**Bridge City vs Spring Hill Series Updates.12-6 SH Advances!!!!**

They moved the games Saturday to Hudson? And Why did they change the time? I wish I could have went to the game tonight. Was getting updates from a friend and it sounded like a great game. That's crazy that Hicks threw 10. He's probably done for the series then. Will Spring Hill throw Methvin in Game 2?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give Spring Hill credit.  They made perfect throws and tags every time.  Hicks pitched a tremendous game all 10 innings. This was a game played well by two excellent teams.  I'm not second guessing anyone tonight.  Regroup and go get 'em Saturday.  We have now seen their best pitcher and know what to expect.  I expect a game three!

What a game!  If you saw this one, you certainly got your money's worth!  Game could've gone either way, it was a battle to the finish.  Spring Hill is a very good ball club, but take out the hiccups of last night and Bridge City wins.  It came down to who made the least mistakes.  And these Panthers can gun you down from outfield as they proved numerous times last night!  Cards gave the #1 team all they could handle last night, so now it's time to step it up another notch and go show them they can't take this away from BC!  I believe Cards will take the next two...................we've seen their arsenal...................they haven't seen ours behind Matt!  And let me say, awsome game Matt, you are something else to say the least!  Good luck and go back to Hudson and take the next two! :)

Wow what a great game for the Cards!  A whole  bunch of talent !!!  Matt Hicks battled to the end!!!!!!  Great job guy!!!  It has been bittersweet watching these guys from t-ball till now!  I wish them the best of luck !!!!!!!!!!!!  Remider most of these guys were on the Pony team that was 1 game from going to the World Series!!!!!!!!! 

.....And I can say that we should have won that one....That's all I'm saying....

I will THIRD that !!!!!!!    :-\

Panthers take Game 1 over Cardinals, 8-7, in 10

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

Joe Robertson scored the Cardinals’ first run when Blake Hubbard ripped a RBI double to left after Robertson singled to start the inning.

Hubbard and Luke Rhodes, who had walked, came in to tie the game two batters later when Caleb Kellogg stroked a two-run single to make it 3-3

Rhodes then collected another single and both runners advanced when Hubbard walked.

Kellogg then struck again with two outs with a two-RBI double to left to plate Robertson and Rhodes to make it 5-3 Cardinals.

Eric Matthews made sure the Cardinals were not done with a two-RBI single to center to score Hubbard and Kellogg making it 7-3.

read more>

This is the hidden content, please

Are you kidding me?  I thought this thing was over.... Can someone fill us in on the plays at home?  Bang-Bang plays I would assume?  There was a 3rd base coach right?  I understand the 4th out at home was a missed bunt......  Hats off to Hicks for hanging in there.... 

Are you kidding me?  I thought this thing was over.... Can someone fill us in on the plays at home?  Bang-Bang plays I would assume?  There was a 3rd base coach right?  I understand the 4th out at home was a missed bunt......   Hats off to Hicks for hanging in there.... 

I'll take a shot.

BC had runner at 1st and 3rd 1 out. Ball hit to third and the runner went home on contact and was gunned at the plate.

BC had Kellogg on 2nd with 2 outs. Ball hit to LF between SS and 3rd, with Kellogg's speed only perfect throw gets him. Kellog out at plate.

BC has runner at 2nd with 2 outs. Ball hit between 1st and 2nd , only perfect throw gets him. Out at plate.

BC has runner at 3rd 1 out. Left handed pitcher working out of the windup with BC's best bunter at the plate, squeeze called, missed, out at plate.

Are you kidding me?  I thought this thing was over.... Can someone fill us in on the plays at home?  Bang-Bang plays I would assume?  There was a 3rd base coach right?  I understand the 4th out at home was a missed bunt......   Hats off to Hicks for hanging in there.... 

I'll take a shot.

BC had runner at 1st and 3rd 1 out. Ball hit to third and the runner went home on contact and was gunned at the plate.

BC had Kellogg on 2nd with 2 outs. Ball hit to LF between SS and 3rd, with Kellogg's speed only perfect throw gets him. Kellog out at plate.

BC has runner at 2nd with 2 outs. Ball hit between 1st and 2nd , only perfect throw gets him. Out at plate.

BC has runner at 3rd 1 out. Left handed pitcher working out of the windup with BC's best bunter at the plate, squeeze called, missed, out at plate.

Twice it was Encalade who singled when the runner was out at the plate.

You know I think the BC Coaching did a good job; but fact is, these two teams had two of the best Outfield sets of distance-arms that you could find.

It was a strategy issue:  SH chose to respect our OFs good accurate arms(especially Kellogg's) and BC Coaching chose to try to get a few errant throws to get a few more folks across the plate and also to third.  Fact was the Out Field for SH just did not break-down and the risk/reward of this-- stretch bases-- strategy did not pan out last night.

BC has good Coaching and should be a factor in tomorrows contest.  Good luck Cardinals on this big task of beating the #1, in two contest.

You know I think the BC Coaching did a good job; but fact is, these two teams had two of the best Outfield sets of distance-arms that you could find.

It was a strategy issue:  SH chose to respect our OFs good accurate arms(especially Kellogg's) and BC Coaching chose to try to get a few errant throws to get a few more folks across the plate and also to third.  Fact was the Out Field for SH just did not break-down and the risk/reward of this-- stretch bases-- strategy did not pan out last night.

BC has good Coaching and should be a factor in tomorrows contest.  Good luck Cardinals on this big task of beating the #1, in two contest.

The only thing I didn't agree on was the squeeze play, just get it down somewhere no need for a squeeze IMO

We can look back at all the calls from Thursday's game and get everyone of them correct a day later. I liked that I saw everyone of the BC kids doing all they could to deliver what the coach asked. Every out at the plate saw hustle and complete effort to avoid the tag. The missed bunt was extremely hard to even reach, high and outside. Again there was no lack of effort to get done what the coach had asked. Hicks goes 10 complete innings with a lot of pitches thrown. He was asked to go in game one and he went as long as was needed.

The Panthers showed good defense work from the opening warm-up drill and all through the game. Offensively they showed ability to hit and hit hard.

These same coaches have been making these same decisions all year and it has BC where they are now, playing for the region semifinal.

In baseball you have to be good and also have some luck. Unfortunately BC didn't get much from luck on Thursday night. They are a good squad and will come back with a purpose on Saturday. As fans and parents we should enjoy the show and support the players and their coaches.

The kids and coaches will get our support, but when you hear of 4 outs being made at home plate and you weren't at the game to see it, you have to ask "What happened?".  Sounds like BC was trusting their speed.  If anyone sounds like we're not supporting them, it may just be a little frustration showing...    Get 'em tomorrow Cards.  We'll be pulling for you....... 

Highly recommend eating at "Cafe Del Rio" in Lufkin...

If I had not been there, I too would wonder how we made 4 outs at home. But because I was there and saw them all up close and personal, odds are more than on your side to score at least one of those runs.  As an earlier poster noted, we were a bit short on luck and when you play good teams, no matter how good you are, you need a little luck.  Luck has a way of evening out and I like our chances tomorrow! 8)

I'll take a shot.

Your first situation described is not a coaching decision.  The kid chose to go on a ball to the corner with corners playing up.

The second and third situations described are "no brainers".  Runner on second with two outs in the playoffs you send him home on a base hit to the outfield.  Good coaching decision IMO.

The squeeze was also a good gutsy call by the coach. (especially with good bunter up and a pitcher that has struck out a bunch on the year)  I wish he would have gotten it down and fair.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder