Hop on the Bandwagon

Friendswood stomped Foster 6-1 tonight.  ;D  Now that it's down to the Regional Final 4, and your local teams are done, it's time for SETX to adopt the Lady Mustangs.  ;) 

So, everyone don something royal blue, bring a sign that says FriendswoodFan told me to be here, and show up in Humble on Friday to cheer the Lady Musytangs on to victory!  As an added bonus, I'll be signing autographs at halftime!  ;D

The bottom line folks is that running up a 14-0 score is classless.  Most teams that are any good have a rule to not obtain a double digit lead -- the one FHS win by a 10-0 score was, as I recall the result of an own goal when the score was 9-0 already.  My personal view is that the FHS coach shoud shut it down after a 6 goal lead (except if we ever play Lumberton).  And, there is a big difference between even 10-0 and 14-0.

As for calling the Lumberton girls slow-footed and stout, I have watched them play and slow-footed is an entirely accurate description.  I'm sorry if that hurts, but once (or if) you see teams from outside SE Texas, you will understand.  And, stout actually means strong but arrogant -- which aptly descibes any team that would put up 14 goals against a weak sister like Central!  As for those of you who jumped to the conclusion that I meant chubby or thick, I leave it to you to explain why you would assume such a thing, but don't you dare hang on me your aparently unspoken views about the fitness of the Lumberton players!

You say all these negative and ugly things about our coach, girls, and school, then have the audacity to ask us to pull for Friendswood in the playoffs.  You have no shame FWF.  Midway all the way.

I know who Midway is playing.

I was interjecting that I will pull for Midway through out the region 3 playoffs and not Friendswood. 

With Friendswood and Midway's enrollments of both over 1900 students, yall should play for the region title.

Its ok Rebel.  None of these top teams started out that way.  Yes, they earned it.  Lumberton will continue to grow and get better while people like this sit on top boasting of their success probably having no hand in it. 

My vote goes to Waco this year.  I dont think FF will be singing about a 4th Regional Championship.  It will be a very good game to watch.

The bottom line folks is that running up a 14-0 score is classless.  Most teams that are any good have a rule to not obtain a double digit lead -- the one FHS win by a 10-0 score was, as I recall the result of an own goal when the score was 9-0 already.  My personal view is that the FHS coach shoud shut it down after a 6 goal lead (except if we ever play Lumberton).  And, there is a big difference between even 10-0 and 14-0.

As for calling the Lumberton girls slow-footed and stout, I have watched them play and slow-footed is an entirely accurate description.  I'm sorry if that hurts, but once (or if) you see teams from outside SE Texas, you will understand.  And, stout actually means strong but arrogant -- which aptly descibes any team that would put up 14 goals against a weak sister like Central!  As for those of you who jumped to the conclusion that I meant chubby or thick, I leave it to you to explain why you would assume such a thing, but don't you dare hang on me your aparently unspoken views about the fitness of the Lumberton players!

You say all these negative and ugly things about our coach, girls, and school, then have the audacity to ask us to pull for Friendswood in the playoffs.  You have no shame FWF.  Midway all the way.

Rebel, you might want to look at the posted article on the Lady Raiders, you seem to be the only one who thinks these girls are slow footed, because according to the Waco coach he thought they were pretty fast. His plan was to wear the raiders down with subs from a larger team, a plan that worked and has worked for him all along. Hope Friendswood has a large team if you guys want to hang with them.

OldTimer, FYI, Waco Midway's coach has for many years employed the tactic of making mass substitutions frequently throughout the game.  We saw it first hand in the 2006 Region III Championship game when the faster and more talented Lady Mustangs defeated Midway to advance to the State Tournament.  Although the FHS bench is always stocked with talented D1 players, the FHS coach typically does not make many substitutions during playoff games.  The starters play.

I do expect FHS and Midway to advance to the championship game, and I expect a close fought game in the Final.  FYI, FHS is 6-0 in Regional Championship games.  Food for thought.

Guest Newbie

Congrats on beating Santa Fe for the third time this season.  I see another regional championship in the horizon for the Lady Mustangs.  Unfortunately, I don't see a State championship as I don't see y'all beating JJ Pearce or Wichita Falls Rider.   What I would love to see is a Friendswood-Clear Lake match.  A nice game between neighbors.  Of course I'll be rooting for the Lady Falcons, my niece plays for them.  Good luck on your next game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline