HJ HAWKS ARE STATEBOUND!!!

Just no real interest anymore. The season was cut short, so I let it be that. It's a shame to see such a great team go down like that. Congrats to HJ, but I sure would've liked ya'll to go through Silsbee to get there.

Excuse me but when you speak of the "great team" shouldn't that be the one that advanced?  I sense the inference here is that the "great team" lost to a "mediocre (and lucky) team who then, by virtue of the inferred luck, "gave" the chance to advance to a lesser than "great team".  If that is true, then did the same thing happen in the regional final last year to the team, who a few games before, beat the "lucky" team by a substantial margin(at the Montagne Center) only to lose to the "lucky" team in the final?    HMMMMMMMMMM   can't remember anyone postulating that theory at that time.

You're just too anxious to pin me down.  I said, "A great team."  I, by no means, believe Jasper and HJ aren't deserving because, well, they flat ot earned it.  However, I do believe the best team is at home now due to their inconsistent play. 

Guest stevenash

Just no real interest anymore. The season was cut short, so I let it be that. It's a shame to see such a great team go down like that. Congrats to HJ, but I sure would've liked ya'll to go through Silsbee to get there.

Excuse me but when you speak of the "great team" shouldn't that be the one that advanced?  I sense the inference here is that the "great team" lost to a "mediocre (and lucky) team who then, by virtue of the inferred luck, "gave" the chance to advance to a lesser than "great team".  If that is true, then did the same thing happen in the regional final last year to the team, who a few games before, beat the "lucky" team by a substantial margin(at the Montagne Center) only to lose to the "lucky" team in the final?    HMMMMMMMMMM   can't remember anyone postulating that theory at that time.

You're just too anxious to pin me down.  I said, "A great team."  I, by no means, believe Jasper and HJ aren't deserving because, well, they flat ot earned it.  However, I do believe the best team is at home now due to their inconsistent play. 

Ok- I understand your point but wouldn't the best team have, within its characteristics, the most consistency?

Would your conclusion then also mean that last year the best team also stayed home?

Guest stevenash

Here is a very "novel" thought for those seeking to "disprove" the authenticity of the HJ Regional Championship.

1.  Congratulations Silsbee for winning the 2008 Regional Tourney in spite of losing 2 of three pre tournament

contests to your arch-rival Hardin Jefferson.  You proved you were the better team at the time it mattered

most.

2.  Congratulations HJ for winning the 2009 Regional Tourney in spite of losing 2 of three pre tournament contests

to your arch-rival Silsbee.  You proved you were the better team at the time it mattered most.

Could someone please let me know if there is a lack of logic in those two statements because it seems reasonably compelling to me.

That's funny, I haven't seen anybody try to disprove HJ's regional championship. If you are suggesting that McLovin's post is trying to disprove HJ, you are reaching.

Oh, and the two statements that you have made are very logical.

Just a jab at McLovin regarding another post several weeks ago (not related to any of this) about his methods of "disproving" things.

Here is a very "novel" thought for those seeking to "disprove" the authenticity of the HJ Regional Championship.

1.  Congratulations Silsbee for winning the 2008 Regional Tourney in spite of losing 2 of three pre tournament

contests to your arch-rival Hardin Jefferson.  You proved you were the better team at the time it mattered

most.

2.  Congratulations HJ for winning the 2009 Regional Tourney in spite of losing 2 of three pre tournament contests

to your arch-rival Silsbee.  You proved you were the better team at the time it mattered most.

Could someone please let me know if there is a lack of logic in those two statements because it seems reasonably compelling to me.

That's funny, I haven't seen anybody try to disprove HJ's regional championship. If you are suggesting that McLovin's post is trying to disprove HJ, you are reaching.

Oh, and the two statements that you have made are very logical.

Just a jab at McLovin regarding another post several weeks ago (not related to any of this) about his methods of "disproving" things.

Oh, gotcha. My bad, I'll stay out.

Ok- I understand your point but wouldn't the best team have, within its characteristics, the most consistency?

Would your conclusion then also mean that last year the best team also stayed home?

The best in this context are the ones with the most potential, but that's nothing if you don't play. I just don't like the fact that Jasper put Silsbee out.  I would've been satisfied if it were HJ, and had it been HJ you could make that connection, but you can't now.  Despite how you feel about last year, the best team did win state.

