‘Dogs begin spring football today

I have to say that us PNG fans should be very carfeful in our predictions for next season. Way too many unknowns at this point. The only thing we know now is that the preparation for the oppossing defense will be much more difficult than in the past and this we like, but to assume right off the bat that it will result in big wins over quality teams like Nederland, Central or Lumberton (never thought I would use "Quality Team" and Lumberton together  ;D) would be a mistake right now. We have many reasons to be optimistic with the changes made thus far, but lets not get too far ahead.

If I missed it, when will Nederland play the Spring game?

A good intelligent post. You get an attaboy for that.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes one of the best QBs but as we proved year before last if you hammer him and get him outta synch his accuracy goes out the window, the question is will we have a "D" that is as good as that years "D" was??, and as we have heard from people at MOJO his schemes are hard to scout so yeah you may have a couple of films but will they do you any good??? :P

I am hearing he may be lining up wide of tackles instead of under center this year?? I guess Spring practice will not indicate this since he is in baseball (which is where he will make his money) right now.

But if he is at QB, he ain't a young pup anymore!

You are right penny,we put pressure on him and it was the difference in our win against Ned his soph. year. But he looked much more mature last year and unless you got a real good one to replace him next year, ya'll would be crazy to put him as a wide out.

Guest Penny

NewI... I can't help but look at that picture everytime you post.  Trust me, the stable is FULL in Nederland.  May want to worry about something else.

Guest Penny

Brady, Schlett, Salenga, Sonnier... these are just the ones I can name, may/may not be an Asa in that group, but the volume of talent is why Nederland went to the spread.  Neumann didn't go to the spread with a question of who was coming through his program.  Guy knows a thing or two about making the best dinner with the groceries he's got.

What is every one's opinion why Neumann's doing something (spring training) that he's never done before.  Just curious.

By Tom Halliburton

The Port Arthur News

NEDERLAND -- It's called Nederland spring football training and it's a completely new concept as of this morning.

The Bulldogs never have donned the pads and helmets and truly conducted an organized spring football practice before today. How organized will today's first-ever practice be? That remains to be seen.

read more > 

This is the hidden content, please

What is every one's opinion why Neumann's doing something (spring training) that he's never done before.  Just curious.

By Tom Halliburton

The Port Arthur News

NEDERLAND -- It's called Nederland spring football training and it's a completely new concept as of this morning.

The Bulldogs never have donned the pads and helmets and truly conducted an organized spring football practice before today. How organized will today's first-ever practice be? That remains to be seen.

read more > 

Hmmmmm.....I think "WE" know the reason.......LOL !

PNG..........Honor............Pride............Tradition................"Priceless!"

Ouch!

By Tom Halliburton

The Port Arthur News

read more > 

Hmmmmm.....I think "WE" know the reason.......LOL !

PNG..........Honor............Pride............Tradition................"Priceless!"

Guest Brubaker

Smitty, can you read BRO, been posted several times on this thread and quoted from Neumann himself, that Nederland has SERIOUS talent in the freshman/soph class and the boss wants to see them.  There are no positions earned, until individuals earn em.  It's very simple, Nederland has NEVER had this many young kids who could compete for a starting job at the varsity level.  Neumann wants an early look, kind of like opening your presents on Christmas Eve, but hey, you PNG boys continue the dilusion, be our guest.

Hey, Bro, can you read?  I was looking for personal opinions.  Is this yours or you regurgitating the talking points? 

But, hey it's easy to say he's NEVER had this many young ones in all his years there.  Plus, he's NEVER had serious talent BEFORE in the lower classes?  Come on Bro, even someone that drinks the kool-aid can't totally believe that!

Smitty, can you read BRO, been posted several times on this thread and quoted from Neumann himself, that Nederland has SERIOUS talent in the freshman/soph class and the boss wants to see them.  There are no positions earned, until individuals earn em.  It's very simple, Nederland has NEVER had this many young kids who could compete for a starting job at the varsity level.  Neumann wants an early look, kind of like opening your presents on Christmas Eve, but hey, you PNG boys continue the dilusion, be our guest.

LOL Warrior...do tell!   Please share with us what "WE"  know!!   ;)

Awww...Yank.....just messin!  Got it keep it interesting!  ;D  However, really glad to see PNG and Nederland in Spring Training....just sets us a better MCM!

Yesireeee...it's gonna be a GREAT one this year!!!  Looking forward to visiting the new Reservation...Any idea if the concession stands are gonna have an updated menu??  I'm always looking forward to good eats at a game!!  ;D

LOL Warrior...do tell!   Please share with us what "WE"  know!!   ;)

Awww...Yank.....just messin!  Got it keep it interesting!  ;D  However, really glad to see PNG and Nederland in Spring Training....just sets us a better MCM!

Yesireeee...it's gonna be a GREAT one this year!!!  Looking forward to visiting the new Reservation...Any idea if the concession stands are gonna have an updated menu??  I'm always looking forward to good eats at a game!!   ;D

From the couple of games we played there last year, the menu was GREAT!  A lot of new eats.....and, its a truly BEAUTIFUL stadium.....you'll like it!

Guest Penny

Talking points?  We've been "TALKING" about this for a couple of years.  As bad as the economy is, it costs you nothing to PAY attention.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami