What team had the most disappointing season?

What team had the most disappointing season?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What team had the most disappointing season?

• Big Sandy
    • Woodville
    • Cleveland
    • Orangefield
    • Ozen
    • other (post team)

Since the season is over, i thought we could look back on what happened this year.  Who's season was most disappointing?  In other words, what team didnt live up to their expectations this season.  I looked at all the teams in SE Texas, and this was the best list i could think of.  All 5 teams i listed are disappointed for different reasons.  Big Sandy had most of their players back from their state finalist team of last year.  This year they ended up getting beat in the first round of the playoffs.  Woodville was thought of to be a playoff team and they ended up getting beat out by Shelbyville for 3rd this year.  Cleveland was considered one of the region 3 favorites and ended up losing in the 2nd round and not even making the regional tournament.  Orangefield had expectations of making the playoffs again this year, but played too inconsistent this year, and blew a 15 pt 2nd half lead in the playoff game to WOS.  Ozen who is usually ranked high year in and year out didnt make it to the regional tournament this year.  I left off Silsbee because they made it to the regional tournament which is farther than any of these teams and making the regional tournament is a big accomplishment even if you think you may be a state bound team.  I may have left off someone i wasnt thinking of though.  Who do you think had the most disappointing season?  Try not to be a homer.

I don't know enough about Woodville and Big Sandy to gauge their disappointment.  Cleveland can't be too disappointed with their young team-- they'll be state contenders the next two seasons.  So it's hard to pick between Ozen and Orangefield.  Ozen sort of fell apart this year.  Losing Boutte had to be a great disappointment to long-term Panther fans.  The loss of discipline, the off-court distractions, and early departure from the playoffs had to add up to some disappointment in and for Ozen.  Most disappointing team season goes to OF.  They had the talent to make the playoffs, and didn't, and now have to wonder if they ever will.

You can't put Cleveland in there...way too young. Now the expectations will be high for them next season. And Orangefield...they just ran into a scrappy bunch of Mustangs ;D. They will be really good next year with Hayes, Granger and Evans. Most disappointing would have to be Central. I thought that they could have gone farther with what they had. They just played too inconsistent.

Guest spinks

Silsbee

Not hating on Silsbee but I would agree.  This group was talented enough to win it all and in fact I would put them up against Dallas Madison in a 10 game series and think they would split.  Silsbee had a bad night on the wrong night unfortunately that can make a great season bad.

I understand why you left off Silsbee. Getting to the regional tourney is a great accomplishment. But, this Silsbee team had bigger aspirations and I agree with spinks, was talented enough and good enough to win a state championship this year.

Disappointing season for the Tigers, particularly losing in the regional semis to a team you defeated earlier in the season by 45. ;)

Guest aschrapps

Kelly....After beating Ozen Kelly was so off and on. Then in the playoffs they had an 18 point lead and blew it because of selfishness and trying to fight each other. Literally two players trying to fight each other.

Central!  4 returning starters.  One of the best players in the area and the best freshman in the area.  Also, they had a one of the tallest kids in the area but he never developed.  First round exit!

Subpar season.

I certainly can agree with this choice. Central was disappointing to me. I really thought they had a shot at upsetting Ozen this year.

Guest spinks

Silsbee? Come on...Disheartening yes.

(no particular order)

Orangefield, West Brook, Kelly, Central, Barbers Hill

You are right coop.........it was more disheartining than it was dissapointing.  Hard to have a dissapointing season in the regional final.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83