*Lumberton vs. Nederland Game Thread..Lumberton Wins!!!!!!!!!*

Guest setxgal

Congrats to the lady raiders. They won 2 to 1.Good Luck in the next round...make us proud representing  our area!

The dogs fought hard the 2nd half but couldn't score.

Congrats on a great season dogs. You made us very proud. Thanks to our seniors !!!We will miss you....you were great!!

Post scores here

GREAT JOB LADY RAIDERS!!!!! What a great group of girls! Good try for the lady dogs.  I'm glad I got to see the raiders go farther than ever.  Cant wait to give waco midway a run for their money!!!!!  :o

The Lumberton lady raiders will not stand a chance against Waco Midway.

But congrats on the win and for a great season.

Post scores here

GREAT JOB LADY RAIDERS!!!!! What a great group of girls! Good try for the lady dogs.  I'm glad I got to see the raiders go farther than ever.  Cant wait to give waco midway a run for their money!!!!!  :o

The Lumberton lady raiders will not stand a chance against Waco Midway.

But congrats on the win and for a great season.

never underestimate. lady raiders all the way babyyy!

Congrats to both teams for representing the Golden Triangle with dignity and class.  It was a good, hard fought game that could have gone either way.  Regardless of what else happens, the triangle represented their area well in region 3.

After Lumberton put in the 2nd goal, Nederland pounded out a number of opportunites...kept fighting...just could not put it in...

So proud of Nederland's two playoff victories....they hadn't won in the playoffs since '05. Great season....best of luck to the Raiders.

And, the GCM vs. FHS game was not close.  Read the article in the Baytown Sun (GCM's local paper) if you do not believe me.  They describe the "relentless Lady Mustang attack," note that GCM could manage "only one half-hearted shot on goal the entire match (on a free kick from 35 yards out)," and point out that GCM managed to get the ball across midfield only twice in the 2nd half.  They also heap deserving praise on GCM's keeper for stopping so many shots, crosses, etc.

So, if that's what you consider to be close, then I now understand why your teams....you know. 

It all comes down to the club programs influence on high school soccer.  The better high school teams have higher quality club programs in their area,  that feeds into high schools.  If your lucky enouph for the high school coaches to be knowledgeable and keep them pointed the rite direction then those programs excel even more.  Friendswood girls I am sure get quality training and then play quality games throughout the year. As does Kingwood Klein Katy schools.  Same goes for boys and their high school situations.  Until the local teams can mount a quality attack distributing the ball and possessing the ball.  We locally will always struggle to win againt the states top programs.  Those are usually being tops by the clubs that feed them.  Locally when our teams were going deep into the playoffs it was due to all our high schools around here had kids playing club and then going  into high school together and being able to carry their teams  deep.  No doubt the Lumberton girls can pull off another win with some great defending and a goal.  But good possessing soccer,  and good quality defending can only be taught playing quality teams game after game.j  Unlucky as it is around here the quality of club soccer has completely taken a dump and the local teams need to push their players to play club locally.  Even if it is Div 2 at least they are playing together.  Friendswood has established their tradition and now girls want to be part of it.  And so the cycle is in place.  Look at Brenham,  Klein and again all the fore mentioned areas.  Sure a surprise team will come along and pull a big time upset but few and far between.  I know at Kelly I am pushing for the kids to play club together ,  even local, and Nederland will have a club team.  Hopefully Vidor West Brook, PNG and others will follow.  It can only help the local schools go further.  I think I should start a new topic on this subject if someone else doenst do it before me.  Good luck Lady Raiders

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder