Is SETX Football Baq on the rise

Again I consider Dayton a Houston area team. They play in a houston area district and are an hour drive aay from the GT. For the record I consider BH a Houston area team as well and theyare closer than Dayton.

WOS in 2000 is correct. That's 9 seasons without a GT team in the finals. And correct me if I am wrong (no research done), but wasn't Centrals run last year the furthest since 2000??

Well if you are narrowing your search down to the GT then you would be correct but your post said SOUTHEAST Texas, and the last time I checked Dayton is a part of Southeast Texas.  Another case of Dayton envy.  When we were part of their district in the GT and we went to the Semi-Finals they wanted to include us now that we are not in their district we are a Houston area school.  But correct me if I am wrong but isn't Houston in SOUTHEAST Texas?

Again I consider Dayton a Houston area team. They play in a houston area district and are an hour drive aay from the GT. For the record I consider BH a Houston area team as well and theyare closer than Dayton.

WOS in 2000 is correct. That's 9 seasons without a GT team in the finals. And correct me if I am wrong (no research done), but wasn't Centrals run last year the furthest since 2000??

2008 was Central's deepest run since 2003 when we made it to the third round vs. Bay City...

Well if you are narrowing your search down to the GT then you would be correct but your post said SOUTHEAST Texas, and the last time I checked Dayton is a part of Southeast Texas.  Another case of Dayton envy.  When we were part of their district in the GT and we went to the Semi-Finals they wanted to include us now that we are not in their district we are a Houston area school.  But correct me if I am wrong but isn't Houston in SOUTHEAST Texas?

WOW.......Dayton envy? I consider Dayton to be in the "Greater Houston" area. Same as when they were in 20-4A. That does not mean I will not pull for them, it just means I do not consider them part of SETX.

Well if you are narrowing your search down to the GT then you would be correct but your post said SOUTHEAST Texas, and the last time I checked Dayton is a part of Southeast Texas. Another case of Dayton envy.  When we were part of their district in the GT and we went to the Semi-Finals they wanted to include us now that we are not in their district we are a Houston area school.  But correct me if I am wrong but isn't Houston in SOUTHEAST Texas?

WOW.......Dayton envy? I consider Dayton to be in the "Greater Houston" area. Same as when they were in 20-4A. That does not mean I will not pull for them, it just means I do not consider them part of SETX.

Bingo!

We don't consider Livingston A SETX school either and they are in our loacal 4A district.

Bottom line is this area has not been a big factor in HS football at the 3A-5A ranks in some time.

Didn't Jasper make it to the state and lost a few years back? I believe it was in 04

They lost to Gilmer in 2004 state title game. Correct.

So 1 rep. in 9 years. And the sad part is now we actually have more chances each year from 3A-5A because more teams make the playoffs now.

Dayton made the semis in 2007 and then the state championship in 2008.

Deepest run by SETX teams:

2000- Wos in finals

2001- Ned in semifinals

2003- Ned and Central in 3rd round

2008- Dayton in semis (correction from earlier)

I am looking at the other years

Deepest run by SETX teams:

2000- Wos in finals

2001- Ned in semifinals

2003- Ned and Central in 3rd round

2008- Dayton in semis (correction from earlier)

I am looking at the other years

Lemme add something you may have forgot, BD. 

2008- Central in 4th round!  ;D ;D

One of the problems we have in this area is not enough stable programs. When you have long-time coaches at a school it raises the competition level. If you have to bring your 'A' game every Friday night it will make you better. How many coaches have been at the same school for over 10 years, now look at how competitive that school is. Get some good coaches that stay for more than 2 years and watch the Gold come back to the Triangle!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder