News from South Dakota 16U A Nationals

A couple of interesting things going on up here I thought you guys might be interested in.

1st - 164 teams. This is the largest national tournament for ASA, any age group ,ever. All the teams up here actually qualified. There were no At Large berths given.

2nd - The size of some of these 16U girls is amazing. I saw the N.W. Blaze out of Oregon....at least 3 six footers on that team.

3rd - Hit Away played Tennesse Thunder today at 12:30 in a practice game beating them 1-0.

4th - Over 200 colleges signed up for attendance.

Thanks Pirates...love the updates.  Wow, what field of teams.  Sounds like you better start asking for birth certificates!  :D  good luck to Hit Away

Used to have to listen to that a lot, we contemplated on having it laminated and posted on the dugout each game.  ;D

BTW Pirate Good Luck!

I have been trying to tell people in this area how important 16U is in the recruiting process.

16U ASA nationals is awesome....been there twice.  

I am excited for you, your team , and your daughter.  Its nice to have someone else from this area echo what I have been trying top preach for the last 4 years.

Congrats and enjoy the ride !

edit.....By the way...many college coaches will be there who didn't "sign up" to attend. 

Played Arkansas Extreme today in our 1st pool game. We won 1-0 in the bottom of the 7th. Kaitlyn Werner rips an outside pitch to the right field corner for a triple. Caitlyn Dykes put down a two strike bunt on a squeeze play for the win. Mollie Randle pitched a no hitter however if we plan on going very far our girls better start hitting.

P.S. Had Tx AM & Illinois St. watch most of game today due to our girls contacting these coaches. Tell your girls to stay after these college coaches......it pays off.

A couple of interesting things going on up here I thought you guys might be interested in.

1st - 164 teams. This is the largest national tournament for ASA, any age group ever. All the teams up here actually qualified. There were no At Large berths given.

2nd - The size of some of these 16U girls is amazing. I saw the N.W. Blaze out of Oregon....at least 3 six footers on that team.

3rd - Hit Away played Tennesse Thunder today at 12:30 in a practice game beating them 1-0.

4th - Over 200 colleges signed up for attendance.

A couple of more things;

1) Pool games are an hour and 40

2) Bracket games are 7 innings no time limit.

Hit Away is 3-0 so far. We won our second pool game today beating the Virgina Legends 5-4. This puts us in a #1 seed winning our pool. Also saw the Virgina Tech. and S.F.A. coaches in the stands watching most of the game. There were more but I didn't get a chance to see who they where.

Lost our first bracket game to a weak South Dakota team. Gave the game away. Then we turn around a beat a very talented southern California team....the O.C. Wildcats. Interesting ending that I'll put on a " You make the Call ". We play today at 2:00, 8:00, & 10:00 as long as we keep winning.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder