COACHES!!!!

Nos, stop arguing the point! The guy plays football and coaches basketball..It happens! He's done well..AND he's from HJ.... ::)..Geez! I wish we could have played you guys in 91... or 92! Man I wish Charlie B wasn't scared to play Houston schools back then........ ::) ::) I would have enjoyed beating the brakes off of HJ back then! Thoroughly enjoyed it! 8)....We pounded Lincoln (since they were not afraid to play up) so it would have gotten really ugly for you guys!!! ;)

Just because he played football, why does that make him a football guy?

Typical, change the subject to gain some self pride.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

Nos, stop arguing the point! The guy plays football and coaches basketball..It happens! He's done well..AND he's from HJ.... ::)..Geez! I wish we could have played you guys in 91... or 92! Man I wish Charlie B wasn't scared to play Houston schools back then........ ::) ::) I would have enjoyed beating the brakes off of HJ back then! Thoroughly enjoyed it! 8)....We pounded Lincoln (since they were not afraid to play up) so it would have gotten really ugly for you guys!!! ;)

No change the subject because some of you will argue until next month about the same topic...its over..you have your thought, and I have mine..move on....THATS what I was doing....Self pride? please..... ::) ::) Its dumb to go round and round about something that no one's mind will be changed over.....Us beating HJ by about 40 when I played....That would have happened if they were willing to play up back then.....(cricket noises).. :D

No change the subject because some of you will argue until next month about the same topic...its over..you have your thought, and I have mine..move on....THATS what I was doing....Self pride? please..... ::) ::) Its dumb to go round and round about something that no one's mind will be changed over.....Us beating HJ by about 40 when I played....That would have happened if they were willing to play up back then.....(cricket noises).. :D

No, what's dumb is you changing the subject to something that has nothing to do with this thread. You were losing the argument, now you want to take your ball and go home.

Guest nostradamus
Will Ferrell played SEMI PRO basketball.......does that mean he is not a "true actor"?

And I was making a joke in reference to the movie SEMI PRO but, apparently, only no-look caught my humor.....I was not arguing the point any longer.....trying to make light of the situation......you would think a "real basketball guy" would have seen the movie SEMI PRO

Guest DickVitale

I have started watching that movie twice, and did not get far either time....Gotta check it out..As far as you guys playing Westbrook goes, all they had was Luke and Aljay that year..They were OK, but when they got to the playoffs, they came to Houston (UH's Hofeinz Pavillion) and was sent back down I-10 with an L! :D....Did you guys play Lincoln that year? or in 92? What were you guys like 31-4 or something like that?

Guest nostradamus

We played Lincoln in '92.......lost at the bee hive by 3......missed a 3 at the buzzer to tie.......they had some gigantic 6'5" post with a nickname like "Zeus" or something.....37-1 in '91 and 35-2 in '92

Guest stevenash

Hmmmm- who was that great orator who recently expounded on this board "woulda, coulda, shoulda"?

Guest stevenash

For Aggies are We:  In case you are not aware, Nos is a monster off the tee.  He doesnt always know where its going, but when it is in the fairway, even Spinks and Lazeek are envious.  Saw him win the long drive contest(during a tournament)  a couple of years ago at the Beaumont Country Club and the defending champion was some  former baseball star for the Astros.  Nos dispatched him with relative ease.

Guest DickVitale

We played Lincoln in '92.......lost at the bee hive by 3......missed a 3 at the buzzer to tie.......they had some gigantic 6'5" post with a nickname like "Zeus" or something.....37-1 in '91 and 35-2 in '92

That had to be Glen Harris, or the other guy #44 cant think of his name but he had a FULL MUSTACHE in 1992!! :D....In 92 we beat them by 22 at Lincoln...Boutte tried to slow the tempo, but ultimately had to play straight up, and thats when we ripped them a new one....It was fun playing in the bee hive though! Those were the days! Who knocked you guys out in 92?

Ask West Brook and Luke Jackson how things turned out when we played them in '91......

Im a witness to that..Luke Jackson was over at my house Superbowl Sunday and i called you Nos, Luke tried to deny it at first then he admitted to it later...He said them W boyz can shoot..lol

Guest nostradamus

Lost to Groesbeck in the Regional Finals 121-93.

They were 18-0 going into that game as they were the 3A state champions in football.  Had a guy by the name of Lanoy Jones who went on to the NFL.  Front lines was 6'5", 6'5", 6'7" and two cat quick guards.  Their guards combined for 6 3's that day.  That was the difference.....they hadn't hit any in the previous games we had seen...we were content to let them shoot it and they did.  They lost to Stafford in the state finals and we had beaten Stafford the year before by 45.

Guest nostradamus
Im a witness to that..Luke Jackson was over at my house Superbowl Sunday and i called you Nos, Luke tried to deny it at first then he admitted to it later...He said them W boyz can shoot..lol

ALWAYS be aware of "the white boy in the corner"

They were 18-0 going into that game as they were the 3A state champions in football.  Had a guy by the name of Lanoy Jones who went on to the NFL.  Front lines was 6'5", 6'5", 6'7" and two cat quick guards.  Their guards combined for 6 3's that day.  That was the difference.....they hadn't hit any in the previous games we had seen...we were content to let them shoot it and they did.  They lost to Stafford in the state finals and we had beaten Stafford the year before by 45.

Imagine that, a "football" team beat a basketball team. Go figure. DV, don't you find it amazing that this "football" team scored 121 points?

Oh and look, the "beaten the team by 45" rears it's ugly head again. I know what that's about. :'(

Imagine that, a "football" team beat a basketball team. Go figure. DV, don't you find it amazing that this "football" team scored 121 points?

Oh and look, the "beaten the team by 45" rears it's ugly head again. I know what that's about. :'(

Ouch!

Guest nostradamus

J,

no sir........I still have the career mark for 3's though Jarvis maybe very close.  Jarvis made 114 3's this year in 44 games........I made 121 in 37 games......BUT.......Jarvis can get to the rack just a little better than I could ;)........and is slightly more athletic than I am (in my deepest dreams!!) ;D

However, a guy by the name of Jayme Bradley who played for me at Tatum got us all beat.  He made 171 his senior year at Tatum and 142 his junior year at Tatum and made 93 his sophomore year for me at Tatum.  He could flat out light it up and is #2 all time nationally for 3's made in a season.......you see.........I rub off on the younger generations!!!! ;D

I thought u held some kind of state or national record for 3's??? Believe it or not yall Nos can D U N K!! I swear, he use to do if for us in practice...dude wouldnt stretch or nuthn just run up to the rim and throw it down with 2 hands...Amazing for a shooter

Guest stevenash

J,

no sir........I still have the career mark for 3's though Jarvis maybe very close.  Jarvis made 114 3's this year in 44 games........I made 121 in 37 games......BUT.......Jarvis can get to the rack just a little better than I could ;)........and is slightly more athletic than I am (in my deepest dreams!!) ;D

However, a guy by the name of Jayme Bradley who played for me at Tatum got us all beat.  He made 171 his senior year at Tatum and 142 his junior year at Tatum and made 93 his sophomore year for me at Tatum.  He could flat out light it up and is #2 all time nationally for 3's made in a season.......you see.........I rub off on the younger generations!!!! ;D

Nos, I know about Bradley and saw him play a few times.  What you MUST remember, though, is his "unconventional" shot  disqualifies him from being a shooter.

Guest DickVitale

J,

Nos, I know about Bradley and saw him play a few times.  What you MUST remember, though, is his "unconventional" shot  disqualifies him from being a shooter.

Hey Nash, did you ever play? Serious question.

Guest stevenash

J,

Hey Nash, did you ever play? Serious question.

ahhh,  HELLOOOOOOOOOO?  Ever hear of Santa Clara?

Now for the serious answer to the serious question.  Was on a small college team but the only thing I did well was keep the bench warm.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami