Gladiator Baseball

Guest jackbquick

Guest jackbquick

Just curious if it is true that the 11 Elite Gladiators did not play in the Nations state tourn. but are being allowed to play in world series. How does that happen but other teams are told they have to choose and can only play in one or the other. Hmmm

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I manage a 12 U select team , we played most of our games at Ford Park. We elected to play in one of the USSSA WS , so we didn't play in the Nations state tourney. Last night I received an email from Nations, stating that my team has been awarded a pass down berth to a Nations  national event . So, I don't think its a " Gladiator" thing. Nations is just attempting to get as many teams as possible to play in a National tourney. And in years past if a team couldn't make the state tourney due to league or whatever , they could usually get a pass from the state director, but no refund of coarse.

Good question...there seems to be a lot of questions about the 11 elite glads...Here is one for Morgan who keeps avoiding it---why haven't they moved up to major???  It only took the Whitecaps a few months before they were moved to elite.  Is it because they are wanting to win the World Series in their hometown??  Maybe that is why some teams haven't entered the WS..what is it 9 teams now entered and it is a week away?? I wouldn't be surprised if some of the ones that are entered now withdraw their entry. (Lot of money (entry fee) for so few of teams to be entered)

Whitecaps were moved up because they not only won their games, they dominated each win.   You can have a winning season without being moved up, but, winning every game by run ruling teams gets you moved.  Whitecaps are doing very well since the move and I believe they are where they should be based on the talent of that team.  They are great competators and will continue to be.  

What is the big deal regarding the Gladiators?  This is a 11U Elite team and Nations Baseball board decides when a team gets moved from Elite to Premier or Select to Elite.  Yes,  the Gladiators are playing in the Elite 32 11U Major Division in Disney which they qualified for.  Again, don't understand what the issue is.  These kids have worked their tails off to get where they are.

I agree!  Whats the problem with this team and  Morgan.  He has always been fair with our teams and we could be considered "competition".  One things for sure he runs a good program and your right these kids have worked their tail off.  Just thought I would mention, because no one has mentioned it yet, the 13 Year old team went 7 and 1  and placed 2nd in the flowermound open world series that had 64 teams.  A BIG CONGRATULATIONS goes out to the kids and the coaches!!!!!!!! Great Job!  We at GTB have alot of respect for Gladiator Baseball, We feel that they represent the same goals when it comes to kids as we do. 

Any info on the tournament at Lamar this weekend for 16U Red Team?

Gladiator 16U Red Team plays Friday night at 6PM at Vincent Beck.  Then again Saturday morning at 8AM at West Brook.  Sunday play times will be determined from their play Friday and Saturday.  Here is the web site link for the schedule.  Times subject to change, so check periodically.

This is the hidden content, please

Gambler says there are alot of questions regarding the 11 elite gladiators.  My only question is.....How in the heck do these boys play such good ball?  It's obvious these boys are well connected and put in the hard work it takes to be successful.  If you have never had the opportunity to see this team, I encourage you to go to Ford Park next week to watch them in the Nations World Series.  Good luck to these boys in the Nations World Series and congratulations on the berth to the Elite World Series in Orlando.  Also, a big "Shout Out" to the 13 elite gladiators........2nd place out of 64 teams, great job!    

Guest jackbquick

What is the big deal regarding the Gladiators?  This is a 11U Elite team and Nations Baseball board decides when a team gets moved from Elite to Premier or Select to Elite.  Yes,  the Gladiators are playing in the Elite 32 11U Major Division in Disney which they qualified for.  Again, don't understand what the issue is.  These kids have worked their tails off to get where they are.

Don't think this was just brought up this late in the year it has been brought up all year long by many with no real reasons except that they don't 10 run everyone. This team has played in 16 tournaments just in nations and has 11 1st place finishes, 3 2nd place finishes, a 5th and a 7th with an overall record of 62-12-2 and a 9-3 record in premier/major level teams. That is including the fall tournaments, in just spring tourn. they have played in 11 tourn. and won 9 of them, now if that does not warrant moving up I don't know what does since there have been a few teams moved up after a few tourn. wins. 3 out of 5 games so far in the elite world series has been 10 run limits for them. This team is a great team but should be playing at the premier level which is equal to major in USSSA and that is what they are classified as there and will be participating in the elite 24 world series which is the top 24 major teams in the country. These boys have put in alot of hard work but should try to play at the highest level. There is alot more to this than just too late in the season to be moved up, they want to win the local world series and since they are the "host team" nations allowed them to stay at that level and still play even though they did not have to play in the state tournament. Don't think anybody is knocking these kids just would like select ball to not turn into league ball and let politics and who you know run it. These kids are good enough to be playing in premier/major.... end of story.       

Don't think this was just brought up this late in the year it has been brought up all year long by many with no real reasons except that they don't 10 run everyone. This team has played in 16 tournaments just in nations and has 11 1st place finishes, 3 2nd place finishes, a 5th and a 7th with an overall record of 62-12-2 and a 9-3 record in premier/major level teams. That is including the fall tournaments, in just spring tourn. they have played in 11 tourn. and won 9 of them, now if that does not warrant moving up I don't know what does since there have been a few teams moved up after a few tourn. wins. 3 out of 5 games so far in the elite world series has been 10 run limits for them. This team is a great team but should be playing at the premier level which is equal to major in USSSA and that is what they are classified as there and will be participating in the elite 24 world series which is the top 24 major teams in the country. These boys have put in alot of hard work but should try to play at the highest level. There is alot more to this than just too late in the season to be moved up, they want to win the local world series and since they are the "host team" nations allowed them to stay at that level and still play even though they did not have to play in the state tournament. Don't think anybody is knocking these kids just would like select ball to not turn into league ball and let politics and who you know run it. These kids are good enough to be playing in premier/major.... end of story.         

With all due respect to Jack, Gambler, and others...what is the big deal with wins and losses?  If this 11 year old team wins tournaments or not, who cares? Isn't the big picture about the players and their development? For some reason, those of you at the 12 and under age group place way too much emphasis on wins and losses.  I know at the older age groups, success is not measured by wins, but on how the player develops.  At the end of the year, the players who have improved their game and taken it to a higher level are the ones who measure the success of a program or not.  Who cares if a team is 62-12?  What does that get them or their players and coaches?  I have yet to see Joe Buck and Tim McCarver interview the winner of a nations baseball or USSSA world series tournament.  The true measure of the success of a program is the growth of the players on and off the field, not the number of wins they can add to the coaches resume.  I know for a fact, Morgan does not need to have a number of wins determine his success as a coach or trainer.  The true success is the growth of Johnny and Jimmy.

Guest jackbquick

With all due respect to Jack, Gambler, and others...what is the big deal with wins and losses?  If this 11 year old team wins tournaments or not, who cares? Isn't the big picture about the players and their development? For some reason, those of you at the 12 and under age group place way too much emphasis on wins and losses.  I know at the older age groups, success is not measured by wins, but on how the player develops.  At the end of the year, the players who have improved their game and taken it to a higher level are the ones who measure the success of a program or not.  Who cares if a team is 62-12?  What does that get them or their players and coaches?  I have yet to see Joe Buck and Tim McCarver interview the winner of a nations baseball or USSSA world series tournament.  The true measure of the success of a program is the growth of the players on and off the field, not the number of wins they can add to the coaches resume.  I know for a fact, Morgan does not need to have a number of wins determine his success as a coach or trainer.  The true success is the growth of Johnny and Jimmy.

OK I agree with what you're saying but if this ball club and these kids are good enough to be playing at the highest level then why aren't they? If Morgan wants to push these kids to be the best they can be shouldn't they play the best there is out there.

Should the Gladiators be moved up?  Yes.  Will they be classified as Premier / Major next year?  Probably not.  It is what it is.  

My son's team played them a couple of times this past year and we lost both times, but we were competitive and the kids take pride in playing well against the Gladiators.  They are the gold standard in this area and the kids know that.  

To a certain extent, I think that it is a travel issue.  Once they are classified as Premier / Major, they would not be playing in Beaumont given the lack of teams in that classification.  Does it help that Morgan is in the loop with the Nations' organization?  Sure it does, but I don't think he is sandbagging just to win tournments, only to keep it convenient for his players and parents and no one should begrudge him that.  Morgan has always been very fair with our team and they run a good ship out there.  If teams are tired of getting their a**** handed to them by the Gladiators, get better.  That's what our kids have tried to do.

Guest jackbquick

Should the Gladiators be moved up?  Yes.  Will they be classified as Premier / Major next year?  Probably not.  It is what it is.  

My son's team played them a couple of times this past year and we lost both times, but we were competitive and the kids take pride in playing well against the Gladiators.  They are the gold standard in this area and the kids know that.  

To a certain extent, I think that it is a travel issue.  Once they are classified as Premier / Major, they would not be playing in Beaumont given the lack of teams in that classification.  Does it help that Morgan is in the loop with the Nations' organization?  Sure it does, but I don't think he is sandbagging just to win tournments, only to keep it convenient for his players and parents and no one should begrudge him that.  Morgan has always been very fair with our team and they run a good ship out there.  If teams are tired of getting their a**** handed to them by the Gladiators, get better.  That's what our kids have tried to do.

I understand what you're saying and I agree with most of it. There is always going to be a top team in each classification and other teams should be trying to get to that teams level , but at the same time I think to keep things running right you have to be equal and fair across the board on what you do with all teams. There has to be some type of standards on why you would move a team up or down. I have seen so many things done differently this year than last year and some of that has to do with competing organizations, Nations and USSSA, both of them splitting the number of teams in each world series. I know many people next year who would rather just play ball at what other level they're at and then go find a big open world series to play in where at least you know there you may play a,aa,aaa, or major teams and enjoy a true world series type atmosphere.

Guest Ranger83

Morgan Walker is one of the most competitive guys I know! I would bet the farm that he is not sandbagging or doing anything remotely like sandbagging. I bet he has a plan. If you are concerned about his plan, ask HIM! That's where I would start.

Don't be a "donkey".

Guest jackbquick

Morgan Walker is one of the most competitive guys I know! I would bet the farm that he is not sandbagging or doing anything remotely like sandbagging. I bet he has a plan. If you are concerned about his plan, ask HIM! That's where I would start.

Don't be a "donkey".

I don't even know who he is, but if he is as competitive as you say then he should want his team to be competing at the highest level "donkey". You are right, obviously he does have a plan and has all year, stay in elite/AAA and win the world series in Beaumont even if it's not as competitive as it should be for them "donkey".

Don't be a "donkey".

I don't even know who he is, but if he is as competitive as you say then he should want his team to be competing at the highest level "donkey". You are right, obviously he does have a plan and has all year, stay in elite/AAA and win the world series in Beaumont even if it's not as competitive as it should be for them "donkey".

It's competitive....they only won by 1 run yesterday and 1 run today.  If you don't even know who he is, then why are you concerned about what his team is or is not doing?

bottom line is nations baseball bends the rules for certain teams with connections & screws teams trying to play by the rules. the rules were made for everybody to follow.the travel issue is bullshit, other teams get laughed at by mathis if that reason is used.SANDBAGGER WALKER isnt worried about finding comp. hes more worried about his rep., JUSTIFing the money he needs to keep his job  & getting more kids to join the gladiators org. to get more money. thats the plan.u cant argue the facts any team with their record at the first of the year would have been moved up no questions asked,and a good competitive coach would have not argued.

Guest jackbquick

Don't be a "donkey".

It's competitive....they only won by 1 run yesterday and 1 run today.  If you don't even know who he is, then why are you concerned about what his team is or is not doing?

Ok bulldog, you sound very defensive and I am done anyway. If a "competitive" coach doesn't want their team competing at a higher level and can get away with it then there is nothing I can do but put the facts out there and let everyone make their own decision, but most people know what all this is about.  

Guest jackbquick

WHY DOES ANYONE CARE ABOUT THIS!!!!  THEY ARE ELEVEN YEAR OLDS.

Again it's not about the kids, they are a very talented bunch. It is about staying away from little league politics and having all teams/kids follow the same rules.

WHY DOES ANYONE CARE ABOUT THIS!!!!  THEY ARE ELEVEN YEAR OLDS.

Again it's not about the kids, they are a very talented bunch. It is about staying away from little league politics and having all teams/kids follow the same rules.

If it's not about the kids, then move on.  Address whatever problems you have regarding this situation with the coach, nations or whomever. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder