biggest rivalry game in setx??

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BobcatBeliever

Nederland and PNG may very well be the the most intense, but there's been plenty of Bear and Chief (WO before the (S) was added) stealing from years past and BC & OF can become pretty nasty as well.

Guest BobcatBeliever

Ozen and Central might be a big rivalry now, but in the past Westbrook and Central was pretty nasty and would draw an enormous crowd.

I would have to say Silsbee/Jasper. For PNG/Ned. its easy beening someones rival if you live next to them. As a matter of fact its hard to tell where the boundarys begin and end, if it were not for the colors. Yes they go back a long, long time and have played year in and year out. And it is close to all of the TV stations. They are very rich in tradition. Silsbee/Jasper has had the distinction of playing in the states toughest 4a district since the late 70's where each game had play-off hopes in it. No matter if one team was up or the other down, or both teams were up. Also, they do not live right around the corner, they are 45 miles apart. They are 30 min. to 1 hour away from the TV stations, not in there back door. There also has been a time when this rivalery was so heated they had to stop playing for a while. Silsbee /Jasper are in 3a now and back in the toughest district in the state. Each person has there own rival team out there. Some farther off than others. Its not just who started first or how many times they have played. It mite very well be what is on the line when they play or who else is playing in the district.

Guest Bridge City Card
I would have to say Silsbee/Jasper. For PNG/Ned. its easy beening someones rival if you live next to them. As a matter of fact its hard to tell where the boundarys begin and end' date=' if it were not for the colors. Yes they go back a long, long time and have played year in and year out. And it is close to all of the TV stations. They are very rich in tradition. Silsbee/Jasper has had the distinction of playing in the states toughest 4a district since the late 70's where each game had play-off hopes in it. No matter if one team was up or the other down, or both teams were up. Also, they do not live right around the corner, they are 45 miles apart. They are 30 min. to 1 hour away from the TV stations, not in there back door. There also has been a time when this rivalery was so heated they had to stop playing for a while. Silsbee /Jasper are in 3a now and back in the toughest district in the state. Each person has there own rival team out there. Some farther off than others. Its not just who started first or how many times they have played. It mite very well be what is on the line when they play or who else is playing in the district.[/quote'] That one has been heating up lately that's for sure.

I would have to say Silsbee/Jasper. For PNG/Ned. its easy beening someones rival if you live next to them. As a matter of fact its hard to tell where the boundarys begin and end' date=' if it were not for the colors. Yes they go back a long, long time and have played year in and year out. And it is close to all of the TV stations. They are very rich in tradition. [/quote']

Ned/PNG for sure... nobody even close... What makes this rivalry special, is something unexplained... anytime I hear Cherokee, I get chills and it reminds me of when I played for Nederland and walked out to do pregam drills and I saw both sides filled with upwards of 10,000 people and then PNG's band struck up cherokee and there is no other feeling that can come close to that..... I think its just something thats taught to you as a child... But we tend to do a great job of supporting each other in the playoffs... tick tock tick tock tick tock - 7 days

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine