it as a compliment. If we did well against some 8th grade team and got excited that would be different. However, if it was "just a scrimmage" or practice then why are people coming up with reasons why WOS didn't dominate (we didn't prepare for them, we had several players injured, Vidor runs the Wing T instead of just running the ball). Scrimmage or not, the goal is and always will be to outperform the team your playing against. I bet this scrimmage isn't on either teams record at the end of the season    

Good points, but we here at Vidor have been waiting for a good year for quite a while. We are going to start getting excited early! This should not take away from any other team. You are correct when you say this game does not really reflect on WOS at all. Both teams are still working out the kinks, but as a Vidor fan I loved what I saw and am looking forward to the games that will matter. Hopefully this will be a great season where there are few injuries and many players and teams shine! Hopefully our district will turn some heads and many players will get a chance to play at the next level from our part of the state. That being said it looks to us vidorians like we are going to have a great season this year and can you blame us for getting excited? :D

Thanks Gas you have real Class! :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder