Ozen Coach Verrill Young Heads To Memorial As Co OC

Memorial has two offensive co-ordinators. Anyone want to guess who the other one is?

Kip McFarlane....

Now what kills me, Young is over the passing game, and KM is over the running game.  Wasn't KM an all-state QB for Ned back in '87???

Kip McFarlin (Run Game Coordinator/QB Coach) graduated from nederland in 1989, and played tightend for Texas Tech. I was out to watch practice yesterday and it looked very organized and intense to me. Tony Brown is a great addition for the kids, and the defense was flying around.  I've also heard that were getting Nelson Barnes as a D-Line coach.  He coached at the University of Texas while Harrison was there from 94-96, he also won a national championship as a D-Line coach on Tom Osborne staff at Nebraska in 1997. Harrison is also trying to bring in an  local X-DC to help out on defense. Looks to me like he's surrounding himself with good coaches. Good Luck to Harrison and OUR TITANS .

Kip McFarlin (Run Game Coordinator/QB Coach) graduated from nederland in 1989, and played tightend for Texas Tech. I was out to watch practice yesterday and it looked very organized and intense to me. Tony Brown is a great addition for the kids, and the defense was flying around.  I've also heard that were getting Nelson Barnes as a D-Line coach.  He coached at the University of Texas while Harrison was there from 94-96, he also won a national championship as a D-Line coach on Tom Osborne staff at Nebraska in 1997. Harrison is also trying to bring in an  local X-DC to help out on defense. Looks to me like he's surrounding himself with good coaches. Good Luck to Harrison and OUR TITANS .

Great motivator!!

I agree with you ozensfinest, Boutte is responsible for hiring both Kenny and Verill Young (lol). I applaud PAISD from hiring Boutte, I think he's going to be a great mentor for Kenny. But I persononally know that Brown and Harrison made an agreement back in february 08 with the hopes of Kenny getting the job in the near future. But all that is irrelevant, im just excited about what i saw yesterday. I'm praying that Harrison and the coaches do a great job of motivating and molding our kids into productive young men. See you in PA week two.

lets not give kenny all the credit boutee is responsible for most of these coaches.......

How do you figure that Boutte is responsible for most of these coaches?  Boutte was a basketball coach not football.  He's responsible for one and one only.  Let's give Coach Harrison some credit.  I guess if we do well, it will be because of Boutte, too.  Boutte is doing a good job but believe me, he has a lot of other things to do then hiring football coaches.

lets not give kenny all the credit boutee is responsible for most of these coaches.......

How do you figure that Boutte is responsible for most of these coaches?  Boutte was a basketball coach not football.  He's responsible for one and one only.  Let's give Coach Harrison some credit.  I guess if we do well, it will be because of Boutte, too.  Boutte is doing a good job but believe me, he has a lot of other things to do then hiring football coaches.

Cuz Boutte is the AD.  Hires and fires from K-12.  Anyway, all these hires don't equal wins.  Xbox Kenny will have clock ran on him again when The Woodlands and Da Sho come to town......

Wow SFA, if figured it would kill you that a Ned guy is coaching your team...

I don't hate all Ned players.  Just the clownish fan(atics) on message boards.  Matter of fact, I had an excellent conversation with a cat named Chad Butler(not of UGK but Ned '90) Sunday @Pappadeauxs.  He use to coach, now in private business.  If you know football, people will talk to you....

ummm lets see tony brown last place of employment in setx Ozen......he and boutee had a great relationship while they were there now Verril Young where has he come from ozen....and boutee is a very very intelligent individual so who wouldnt want him as a boss...like i said boutee is doing an excellent job already out there in PA he is responsible for every single coach on that staff and coaches who will be apart of what will be a very good MHS coaching staff(sure will miss him opening up the gym in the summer)

Boutte has something to do with the hiring process, not finding coaches and getting to come coach at Memorial.  That's fine, Boutte can get the credit, but Coach Harrison has organized the program.  Spring ball is going good and the Titans are on their way to bigger and better things!  Just give credit where credit is due, that's all I'm asking.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin