HJ2012

Who should be district MVP?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be district MVP?

• Bernard
    • Robinson
    • Turner
    • Stallworth

My vote is for Bernard because he can take the game into his hands a lot better than Jacoby can. The only thing really in my opinion that Jacoby can do better is play defense. His three-point shooting isn't as good as Jarvis'. They can both take it to the basket, but Jarvis can handle the ball better. So thats 3-1 Jarvis.

This may be a Co-MVP year.Both clubs would struggle without Shannon or Jarvis and they wound up as co-champs.I don't know how you could give one the nod over the other.I agree about Turner,he has to be the defensive MVP.Trying to sneak past him is like trying to sneak daylight past a rooster,it ain't happening. ;) ;)

i don't think this is who is the best better all around player... I still think Robinson will get the award.. but if you ask who is the most valuable player to there team would be Benard..think about it take him off HJ and they are barely getting in the playoffs.... take S.Robinson off Silsbee they still will be deep and good...

i don't think this is who is the best better all around player... I still think Robinson will get the award.. but if you ask who is the most valuable player to there team would be Benard..think about it take him off HJ and they are barely getting in the playoffs.... take S.Robinson off Silsbee they still will be deep and good...

Bernard for MVP... But your not really gonna be able to judge by this cuz 99% of the ppl on here are gonna be biased towards their teams players, like the two comments above, i disagree with both of them,, not very intelligent statements because even games that jarvis has been shut down, we've played some of our better games... take WOS for instance.. they held jarvis to 6 points and still dominated.. and the game that they didnt shut him down came down to the wire... jus think about things before you say them... or type them

Guest stevenash

Bernard for MVP... But your not really gonna be able to judge by this cuz 99% of the ppl on here are gonna be biased towards their teams players, like the two comments above, i disagree with both of them,, not very intelligent statements because even games that jarvis has been shut down, we've played some of our better games... take WOS for instance.. they held jarvis to 6 points and still dominated.. and the game that they didnt shut him down came down to the wire... jus think about things before you say them... or type them

Nobody gives Benard credit for what he "doesn't do".  By that I mean that when the opposition concentrates or maybe "over" concentrates on him, he effectively takes 1.5 to 2 defenders out of the rest of the game and he understands that his value sometimes to the team is his patience and willingness to wait for his opportunitiy(ies).  If those opportunities never present themselves, somebody else on the team has had a heck of a game and much of it is attributable to Jarvis not blowing up and forcing the issue.  I think the Navasota game was a good example of him not trying to do too much early in the game.  It paid big dividends later and when you see Burrell and Turner able to drive often to the bucket, a lot of it has to do with the opposition making sure Jarvis does not get an open shot.

why is it people say turner is the best defender, but robinson and benard can shoot, drive to the basket and handle the ball.  Defense is more than one generalization of the game.  Turner by far is the X factor for the hawks.  Leading the press, blocking shots, and rebounding are his strong defensive suits.  I'm sure some will say that he gets in foul trouble in some games, but who wouldn't when you play this way.  Against Liberty foul trouble in first half 1pt lead, in second half blow out and he played the whole game.  By the way does anyone have the PPG avg for Sisbee and Hardin Jefferson.

why is it people say turner is the best defender, but robinson and benard can shoot, drive to the basket and handle the ball.  Defense is more than one generalization of the game.  Turner by far is the X factor for the hawks.  Leading the press, blocking shots, and rebounding are his strong defensive suits.  I'm sure some will say that he gets in foul trouble in some games, but who wouldn't when you play this way.  Against Liberty foul trouble in first half 1pt lead, in second half blow out and he played the whole game.  By the way does anyone have the PPG avg for Sisbee and Hardin Jefferson.

I do believe turner deserves to be MVP but he wont get it... so my next choice would be bernard

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83