The disapproving of HJ has once again begun.  It happened two years ago......"3A was weak in 2007"!!!!  Look at the Final Four this year in 3A......#1, #2, #5 and #11.........no other classification has 4 teams that are that highly ranked.  Also HJ knocked out the #7, #8, #20 and the team that knocked out the #9 ranked team in the State!!!!!!  Region 3 was loaded and Hj survived it all!!!!!  Now they get to face the #2 ranked team in the state and a team that this year was their first year in 3A after dropping from 4A and making it to the Regional Tournament the last two seasons in 4A!!!!!!  If they are fortunate to get by them then they get to play the #1 or #5 ranked team in the state.  So if they do win it all it will likely be the toughest stretch of 7 games possibly ever in the playoffs knocking off the #1, #2, #5, #7, #8, #20 and the team that beat the #9 team!!!!!!  Based on what I have heard is that Estacado is going to be very good and the Hawks will be a significant underdog.  Hawks have been a underdog all season in the eyes of many hoop fans.......they have over come it and they can over come it again!!!!!!!

Guest stevenash

The best in this context are the ones with the most potential, but that's nothing if you don't play. I just don't like the fact that Jasper put Silsbee out.  I would've been satisfied if it were HJ, and had it been HJ you could make that connection, but you can't now.  Despite how you feel about last year, the best team did win state.

I am confident the best team won state, regionals, etc.etc. etc. both this year and last.

If Silsbee had won against Jasper and then beat HJ then Silsbee would have been the best team in the Silsbee people's eyes, but since Jasper beat Silsbee and then HJ beat Jasper the Silsbee people feel the best team did not win Regionals!!!!! 

*****Please note that this is not directed at all Silsbee people.  Some people realize that HJ earned it and that the best team won Regionals!!!!!

If Silsbee had won against Jasper and then beat HJ then Silsbee would have been the best team in the Silsbee people's eyes, but since Jasper beat Silsbee and then HJ beat Jasper the Silsbee people feel the best team did not win Regionals!!!!! 

*****Please note that this is not directed at all Silsbee people.  Some people realize that HJ earned it and that the best team won Regionals!!!!!

Now KP, I remember you making a post last year stating you thought the better team lost in the regional finals. I hate to call you out on it, but here it is:

Kenny Powers

SETXsports Moderator

Senior

[applaud] [smite]

If at first you don't succeed then you just suck!!

Re: *HJ vs. Silsbee Regional Championship/SILSBEE ADVANCES TO AUSTIN!!!!!

« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2008, 02:55:55 PM » Quote Modify Remove Split Topic 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best of luck to Silsbee at State!!!!!!!!  You guys played the best on the day that it mattered the most.  Represent SE Texas and 21-3A well!!!!  Being a Hawk and all I still think that the better team is sitting at home.  Silsbee came out with energy, built a big lead, fell behind and then it seemed as though the Tigers are the ones that wanted it more.  It seemed that HJ felt like they had been there (State) and won before and that it was no big deal.  I was disappointed that the Hawks showed no real emotion during the game.  The Tigers were every where in the 4th quarter.  HJ shooting less than 50% from the line was the main reason that they are sitting at home.  Hawks had a great season losing to just a few great teams.   Go get em Tigers!!!!!!!! 

Report to moderator    69.154.199.63 (?) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HARDIN-JEFFERSON HIGH FLYING HAWKS

3-TIME STATE CHAMPIONS 1967, 1991 and 2007

7-TIME REGIONAL CHAMPIONS

12-TIME AREA CHAMPIONS

15-TIME BI-DISTRICT CHAMPIONS

24-TIME DISTRICT CHAMPIONS

TIM TEBOW 2007 HEISMAN WINNER AND 2 TIME BCS CHAMP!!!!

You can't have it both ways. ;) ;D Now I still stick by what I posted earlier, I believe the Hawks deserved to be regional champs, they earned it. But, just like you thought last year about your team, I believe the Tigers are the better team this year.

No disrespect to HJ, but I am one of those people.

I could see how anyone from Silsbee feels this way, hell I felt that way last year. after winning two of three matchups, It doesn't bother me that anyone feels Thai way at all, I just want to take care of business now.

Silsbee and HJ will always be a rivalry for many years to come, we enjoy the competition with our neighbors to the north.

It is just different when it is HJ!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D  That was just frustration last year after losing!!! ::) ::) ::)

I grouped you AAW in the Silsbee people who realized that HJ was the better team!!!!! ;D ;D ;D  That is right, huh???

Actually I said to you on many occasions that I thought that Silsbee was the better team all year........but it is HJ going to state for a 7th time!!!! 

********BTW....someone stated a few weeks ago or maybe even a month ago that since Silsbee dropped from 4A to 3A that they were tied with HJ for Regional Championships at 1.......NOT ANY MORE!!!!  Also they said that Silsbee was the one that had been to the Regional Final 3 years in a row.......NOT ANY MORE!!!!  Now HJ has been to state twice in the last three years.  All of this while Silsbee was in 3A....huh, go figure!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Guest tigersvoice

It is just different when it is HJ!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D  That was just frustration last year after losing!!! ::) ::) ::)

I grouped you AAW in the Silsbee people who realized that HJ was the better team!!!!! ;D ;D ;D   That is right, huh???

Actually I said to you on many occasions that I thought that Silsbee was the better team all year........but it is HJ going to state for a 7th time!!!! 

********BTW....someone stated a few weeks ago or maybe even a month ago that since Silsbee dropped from 4A to 3A that they were tied with HJ for Regional Championships at 1.......NOT ANY MORE!!!!  Also they said that Silsbee was the one that had been to the Regional Final 3 years in a row.......NOT ANY MORE!!!!  Now HJ has been to state twice in the last three years.  All of this while Silsbee was in 3A....huh, go figure!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

You know, this is really ugly stuff.  Why is H-J spending an iota of energy arguing with Silsbee.  Silsbee did themselves in by thinking a win by 40+ in the early season would send Jasper into a swoon for the second meeting.  Just not the case.  Jasper came into this game with something to prove to Silsbee - and they did.

If ever there is evidence that you play the game in the present -

not the past, and not the future - this is it.  Go to the state tourney Hawks and play your very best.  Don't look back and feel

that you need to defend how you got there - you don't.  You earned

it.  Now close it down with the arguments and go play state

tournament basketball.

I grouped you AAW in the Silsbee people who realized that HJ was the better team!!!!! ;D ;D ;D   That is right, huh???

First of all, you are correct in putting me into the group that acknowledges that HJ is the better team over Jasper. ;) ;D  

Secondly, yes you have stated that Silsbee was the better team all year. But sometimes, and to use your quote, "the better team stayed at home". ;D

Lastly, you are correct in the fact that HJ now has 2 regional titles while Silsbee has been 3A. But I do not know where you heard that Silsbee has been to 3 straight regional finals, because that is not true. Silsbee has made 4 regional tourneys in the 5 years they have been 3A, with 3 of those years making it to the regional finals, '05, '07, 0

'08. They have not been to the finals three straight years.

I was just trying to show that you were being two-faced about this particular subject. You thought it was okay to state that HJ was the better team last year, even though they lost, but you don't think it's right for Silsbee fans to think that way about their team this year.

Bottom line though, there is no argueing facts. HJ is regional champs and is going to Austin. That's all that matters.

You know, this is really ugly stuff.  Why is H-J spending an iota of energy arguing with Silsbee.  Silsbee did themselves in by thinking a win by 40+ in the early season would send Jasper into a swoon for the second meeting.  Just not the case.  Jasper came into this game with something to prove to Silsbee - and they did.

not the past, and not the future - this is it.  Go to the state tourney Hawks and play your very best.  Don't look back and feel

tournament basketball.

from an HJ fan... well said.  all of this back and forth crap is pointless.

You guys are missing the point.  I am having fun with AAW.  He knows that all year I thought that Silsbee was the better team......I would even if asked by the right person say that I still thought that Silsbee had the better players from top to bottom......and maybe even the better team.  I also will tell you that I would as I have said all year that Jarvis Benard is the best player in the district.  NO ONE IS ARGUING!!!!!  Just having fun.

Relax Bullets and Voice!!!!  It is all in fun.  There is nothing on TV so I have to do something!!!! :D :D :D :D

You guys are missing the point.  I am having fun with AAW.  He knows that all year I thought that Silsbee was the better team......I would even if asked by the right person say that I still thought that Silsbee had the better players from top to bottom......and maybe even the better team.  I also will tell you that I would as I have said all year that Jarvis Benard is the best player in the district.  NO ONE IS ARGUING!!!!!  Just having fun.

Relax Bullets and Voice!!!!  It is all in fun.  There is nothing on TV so I have to do something!!!! :D :D :D :D

I agree with you KP. What is the harm in this debate? I could understand my partner's and bullet's comments if it were coaches and players doing all this debating. But it is just us ignorant fans ;D. No harm done. I always thought that was what these messageboards were all about, to have a good debate.

BTW KP, am I the right person to ask you that question? ;D

Guest stevenash

I agree with you KP. What is the harm in this debate? I could understand my partner's and bullet's comments if it were coaches and players doing all this debating. But it is just us ignorant fans ;D. No harm done. I always thought that was what these messageboards were all about, to have a good debate.

BTW KP, am I the right person to ask you that question? ;D

The real solution to all of this is to quit discussing which is the better team and return to the dunk discussions and whether or not it is ok to talk about JV and Freshmen teams.

this is way off topic. congrats trey and jarvis for making hj history. the only 2 people to go to state twice in there highschool carreer. both of yall had an excellent carreer at hj. from freshman year to senior year. lets finish it off and win this bad boy.

[/quote

tournament basketball.

Great post......you are so correct...its easy to get caught up in some of the post, as I said earlier we need to take care of buisness now, I could care less who thinks we do o do not belong.....FOCUS PEOPLE,,,,

;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty