New 18 and Under team forming

Hello,

I was just wondering where you are forming this team out of.My daughter is playing with Orange Crush(Jaynes).She has played softball for 12 years,from age 4 till now she is 16.She also plays Varsity at West Brook where she attends school.Anyway I was just wondering,in case things change with her playing with Crush.She has only been with them sense last Fall,her other team disbanned that she had played with the last 3-4 years.

We are forming out of Beaumont. I have a few girls from Port Neches interested and a Nederland Girl. I also know a few other girls that I have not contacted that do not have teams.

We wish you luck.  I know you are a good coach and care for your kids.  Is your dad helping you.  I know you will do good.  Any girl would be lucky to play for you.

We are forming out of Beaumont. I have a few girls from Port Neches interested and a Nederland Girl. I also know a few other girls that I have not contacted that do not have teams.

We wish you luck.  I know you are a good coach and care for your kids.  Is your dad helping you.  I know you will do good.  Any girl would be lucky to play for you.

Thank you. Yes my dad will be helping. I haven't chose my assistant coach but I have a couple that are very interested. I am being very careful on who I choose. I am sooo excited!

New 18 and under fast pitch softball team forming. I do know this is very late but I had several good athletes come to me asking to organize a team. Contact Kristin Botello at (409)549-2087. Thanks.

My daughter is a pitcher possibly looking for a team.  She is 15 but has been pitching 18U for almost 2 years. We are looking for a stable team with excellent, positive coaching.  Are you still looking for pitchers?

New 18 and under fast pitch softball team forming. I do know this is very late but I had several good athletes come to me asking to organize a team. Contact Kristin Botello at (409)549-2087. Thanks.

My daughter is a pitcher possibly looking for a team.  She is 15 but has been pitching 18U for almost 2 years. We are looking for a stable team with excellent, positive coaching.  Are you still looking for pitchers?

You really need to check with Mr.Jaynes.

If you want your daughter to play in college.....you should consider playing 16U first.

If you want your daughter to play in college.....you should consider playing 16U first.

We went from 12U to 18U (long story) and she has done beautifully.  She is 6 feet tall and has always fit in with her teams just fine, never found a 16U team close enough that fit her needs.

Just wanted you to know how important it is to play 16U as a freshman and sophmore.

That is when the recruiters are most active and the larger schools are making their offers.

I don't want to get into a big/long conversation about all of this. I was just trying to help.

The Competition at 18u gold is a level 16u cant give her . She as a freshman will have to play 18 year old girls and it will only help her . Kuhn Rossi and Bodin for Nederland have played up in age for years and it shows every time they take the field agains top level pitching . Both have alot to offer so you have to make the best choice for your child

Guest Sports Reporter

There are a couple of different routes to the same goal and what is neccesarily the "perfect way" for one, will or will not do it for the other player.

Playing 16u can and will get you seen and signed in college but I have a daughter who plays D1 college softball and she skipped 16u and as a sophomore made a Houston area gold team that more than made up for the fact she did not play 16U.

sbfan15, you described your daughters heighth and experience, do not rule out the drive to Houston (the couple of Beaumont area Gold teams could have their roster already set and there are far more opportunities in Houston) if you think your daughter is that good.  People around the country make that long of a drive and more when they have players that really want the next level.

Deep pitching rosters are very common on Gold ball teams and getting on the "right" team now could ensure your daughter's future.

yes i was looking for a team to play on! my name is kaylyn i am 18 and  i played for HJ and was told that you were forming a team! i played summer ball after my first year of high school ball. but never had a chance to get on a team after that! i have played softball since i was 5... i played center field for Hardin-Jefferson this year and any outfield 3 years before that. i also have played 2nd and shortstop before highschool! I have speed! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted you to know how important it is to play 16U as a freshman and sophmore.

That is when the recruiters are most active and the larger schools are making their offers.

I don't want to get into a big/long conversation about all of this. I was just trying to help.

Why would a recuiter look at any 16 u team ?

most 14u teams are as good if not better.

If she's playing 18u don't hold her back

My daughter never played 16U (WELL MAYBE ONE TOURNAMENT) but she ended up playing 18U after her freshman year and Gold after her soph year. Was lucky enough to land on a great team and ended up playing Gold Nationals 3 times. The odds of that are highly unlikely. At that level you will get plenty of exposure, but it is hard to get to that level. That was then. I spoke to a coach the other day that was on the staff on her last summer team (who is now coaching 16U) and I asked him how 16U compared to 18U and he told me That there are more than 4 times the number of coaches at 16U than at 18U. I think that kids are committing so early now that 16U is really important. The point is, is that both approaches work, but more importantly it matters what tournaments you play in, and Colorado is a must.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder