Lumberton Football

has anybody heard of this kid in Lumberton named Sean Sparks? I was in lumberton Taco Bell and a bunch of people were goin on and on about him? He is mentioned in Texas football monthly, but not much on stats......maybe a late bloomer?

Apparently a big kid who's put on some size and runs in the 4.7's

Sean is 6'2'', 235. He runs a 4.7 forty and a 4.1 shuttle. He powercleans 315, benches 305, and squats around 450. Incredible pass rusher who will definatley have a breakout season this next year. Explosive, aggressive, powerful, and quick. Watch this kid.

Thanks for that info, Sean. ;)

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anybody heard of this kid in Lumberton named Sean Sparks? I was in lumberton Taco Bell and a bunch of people were goin on and on about him? He is mentioned in Texas football monthly, but not much on stats......maybe a late bloomer?

Sean is 6'2'', 235. He runs a 4.7 forty and a 4.1 shuttle. He powercleans 315, benches 305, and squats around 450. Incredible pass rusher who will definatley have a breakout season this next year. Explosive, aggressive, powerful, and quick. Watch this kid.

Ha. This aint Sean. Just one of his good friends who wanted to post his real stats.

Thats not Sean.

How is our line looking this year ?

Talked to one of our linemen yesterday at church. He says they are a little smaller than last year but much faster, the ball will be aired out a little more and he assured me that Ryan's accuracy and poise will be much better now that he has experience under his belt. That was great news to me because you could see he could throw and had a strong arm, just wasn't consistent. Look for L-Town to open it up this year with a slightly different game.

That sounds like Skipper with correct spelling  ;D

;)Big House it is a scrimmage-Brand new year-Last year in the books-Nothing to win or lose-Nothing to prove,just hope no injuries before regular season for the Raiders and Broncos.I do hope Lumberton has another great year as the fans/players deserve a winning team and a great bunch of coaches.

;)Big House it is a scrimmage-Brand new year-Last year in the books-Nothing to win or lose-Nothing to prove,just hope no injuries before regular season for the Raiders and Broncos.I do hope Lumberton has another great year as the fans/players deserve a winning team and a great bunch of coaches.

how do the fans deserve another winning team?

AJ 25-Lumberton has turned their football program totally around,fans get excited,paint the town,even the media coverage was great for all involved.Just saying the fans(taxpayers)or more in favor of passing issues for facilities upgrades I would think. What's going on over there is great.My former school Dayton had their years of losing,new dynamic coach comes in and helps turn the program around.Starting them young in training programs pays off yrs.later.

AJ 25-Lumberton has turned their football program totally around,fans get excited,paint the town,even the media coverage was great for all involved.Just saying the fans(taxpayers)or more in favor of passing issues for facilities upgrades I would think. What's going on over there is great.My former school Dayton had their years of losing,new dynamic coach comes in and helps turn the program around.Starting them young in training programs pays off yrs.later.

Well I still don't see how the fans deserve a winning team. Do they practice 3 hours after school and workout for an 1 and a half during school, 4 days a week? And do the fans go through 2 weeks of 2 a days?? I don't think so.. The only ones that DESERVE a great season is the players and coaches that put the work in. Fans don't see what goes into a football game on Friday night.. They just see the game itself, not the hours of preperation during the week..

I heard that Rocky McDonald's son may be playing RB at Lumberton, he was the big running back in Southeast Texas in the late 80s, does anyone know if this is true.

Chase McDonald? I havent heard that but Ill look into it for ya. Im pretty sure Asher will be the starter for this next season.

I heard that Rocky McDonald's son may be playing RB at Lumberton, he was the big running back in Southeast Texas in the late 80s, does anyone know if this is true.

Chase McDonald? I havent heard that but Ill look into it for ya. Im pretty sure Asher will be the starter for this next season.

McDonald plays WR.

Chase McDonald isnt the kid your thinking of. Rocky's son might get some time at FB and DE and AJ is right. The players (like AJ) and coaches have put in alot of work. the football team has not gotten any facility upgrades thanks to the fans. currently Lumberton has the worst facilitys in the area. Start making some donations like the good people in silsbee or mid county and then you can start "deserving" something. Right now the players and coaches deserve to win and they deserve your support.

Chase McDonald isnt the kid your thinking of. Rocky's son might get some time at FB and DE and AJ is right. The players (like AJ) and coaches have put in alot of work. the football team has not gotten any facility upgrades thanks to the fans. currently Lumberton has the worst facilitys in the area. Start making some donations like the good people in silsbee or mid county and then you can start "deserving" something. Right now the players and coaches deserve to win and they deserve your support.

Hey WTB, it wouldn't hurt if you guys could ever get a bond passed too. ;)

I agree, Lumberton's athletic facilities are poor and pale in comparison to little 3A Silsbee's.

AJ alot of those fans you refer to have been there-done that.The point is WITHOUT Credeur and his staff 125 wins in 40 yrs-WITH 19 wins in 2 yrs.Build it and they WILL COME.BELIEVE and it WILL HAPPEN.I do not live in "L"town,but we do shop there often and they have alot of friendly folks that are excited about Raider Sports.

Give us time.........we are barely keeping up with the population and the number of kids coming in!

lol well you know how that bond was. 6 mill for an auditorium and 30 thousand for athletics. I would consider that a FAIL. actually it was ZERO for athletics until Coach Creadur said something. I dont know what we could have done with 30 thousand.... I think build a office for our secratary. I think Lumberton people should just picket outside central office ;D

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

lol well you know how that bond was. 6 mill for an auditorium and 30 thousand for athletics. I would consider that a FAIL. actually it was ZERO for athletics until Coach Creadur said something. I dont know what we could have done with 30 thousand.... I think build a office for our secratary. I think Lumberton people should just picket outside central office ;D

If I ever win the Lotto I will donate lots of money.  ;D

WTB, I'm assuming from the sound of it the you live here in Lumberton, our facilities, at least the field stadium and parking far exceed what some schools have. I mean look at Vidor for pete's sake, a former 5-A school and they have one of the worst stadiums in the area IMO, no offense to the good Vidor folks. Also, unless they've gotten a new stadium in the last 2 years, you'll see that Livingston's is no bed of roses either.. Our place isn't perfect by far but we have it better than alot. I would love to see a new stadium, but, ONLY if they leave a walkway in front of the stands so some of us old farts can continue walking up and down the field with the team like we currently do. No other stadium in the area has that kind of fan access. Now as far as the field house, now that's an entirely different matter, that we need desperately.

The fieldhouse, training room, concessions, etc all need replacing. To be honest though, the fieldhouse does like quite a bit better on the inside though. There has been several upgrades on the inside these past few years. As far as the field, it's one of the best around IMO. The weight room is pretty new, and a pretty good size as well. We basically have 3 practice fields, Idk how many schools can say that. We have great parking. And we've been upgrading equipment. It's a great time to be going through that program, trust me.

raider old timer you live in a bubble my friend. I have seen everyone in the district and just about everyone in the areas facility's and we are last in the district in facility's I promise you that. Vidor's field and fieldhouse is much nicer than ours. Our field house was built in the 70's and im not lieing. AJ all the upgrades are coats of paint and the carpet being taken out and putting in tile. The weight room isnt bad ill give you that. the baseball stadium needs to be overhauled. It was built in the early 80s. Parts of the basketball stadium are being condemed. Our athletic budget is the lowest in the district. It was posted in the beaumont enterprise 2 years ago and it hasnt gotten any better.

WTB, first of all, HUH? You just gave yourself knowledge or lack thereof away my friend. Let me, as someone who was born in Beaumont and raised in Chance-Loeb/Lumberton (just to let you know how far back I go). Number  1. The High School and the field house in question were built in 1979, granted that qualifies as "the seventies" but barely and as I said the FH does need replaced for sure. Number two the baseball field, I mean what do you want, a brick and mortar facility? Number three, I guarantee you, if PART of the basketball stadium (otherwise known as basketball GYM by us folks not in LaLa land) were condemned, then the whole dang thing would be condemned along with the school considering they are attached. One more thing, although I haven't found the exact breakdown yet, the recently proposed bond which was in two parts was closer to 28 million, the 6.5 million part being for the construction of the new fine arts center, which , sorry "Big Daddy Ross", couldn't be justified and probably would have lost even if the rest of the measure passed. I suspect that was the main reason it was separated out into a "Proposal Two". Frankly, I think maybe the voters in Lumberton ought to look at who was on the school board back when the current high school was built. If memory serves me, one thing I remember after getting out of the Army was that people were bragging about how the High School had been built without any bonds needing to be issued, now I'm not certain if that's true or not but the recent board, which included members I consider friends, apparently haven't been very fiscally responsible.

I have personally seen Lumberton's facilities while doing my broadcasting job. They aren't that great compared to many other schools locally. But, they aren't the worst.

I do have a request though. Please put a phone line in the pressbox. I believe you guys have the only stadium in the area without one. Even that firecracker stand that Newton has on top of their visitors stands and that "leanto" over at WOS, have a phone line.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder