WH or Kountze ?????

WHFAN

Thanks Bucster HD wins big over small bb schools they think they cant be beat

Well lets look at that statement WHFAN. WH pulls off 2 point victories against lowly Hardin and Warren and now you guys are kings of 1A??? Last time I checked the Hornets and Warriors are seller dwellers year in and year out. How does that claim respect? Kountze is a bad 2A football team, and yall arent' giving us any props for beating err.. dominating them in shutout fashion, not just a sqeaked out 2 point win. Last time I checked those teams had one win between them and we are Kountze' only defeat, so why are we talking about HD playing bad competition? The only decent team you guys played all year was Groveton, and let me think....umm, yeah that's right you guys got blown out by 40+. I'm tired of all these WH folks thinkin they are the bomb all of the sudden. You guys are and all ways will be HD's doormat to wipe our feet on when it comes to the football field. What's the matchup record in the past 30 years, something like HD 24 wins WH 6. I'm gonna laugh so hard if Kountze thumps you guys friday night. Sounds like they lost some good atheletes this week but I still think they can win one for Lion pride.

I'm telling you guys right now this is the best group of athletes; size, speed, agility, quickness and toughness that Daisetta has fielded in the past 10 years. If you guys really think that you can beat HD's best with a "decent" Oiler team, you are sadly mistaken. I will say right now, HD blows out west hardin Nov.3rd in Batson. No excuses, and I dont' wanna hear .....we lost 4 starters to grades and ....Simmons had a bad ankle or any of that crap. No excuses, just come take your a$$ whoopin like you always do from the Bobcats. I just don't think you'll see us get T-shirts made when "We Beat West Hardin". I remember that in '96 I believe when WH beat HD for the first time in like 11 years. Oilers finish like 5-5, no playoffs, but get t-shirts made for the community saying "We Beat Hull-Dasietta".

For fans from other towns, I appologize if I have upset anyone with any comments, but this is HD vs. WH, and this is how it is every year. Our own little civil war that happens one night every 12 months. The rivalry between Hull-Daisetta and West Hardin runs deep and always has. They Oilers play us tough no matter what every year and vice versa. I just wanted to send out a message to all WH fans out there that are not respecting this Bobcat team. Maybe we're undefeated when we play you guys, maybe we dont' win another game until then, but I promise you it will not be pretty when we roll out of town.

War Bobcats :evil:

While Warren is certainly not a football power, they are certainly no cellar dweller.They have lost 2 games this year 1 in overtime and 1 by 2 points.Simply because we have not made an extra point this year.We were a playoff team last year going 6-4 and if my memory serves me correctly one of those victories was against the mighty bobcats.WH and HD should be pretty close , the oilers are starting to come around.I think they will beat Kountze pretty handily.JMO.Good luck to everyone concerned.

Bobcat9 I can remember a year we were 8-0 and we spanked people by 40 that you barely beat then we came to HD and got beat just rember the same thing can happen to hd it dont matter how good either team is when it comes to HD &WH it a new game good luck may the best team of the night win WH is shooting for 3 years in a row

It will be a war this year like none in recent years past. I like to knock the Oil-cans, because realistically, that's what we do in HD and I'm sure the same goes for takin shots at the Bobcats for WH fans. I think both teams have really stout squads this year and should finish the regular season with good looking records. I have been watching HD football for the past 16 years, (longer than that, but actually knowing who the guys are and what makes a good team) played on varsity all four years in high school (93-96 seasons) and I can honestly say, it's been a long long time since a team has impressed me this much in the black and red. We'll see how things go, but i'm expecting very big things this year and the next couple years as well (we've got 6 sophs. that start both ways). Good luck to you guys too and as usual it will be a hard fought battle. I honestly feel like you guys can handle Kountze this week as well, and for sure if they lost some of their kids.

See you guys Nov. 3rd

Not sure how this topic became a West Hardin-HD smackdown ...

But here in Kountze, we're proud of our two wins ... we're a program on the upswing.

Last year we were 0-7 and now we're 2-1.

Hull-Daisetta is a good ball club, no doubt. But Kountze was dealing with some personnel problems on the field that took care of itself by the end of the game.

Sometimes losing a player is the best thing for a team.

The Lions are a unified force now and win or lose, they will do it together as a team. I suspect they'll be a much bigger challenge for everyone this year than people expect.

Coach Stan Hodges is in his second year as head coach and his offense is finally taking shape. Kountze is more balanced offensively as each week goes by.

But, I'll have to tell you ... Kountze's defense is what separates these men from the boys.

Chet Deaver is defensive coordinator over here and he's got these guys thinking they can stop the Texas Longhorns if need be ...

A lot of any success is about having the right attitude.

And the Lions defense believes it can win games for Kountze this year.

Personally, I think they're right.

Not sure how this topic became a West Hardin-HD smackdown ...

But here in Kountze' date=' we're proud of our two wins ... we're a program on the upswing.

Last year we were 0-7 and now we're 2-1.

Hull-Daisetta is a good ball club, no doubt. But Kountze was dealing with some personnel problems on the field that took care of itself by the end of the game.

Sometimes losing a player is the best thing for a team.

The Lions are a unified force now and win or lose, they will do it together as a team. I suspect they'll be a much bigger challenge for everyone this year than people expect.

Coach Stan Hodges is in his second year as head coach and his offense is finally taking shape. Kountze is more balanced offensively as each week goes by.

But, I'll have to tell you ... Kountze's defense is what separates these men from the boys.

Chet Deaver is defensive coordinator over here and he's got these guys thinking they can stop the Texas Longhorns if need be ...

A lot of any success is about having the right attitude.

And the Lions defense believes it can win games for Kountze this year.

Personally, I think they're right.[/size']

I know exactly what you're talking about in losing a player. Coach Randy Copeland kicked the star QB/DB from the previous year off the team because he felt he was better utilized as a WR and the kid refused to accept it. This kid was getting away with whatever he wanted since his freshman year (where he was first team all-district CB), but Copeland was new in town and would not tolerate a cancer in the locker room. The team rallied together after the bad attitude was gone and went a couple rounds deep in the playoffs. Kountze does have some quality kids this year and will play out an interesting season. I go way back with coach Hodges. Stan was one of my coaches in hs at HD. He's one intense guy who demands respect and if you dont' play hard and give 100%, he doesnt' need you. Good luck to the Lions this year, I'm pulling for them for two reasons. One for Coach Hodges to get another victory and two, of course, to beat West Hardin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami