**Bridge City vs Spring Hill Series Updates.12-6 SH Advances!!!!**

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah post the tape on hear maybe the score will change and bridge city will win.....and the bridge city fans will let it go.....if it was as bad as people say then i am sure that the bridge city coach would ask for someone to review the film if there was a film....just to see if something should be said to the umps ...NOT THAT IT WOULD CHANGE THE OUTCOME.....get over it....once again if you want to blame somoene blame robertson....he started the whole incident by is imature undiscipline action

yeah post the tape on hear maybe the score will change and bridge city will win.....and the bridge city fans will let it go.....if it was as bad as people say then i am sure that the bridge city coach would ask for someone to review the film if there was a film....just to see if something should be said to the umps ...NOT THAT IT WOULD CHANGE THE OUTCOME.....get over it....once again if you want to blame somoene blame robertson....he started the whole incident by is imature undiscipline action

Go Away

Go Away

Nice response dude.

Do you have the tapes?  If you don't, say so.  If so, post them.  It's a reasonable request.

Put up or Shut up!!!

jacf, were you at the game?  And if so, you did not see anything wrong with one player getting tossed and the other let play?  Just curious as to what you saw.  I am a BC fan, know what happened, didn't say our player should not have been tossed, but said the other one should have also.  I don't recall whining about losing, I do know that the incident COULD HAVE changed the outcome of the game, and how do you know that had this not happened that BC would not have scored 10 the first inning, and the other team might not have score any in the 3rd?  And several times you have stated that BC should've won the first game when they had the opportunity, can you please tell me what you mean by that?  Are you implying they lost on purpose?  Just not sure where you are coming from with that.

How about posting the film on here?

[/qu

i never said i had a tape of the game ..this poster made a general comment i think about posting a tape of the game..yes i was at the game and i think our player deserved it and probably the palyer from spring hill might have deserved it....but from where i was i couldnt hear what was being said ...it looked like they both were mouthing alot......but i honestly think they would have still scored eight runs in the third no matter what.....they would have gotten the same hits wether robertson was in the game or not...and dont think him getting thrown out stopped us from getting any runs in the first three innings....and as far as us not winning the first game ..we did get three guys thrown out at home plus we missed a suicide squeeze and we made some errors that gave them some un-earned runs.....i know the three outs at the plate was just being aggressive which was fine ..but we had our chances to win the game .....this is just my opinion and this is a discussion board and i am just giving my opinion.....bottom line is the team had a great year and it just wasnt meant for them to go any further....hopefull they will be in the same situation again next year

How about posting the film on here?

i never said i had a tape of the game ..this poster made a general comment i think about posting a tape of the game..yes i was at the game and i think our player deserved it and probably the palyer from spring hill might have deserved it....but from where i was i couldnt hear what was being said ...it looked like they both were mouthing alot......but i honestly think they would have still scored eight runs in the third no matter what.....they would have gotten the same hits wether robertson was in the game or not...and dont think him getting thrown out stopped us from getting any runs in the first three innings....and as far as us not winning the first game ..we did get three guys thrown out at home plus we missed a suicide squeeze and we made some errors that gave them some un-earned runs.....i know the three outs at the plate was just being aggressive which was fine ..but we had our chances to win the game .....this is just my opinion and this is a discussion board and i am just giving my opinion.....bottom line is the team had a great year and it just wasnt meant for them to go any further....hopefull they will be in the same situation again next year

jacf,

My comments were not directed towards you but more towards the person who told you to "Go away" and, in general, to those who claim that the tapes would reveal all.  I did notice that you were asking for the tapes to be posted.  If anyone has a tape of this, feel free to do so.

I agree with you that maybe it wasn't meant for the Cards to move on (for the record I was hoping that they would win).  If BC had three runners thrown out at home, maybe that means that SH had some good arms in the outfield (or from whatever position they were thrown out from).  Miss a bunt and make some errors; well, you can't do that and expect to win.  At this point in the playoffs you need to be  perfect.

I still think that BC had a very good shot at giving them a good game until all the commotion, but like you said this is a discussion board, and the people posting on the incident are free to post about it and what they saw.  You accuse BC fans of whining about losing, which I don't think that was the case, but I see you also accused people of whining about losing on the softball forum.  Bottom line is, BC players gave them a 10 inning game the first night and it could've gone either way, then beat them the 2nd game, and you seem to imply that they were beat from the beginning of the 3rd game.................how do you figure that?  Seems to me they held their own with SH for two games, did they not?  Bridge City had an outstanding year, as a fan I have enjoyed many hours of watching them play, I am not whining because they lost, just don't believe they should have been the only team that got an ejection in the third game AND I was there and could see exactly what happened and it was not right.  Water under the bridge tho, season is over and the SH team moves on..............................................and I hope Carthage romps all over em.  

i wasnt implying they was beat before the third game started..i was just saying i didnt think all the commotion in the first inning had a big effect on the outcome of the game.....spring hill just had a real good inning in the third and bc really didnt string some hits together until the last few innings...i really thought after the 2nd game that bc was going to take the third game....and as far as the softball forum after the girls lost to huffman some of the parents were whining about the coach...they do that every year since coach lemmons left....it just gets old year after year.....they get beat by a better team and they complain every year......i really hope spring hill wins it all so bridge city can say they got beat by the state champs.....again.....know that doesnt mean a whole lot but it helps a little

I heard George Coit was one of the umpires.  If this is true, I can't believe any of the nonsense about the Spring Hill kid pushing and shoving and not getting tossed.  I once saw George toss a 90 year-old grandma :D :D.

I saw GC call some good games....before politics came to the Asso...

Guest BC boy 17

I don't think many people realize this, but BC actually out hit Spring Hill by several hits. i know Spring Hill had 9 and BC had around 13 maybe

a couple more. but i think as far as Joe getting tossed it did affect BC a little. that basically ended the first inning, you went from

1 on and 0 outs to 2 outs and no one on. i know what the first baseman said and i saw everything from the 1st base dugout,

lets just say he should have been tossed also. it seemed to me that throughout that series the umpire that did toss Joe was

a little bias towards SH with several of his calls IMO. umpiring is tough but some of his calls were a little border line and

went in SH favor, but thats baseball. not making excuses for BC, we had a lot of dumb mistakes and we lost. we beat ourselves most

of that series and they capitalized on our mistakes. i think the teams were dead even in terms of talent, i still believe that BC

should have won that series. I'm not blaming anyone for their loss just came up short this time. i mean SH threw 4 or 5 perfect

throws to homeplate (how does that happen?) I'm pretty sure the pitcher saw the runner breaking for home on the squeeze and

pitched out make it extremely tough for that to work. SH just played a great series and congrats Cards on another great season,

best of luck next year.  

It's always fun to be a Saturday Morning Quarterback.....

Looking back at the last game--I think I would have started either Zoch or Cessac and tried to get just one inning out of them.  Then, I would have pitched Matt Hicks for up to three innings only(he was legal for as many at 10 innings on Saturday).  Then, I would have pitched Kellogg for an additional three inning(he was legal for up to 10 innings on Saturday)......  It's so easy to look back and have an alternate opinion.    :)

Congradulation BC kids Keep your heads up.  You have such great talent.  It seems that your hard work and skills taught from coach Bryant still carries on. 

Oh boy......like that had a lot to do with it....lol

Congrats to BC and Coach Landry on great season!!

I would think just a little credit would go to their former coach, huh?  He obviously wasn't too shabby because didn't he have a pretty good record with the Cards? 

Lets just say that BC has a strong baseball program.......they can play by the time that they get to High School.  Look at the success they have had at the lower levels......the numbers thin as they get older, but the skills are learned at a young age. 

Now, let us move forward and keep the focus of the thread..........BC CARDS had a great year and we look forward to the next year!!!

Hmmm...are you the current coach or a player's parent?  Mighty touchy, ehhh?  I don't see where we really got off subject, oh sensitive one.

BC has a strong baseball program like WO-S has a strong football program, but talent is just talent without a coach to guide them.  I don't think that anyone is taking anything away from anyone here...I think cardfan was just inserting their $.02...

Hmmm...are you the current coach or a player's parent?  Mighty touchy, ehhh?  I don't see where we really got off subject, oh sensitive one.

BC has a strong baseball program like WO-S has a strong football program, but talent is just talent without a coach to guide them.  I don't think that anyone is taking anything away from anyone here...I think cardfan was just inserting their $.02...

Neither ole negative one.....WO-S has a stable of athletes that flock to football........but baseball unlike football has few plays to call.  Very few baseball pitchers find out they can pitch in high school, and most position players play the same positions they have always played.  Hope to not hurt anyones feelings, but a coach in HS baseball is more of a manager then a coach.  A coach can help/assist fine tuning techniques, but the skill to play was learned in the early years.  Again, look at the baseball youth programs of area cities and you will see what I mean.......for another example, mid county has a excellent baseball program, but in Port Arthur there is hardly any.....and it shows in their HS baseball programs.

No, baseball may not have the number of plays in baseball, but I can also say that there is also more money pumped in to many more baseball kids than football kids.  Bottom line is...talent is a great thing and although they may excel at the lower levels...at the upper levels, they still need to be coached.  Maybe the baseball coaches deserve a little more credit than they get being called managers.

I don't see much negative in my post...but, then again...usually a differing opinion is considered negative.

There is much talent in the respective schools and their respective sports... both weed out as they get older and much of is either lack of discipline or desire to continue to play (usually because of their parents).  My take on cardfan's comment was about like if Coach T left WO-S...like him or not, for a couple of years after he left...his discipline styles would probably show in the kids that had gone through his off-season...whether you liked him or not.  That's all. 

My bad for ruffling your feathers...oops!

No, baseball may not have the number of plays in baseball, but I can also say that there is also more money pumped in to many more baseball kids than football kids.  Bottom line is...talent is a great thing and although they may excel at the lower levels...at the upper levels, they still need to be coached.  Maybe the baseball coaches deserve a little more credit than they get being called managers.

I don't see much negative in my post...but, then again...usually a differing opinion is considered negative.

There is much talent in the respective schools and their respective sports... both weed out as they get older and much of is either lack of discipline or desire to continue to play (usually because of their parents).  My take on cardfan's comment was about like if Coach T left WO-S...like him or not, for a couple of years after he left...his discipline styles would probably show in the kids that had gone through his off-season...whether you liked him or not.  That's all. 

::)

The line of "ole negative one" was in reference to you starting your post with "Hmmm...are you the current coach or a player's parent? ".  To which I replied neither one.........your attempt to negate my opinion with a "accusation" failed!!!

We will have to agree to disagree.........for someone so apoligetic about ruffling feathers, you sure seem to get yours in a fluff if the opine is not the same as yours!!! 

Guest BC boy 17

give the coaches credit, Coach Landry and his staff will forget more baseball than most of us will ever know. he helped out the cards a lot this year.

We are all probably all guilty of being "coaches in the stands".  If a play does not work, we more than likely say he (she) should not have done that, we would never have called that play, he should've........... and on and on.  Point is, we are not the coach, and it's so very easy to second guess a call or a play that didn't work.  But if it does work, he or she is the greatest! 

There are some that disagree with the agressiveness of the baserunning calls.........................but the prior coach was not agressive enough according to some.  I guess we as parents and fans are never totally satisfied in any situation.

My whole point in this is, Coach Landry is in his first year in BC and the team was regional semi-finalist.  Not bad at all!  I think BC will continue to improve under this coach.  AND, I had no problem with Coach Bryant, my son had nothing but good to say about him, and in the end, that is what matters as these kids are the ones that are up close and personal with these coaches.

Again, great season, and the future looks good for the Cards!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder