spread offense???

well i know most of the teams that run spread will have a QB that can run expecially. its better to have a running QB if there isnt alot of talent at the recievers. but if there is talent on the outside then a running QB isnt needed

the spread offense is a read scheme. The QB must recognize a opening and attack, quick desisions. The talent of the team determands what your team will do. Of course a good running QB with a good arm is more effective. Recievers must be pretty successful at catching the ball also. A good RB helps to. spreading the defense opens a lot of lanes. It's up to the offense to fine those lanes and attack. I like the spread. But I also like versitility. Teams are geering up more and more to stop the spread. It's a fun offense to watch.

well it depends on What kind of players you have around you.

If you have fast quarterback, but below average receivers your going to concentrate

On your running game more.....

Personally i perfer a Dual threat quarterback , that way that can balance my attack

in running and passing ....

and set up my option pass .....which is a very good play

when excetuted very well.

Navy does run a spread offense.  I chose them and Tech for my examples because they are opposite extremes of the spread "spectrum".

Here is a decent article on the spread:

This is the hidden content, please

The spread can be very effective in the running game at the high school level because by spreading the defense out, you can overcome a lack of size on your offensive line.

The spread can be effective with a very high-intelligent Coach calling the plays. If it is used about 20% of the time to augment conventional hard-nose football: then it is a good tool.

It seems that the 100%er type Coaches just modify their schedules down to finding the weakest teams they can play to keep their win/loss record good enough to get another job when the time comes. ;D

My beef is the poor training for conventional "fire out line football" that big kids in the line never learn in HS; playing for the 100%er spread coaching.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder