**Bridge City vs Spring Hill Series Updates.12-6 SH Advances!!!!**

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I saw was SH blocked every base our runners came to with semi-pass blocks....In this case in the third game the second baseball characteristically set up--out in front of the second base-- dead in the middle of the base path.  Just as Robertson got to the base he stepped to the right to go around him(SH 2b) and at the same time the second base took a half step that same direction and--he leveled him! Could have been accident that they ran together.

What needs investigated is why as Robertson was quietly leaving the Diamond--the first baseman 6' 5" #20 came running at him and hit him several times.  Roberson was looking at his Coach and the four Referees in astonishment as the 1B youth kept pushing and hitting and NO Official even did any thing but watch!  The BC fans began a loud chant during the fiasco, "twenty goes too!", "Twenty goes too!", on & on.

After many chants and the protest of the plumpeting delievered to the ejected player and the fact that #20 was not thrown out--the Officiating went straight down hill from that moment on.  Every outside ball was called a strike against BC.....I wish the films could  be submitted to the Refs Associations about the other boy not being thrown out of the game!

why would you NOT want the team that beat you to win state??? I would rather say the team that beat me was the State Champs. 

1. If you would've won the first game when you had the chance then you would still be playing.

2. You can't blame it on the umps.. The umps didn't score 8 runs in the third inning of the third game.

3.Bottom line you got beat by a good hitting team that played with very few errors and no mental mistakes.

Just wish Spring Hill good luck and BC stop being sore losers, and yes I am from Bridge City....

What I saw was SH blocked every base our runners came to with semi-pass blocks....In this case in the third game the second baseball characteristically set up--out in front of the second base-- dead in the middle of the base path.  Just as Robertson got to the base he stepped to the right to go around him(SH 2b) and at the same time the second base took a half step that same direction and--he leveled him! Could have been accident that they ran together.

What needs investigated is why as Robertson was quietly leaving the Diamond--the first baseman 6' 5" #20 came running at him and hit him several times.  Roberson was looking at his Coach and the four Referees in astonishment as the 1B youth kept pushing and hitting and NO Official even did any thing but watch!  The BC fans began a loud chant during the fiasco, "twenty goes too!", "Twenty goes too!", on & on.

After many chants and the protest of the plumpeting delievered to the ejected player and the fact that #20 was not thrown out--the Officiating went straight down hill from that moment on.  Every outside ball was called a strike against BC.....I wish the films could  be submitted to the Refs Associations about the other boy not being thrown out of the game!

i guess you see what you want to. the 2nd baseman reached out to tag him and he came at him and leveled him. when he was running off after being ejected he was laughing and said he got what he deserves. that when #20 stepped in and said what did you say. the BC player got in his face and called him every name under the sun so #20 gave him a shove.

why would you NOT want the team that beat you to win state??? I would rather say the team that beat me was the State Champs. 

1. If you would've won the first game when you had the chance then you would still be playing.

2. You can't blame it on the umps.. The umps didn't score 8 runs in the third inning of the third game.

3.Bottom line you got beat by a good hitting team that played with very few errors and no mental mistakes.

Just wish Spring Hill good luck and BC stop being sore losers, and yes I am from Bridge City....

good to see there are a few classy fans at BC. but of course we all have our bad apples

I think the "incident" changed the whole momentum of the game.  Our player gets tossed, but #20 purposely goes up to him as he is leaving the field and pokes him and pushes his chest several times and that's okay?  My whole problem is that these umps have to call both ways and be fair about it, but that was not the case.  And 20 continued to mouth at players and coaches all night, guess they thought that was okay also.

As stated by another poster, yes, BC had several errors that cost them, misjudged balls, overthrows, etc. and there was not much of that done by SH, they had very very few errors in the three game series, so would the outcome have been the same without all this mess happening...............I am not sure, BC was up from winning game 2, so that is something we'll never know.

Just think the umps should have been fair in calling the calls and that was not how it happened, the calls benefited SH totally in the last game and they turned a deaf ear and a blind eye on things the SH players did and said.  In a game like that, should not have been that way.

robertson getting tossed did not have any effect on the outcome of the game....spring hill would have scored 8 runs in the third innning wether he was in the game or not......and the umps did not control the game maybe they should have run # 20 but they didnt...the b.c player knew he couldnt just run over another player like he did....if you want to blame somebody blame him...he showed poor judgemennt and a lack of discipline.....b.c fans need to stop putting a damper on a fine season and let it go.....they were outplayed period......as i b.c. fan i am embarrassed to be from bridge city when you whiners get on hear and cry and make excuses why we lost.....we lost because we gave game one away....period......

THE FILMS WILL SHOW THAT THE AGGRESSIVE ACTIONS BY THE FIRST BASEMAN WERE COMPLETELY OUT OF LINE!

This blabber by the two SH people on here is simply and grossly not true.  Robertson was quietly walking to the dugout with one Ref by his side.  When the attack by #20 began; that Ref and the others that were actually close-by simply "froze" and did not intervene in the aggressive attack.  Robertson put his hands up and simply backed-up: keeping silent....

Send the films to the UIL and the Officials' home Units and see if these four men can maybe be put on probation, or something, to keep this type poor Officiating from being ignored in the future.

This type in-action by the Officials could well be used on into the future in training films to show(using as examples), how Officiating should NOT be handled in the future.

Go Carthage!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder