Lamar football radio?

Guest etbu

I know this is a year and a half away, but does anyone know who is going to be the " Flagship" of Lamar University football? The good old standby, 560 KLVI?  I would like to see Dave Hofferth call the games.

How old is Dave?

I was told by Dave that Lamar will go to the highest bidder. There have been other stations who have inquired about doing Lamar football. Also, Clear Channel is doing some cutbacks and it will depend on how much Lamar charges to broadcast their games if KLVI is even in the mix.

Guest coachacola

KLVI is probably the most powerful station in the area so I would hope Lamar would go with them so they would reach the highest audience, but if there's a higher bidder then Lamar would go with them.

Guest coachacola

They really need to pick a station with some broadcast "range." There are good number of Lamar grads in the Houston area.

I live in the northeast Austin suburbs and some nights I can hear KLVI.  It's weak and it fades in and out, but if I park at the right spot I can hear the station.  I've listened to Coach Roc's show and listened to a few games that way.

97.5 The Ticket!!!!!!

Here is the problem with 97.5. They do not go past Buna to the North. Kirbyville, Jasper, etc will be in the dark......Heck you can't hardly hear it past Deweyville going North on Hwy 87. ( I am glad I have XM in my truck.)

Here is the FCC's service area for KFNC " The Ticket."

This is the hidden content, please

KLVI will get the contract and expect Harold Mann to be heavily involved in the broadcast.

I do not know how Lamar would not give the contract to KLVI. Good call LU.

Trust me, there won't be any "giving" of a contract. What ever radio station that gets the contract, will have earned($$$$) it.  Lamar will go with the highest bidder.

Guest JoesBros

I just dont see anyone else but KLVI getting it. I mean what other station will they go cause everyone around here is owned by either Clear Channel or Cumulus and I doubt Cumulus will pick them cause they are already running the Cowboys games on 101.7 and they were cutting on air talent left and right. I just makes sense that KLVI will get it.

KLVI will get the contract and expect Harold Mann to be heavily involved in the broadcast.

I do not know how Lamar would not give the contract to KLVI. Good call LU.

Trust me, there won't be any "giving" of a contract. What ever radio station that gets the contract, will have earned($$$$) it.  Lamar will go with the highest bidder.

I know there us no "giving" especially in this day of "got to make a dollar."

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder