Friendswood vs Nederland.....3 Game Series UH/Thur 7:30pm..Fri 7:30pm..Sat 2PM

Friendswood wakes up, pounds rival Texas City

By Joshua Buckley

The Daily News

Published May 24, 2009

HOUSTON — Somebody alert the rest of Region III-4A — the Friendswood Mustangs have finally woken up.

"Honestly, I don’t want to sound cocky, but I think we’ve been bored up until now,†Friendswood catcher Austin Fitzpatrick said. “We were being lackadaisical with Texas City because we had already beaten them a few times this season. We felt threatened today though and knew we had to show up if we wanted our season to continue. So we were ready to take care of business.â€

read more >

This is the hidden content, please

Guest BC boy 17

maybe ned. can get rid of some of that boredom

Rest assured, the Dawgs won't be boring at all  ;D

i agree! go get em' Dawgs!

Friendswood Fan, obviously your mother didn't teach you about KARMA!!!!!  Who taught the catcher to do interviews?  Sounds like Friendswood has a T.O on their hands!!!  The Dawgs have earned every win with hard work, dedication, pride & humility, they take NOTHING for granted!!! Robbins & his staff wouldn't have it any other way.  Congrats to the Dawgs thus far!!!! 

Not from friendlesswood, they are the folks with Million Dollar homes, glossy programs, and called us "Bullfrogs". I kind of doubt with all their resources they couldn't get our name right >:(

"Money can't buy em love"  (J. Lennon).....or wins on the diamond  ;D

Yea will see on Thursday. You have to remember who the Region 3 Champs are so show some respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really?  I mean, I could have sworn we are just heading into the Regional Semis. 

Last year was last year, and anything can happen. 

Yea will see on Thursday. You have to remember who the Region 3 Champs are so show some respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respect is earned by the way you play AND the way you act...you are doing much to earn it by these type of comments...most people who go around begging for respect, rarely get it.

My my must have hit a nerve Stang.  Respect is earned not given and all good things must end.  That is Murphy's Law!  Being boastful is a SURE way of getting put in your place, may not be today and then again it may!  ALL GLASS HOUSES BREAK!!  Sure both sides would like to win and both teams have the ability to do so, BUT the one thing the DAWG's have that Friendswood doesn't have is COMMON SENCE!!  Friendswood seems to think they have a  sure win, just because of past history, sounds a little relaxed to me...all the while the DAWG's, are are not ASSUMING a thing!!  Robbins, his staff and the team know exactly what is in stake and are taking NOTHING for granted.  Lot of baseball still to play & doesn't matter what the outcome, sounds like the DAWG's are already winners!!!  My hats of to the DAWG's!!  

first of all ive met the fitzpatrick kid, he is a very humble young man who probably just spoke with emotions..i mean he hit a home run and 2 off the wall? 2nd if your going to complain about football celebrations get over it, it happens after every touchdown in every level of football...also nederland does seem to be having a great season but theres no way you can say friendswood has it coming for them. they are a very powerful group of kids with some stud pitchers...just a lil bit of my 2 cents good luck to both clubs!

first of all ive met the fitzpatrick kid, he is a very humble young man who probably just spoke with emotions..i mean he hit a home run and 2 off the wall? 2nd if your going to complain about football celebrations get over it, it happens after every touchdown in every level of football...also nederland does seem to be having a great season but theres no way you can say friendswood has it coming for them. they are a very powerful group of kids with some stud pitchers...just a lil bit of my 2 cents good luck to both clubs!

Gee, I already feel honored just for having the opportunity to play y'all. We don't have any hitters and our pitching sucks.  ::) We'll try to be competitive.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be. Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.
    • It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
    • @CardinalBacker   Wanted to get your thoughts on how Cohen did as Bragg's star witness..... My Take: The State spent two days acknowledging that Cohen lied all the time but now he has come clean,,,,,,,it took the defense (having same evidence state had), just a few hours to confirm Cohen lied to the current jury a couple days ago......  While I thought initially Trump would be found guilty due to venue, with best case a hung jury, there is now a pretty good chance he will be acquitted...... Thoughts anyone??   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics