Kountze Summer League

Guest nostradamus

not enough jv's to create their own division and they are not completely JV's.....but have some varsity players mixed in

Lee College High School Summer League

JV Division                                            Varsity Division

Baytown Christain Academy                    N.E. Christain Academy

Clear Brook HS                                      Crosby HS

Sterling HS (Blue)                                  Clear Brook (Black)

Lee HS                                                Anahuac

BH ( Blue)                                            Clear Brook (Red)

Anahuac (gold)                                    Sterling HS

BH (grey)                                            Lee HS

Sterling (silver)                                    Barbers Hill (Blue)

BH (white)                                          Goose Creek

Anahuac (Black)                                    BH (white)

Goose Creek (Red)

Goose Creek (Black)

Why would you have varsities playing jv's in summer league?  Not sure I get that!

Don't know who is V and Who is JV HJ is playing 3 teams in this league and lumberton is playing 2 and Kountze is playing 2. They are all High school players that will be playing next year and what better way to see if a kid can play at the V level, There is only so much you can see at practice. Some kids play in games better . I know that it is just summer league but look in stands and see who's coaches are there. They cant set the bench but bet your @ss they are calling the shots on who playing and what they are running.

Watched the last two games to night HJ V - Lumb. V . Good game Lumb lost by 2 and had a chance to tie  at the end and the kid miss a lay up. They were down by 2 with 49 sec left and took it down to 5 and missed it. Me I would have tried to score a little faster but it was a good shot just missed it. Then Evadale  played Lumb JV in last game Lumb only had 5 players Evadale won a sloppy game Lumb had no one to match up with Evadales two big kids. Someone needs to tell the ref that it is Summer league and not the playoffs. They call every little hand check and push.Let them play they will even out in the end. With a running clock all the calls take playing time off the clock.

Guest baseball25

WHO CARES its SUMMER LEAGUE, HJ doesn't care how they play rightnow, but I know for SURE LUMBERTON IS TAKING it SERIOUS lol we only lost to HJ by 2 in summer league...like I said its SUMMER LEAGUE nobody cares..

Ktz varsity beat Hj jv

Hj varsity beat Ktz jv

Silsbee beat Evadale

Lumberton varisty beat Lum jv

.....They were all blow outs

Thursdays Games:

Ktz jv v.s Hj jv

Silsbee v.s Hj jv

Lumberton varsity v.s Hj varsity

Lum jv v.s Evadale

They didn't play HJ JV, they played Hardin.

I don't see where anyone is hanging their hat on any game. The guy just posted about what game he saw, that's all.

Thank you Aggie I just reported the game as I saw it. Could not care less who won are lost. But sounds to me some people on here are a little sensitive when it comes to HJ. JMO

Saw this game wasn't much of a game.  kountze blew silsbee out.  silsbee was missing what should be three starters next year as well as at least one more player so this isn't a true look at the team.  however Kountze looked real good.  they shot the ball fantastic and played great team ball.  Had a little guard that looked real good as well as Mcdaniel and #5 who I assumed was Walker.  Silsbee has to work on team play as well as overall hustle.  Silsbee looked at times like they just weren't into it.  I know it is just summer games but still they should put the effort in.  D.C. got real frustrated with the officiating and I believe his teams play,  they just need to play together better. Anyone know when silsbee's and HJ's next games are?

I would think that would be pretty dumb not to.. They should be in the gym as much as they could

If they want to make a run for the state title. but other than that

i hear kountze looks pretty good only if they can get some good point play

Our PG will be young so we need a consistence play.

Hill and Bolton are playing football so they are most likely doing 7 on 7. The 6'7 players I know nothing of. I was sure that one of the 6'7 player was playing on a AAU team which travel nationwide, which won't let him have the time to participate in Kountze Summer League

Yes the lack of participation by several players is what can keep a pretty good team from becoming a great team.  I wish the Tigers had that devotion by more players.   A question for Lazeek or another knowledgeable HJ fan,  have players such as Burrel and others who played football as well as basketball participate in summer basketball?

Monday    Kountze Schedule                                                                                                                                      5 : Lumb. vs Kountze Black                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      6: Lumb Blue vs Kountze red                                                                                                                                              7: Evadale VS H J Blue                                                                                                                                              8: HJ VS H J White

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami