friday night lights finale

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent watched it in a while buy yeah i think its a pretty good show

I think its a good show too, but the teen drinking, partying and sex just crosses the line for me.  I'm not a prude, nor do I think it doesn't really go on in real life.  Its just beyond realistic...it doesn't happen as much as the show promotes it.  For that, I don't let my teens watch it.  Pretty sad, there is a good Texas football story in there somewhere...

Guest GB Nelson

I havent watched it in a while buy yeah i think its a pretty good show

I think its a good show too, but the teen drinking, partying and sex just crosses the line for me.  I'm not a prude, nor do I think it doesn't really go on in real life.  Its just beyond realistic...it doesn't happen as much as the show promotes it.  For that, I don't let my teens watch it.  Pretty sad, there is a good Texas football story in there somewhere...

I can see where your coming from i guess its just trying to reach out to all audiences.

Guest ECBucFan

Whew! Here's the deal: I have not missed a SINGLE SECOND of this series since its inception! I love this show! However, most every time I watch it's on VCR tape, since I work a lot of night shifts. So, I just finished it (Easter Sunday night).

I had to really restrain myself from opening this thread. I saw the posts piling up and JUST KNEW something dramatic had happened, and it sure did. What a unique season ending. A shrewd move since the storyline now has multiple directions it can go in. Well done, NBC. Liked the message from Buddy at the beginning, too. Thank you Chevy and Applebee's sponsors.

Final thoughts: Colmesneilfan1 took the words out of my mouth, Lynn Graves was fired by San Augustine AT THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP AWARDS BANQUET! Unbelievable! Shows what can happen if you don't cater to a certain influential people.  And, TexasHSFootball, interviewing? Who might that be?? I would LOVE to interview Tyra!  ;D

FNL rocks!  ;D 

We moved and I don't have local channels yet.  Did Smash make it at the college he went to?  Did Tyra and the cowboy break up? Fill me in a little more than Coach Taylor was sent to another school.  Was he fired or was it a new school in the same district?  Weird.........

Guest ECBucFan

We moved and I don't have local channels yet.  Did Smash make it at the college he went to?  Did Tyra and the cowboy break up? Fill me in a little more than Coach Taylor was sent to another school.  Was he fired or was it a new school in the same district?  Weird.........

Smash: After an impassioned plea by Coach Taylor, He convinced the TX A&M coach to allow an impromptu "workout" vs. the A&M 2nd string. Smash ran wild, got the spot, and before he left to go away thanked Coach Taylor at his doorstep for all he did for him.

Tyra: The drug addict Cowboy acted real bad against Tyra, basically kidnapped her in a Dallas hotel room. Coach T and wife got a late evening phone call from Tyra, and made the 2 hr drive to Dallas rescue her from Cash. Cash is gone.

Coach Taylor: Got knifed in the back (figuratively speaking) by Mr. McCoy. McCoy used his financial influence to sway the Dillon school board to promote his sons private QB coach (and Dillon asst.) to head coach. Reeeeal dirty Pool. Taylor was reassigned to "Dillion East" and its dump of a stadium. Taylor is starting from scratch...     

Hope this synopsis helps!  FNL!  ;D   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder