Jasper vs. Waco La Vega Wed. 7:30 @ Huntsville High School

Yea they will this game be unstopable...but they better get all that out their system cuz silsbee will shut them 2 down jus like last time

Tickedoffgranny23,we are just worried about Waco Lavega  right now not Silsbee,  thanks for the concerned about Spikes and Bailey

Why are the Silsbee fans in such a rush to play Those Bulldogs of Jasper. BE CAREFULL FOR WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevenash

Dont worry all the topics are like this.  Silsbee is god and thier name should be on every thread.  ::)

Humility at its absolute finest.

Yea they will this game be unstopable...but they better get all that out their system cuz silsbee will shut them 2 down jus like last time

Tickedoffgranny23,we are just worried about Waco Lavega  right now not Silsbee,  thanks for the concerned about Spikes and Bailey

Why are the Silsbee fans in such a rush to play Those Bulldogs of Jasper. BE CAREFULL FOR WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

yeah.  i have never laughed so hard and am still laughing.  i am not going to name names, but i overheard scouts at one of the Jasper games talking.  A scout from one school asked the other whether he wanted to play Hudson or Jasper.  Without hesitation he said Jasper.  He got his wish, and Jasper took his team to the woodshed.

I am thinking that if the realignment had not happen that 21-3A would have been a war this season.  Silsbee, HJ, Jasper, WOS and OF.  Man that would have been tough and to think that two of these teams would not have made the playoffs.

TWG, I think Jasper definetly benefited from the realignment. This is basically the same team from last year and they did not make the playoffs from our district. They lost 2 straight to Orangefield, one at home and then one at a neutral site to send the Bobcats to the playoffs.

I'll admit that Jasper seems to be playing better, but I am not sold on the fact they would have made the playoffs out of our district.

(that ought to get'em riled) ;D

Guest spinks

I am thinking that if the realignment had not happen that 21-3A would have been a war this season.  Silsbee, HJ, Jasper, WOS and OF.  Man that would have been tough and to think that two of these teams would not have made the playoffs.

TWG, I think Jasper definetly benefited from the realignment. This is basically the same team from last year and they did not make the playoffs from our district. They lost 2 straight to Orangefield, one at home and then one at a neutral site to send the Bobcats to the playoffs.

I'll admit that Jasper seems to be playing better, but I am not sold on the fact they would have made the playoffs out of our district.

Could not disagree more.  Jasper is a MUCH different team today than they were last year..........hell they are even different from the team they were at the beginning of this year.  They would have beaten both WOS and OF and given HJ a run for their money in second.  Bulldogs are sleeper and with all the crap Silsbee fans have talked I hope and pray you dont meet them.

Guest stevenash

Could not disagree more.  Jasper is a MUCH different team today than they were last year..........heck they are even different from the team they were at the beginning of this year.  They would have beaten both WOS and OF and given HJ a run for their money in second.  Bulldogs are sleeper and with all the crap Silsbee fans have talked I hope and pray you dont meet them.

Very good point Spinks.  I think you can remember back to a Jasper holiday tournament a few years(2001) ago where HJ beat Tatum by over 30+ points with ease.  During that ensuing year, HJ lost 2 district matchups to # 1 or #2 state ranked Kountze and then Kountze would up playing against Tatum(who won their district)  in a warm up game(2002) in Lufkin in which Tatum won by double digits.  So obviously, Tatum became a very different team than when they played HJ earlier in that year.

Jasper went through a war in 18-3a.  Some of the games they played against the fourth through seventh place teams were clearly far tougher than the two playoff games they have played against teams from other districts.  There was only one "gimme" on the entire district schedule.

District 21-3a clearly has two teams stronger than any in 18-3a.  But you may not believe this, but there are some folks that think that TOP TO BOTTOM, 18-3a was a tougher district this year than 21-3a. 

Now THAT ought to get some folks riled up.  ;D

Jasper went through a war in 18-3a.  Some of the games they played against the fourth through seventh place teams were clearly far tougher than the two playoff games they have played against teams from other districts.  There was only one "gimme" on the entire district schedule.

District 21-3a clearly has two teams stronger than any in 18-3a.  But you may not believe this, but there are some folks that think that TOP TO BOTTOM, 18-3a was a tougher district this year than 21-3a. 

Now THAT ought to get some folks riled up.   

I actually agree. I think that overall 18-3A is a lot tougher than 21-3A. But the top two teams in 21-3A still would dominate that district. Silsbee and HJ. Well HJ and Hudson would be battle tested. If the district was Silsbee, HJ, Jasper, Hudson, Center, WO-S then Silsbee, HJ and Hudson would make the playoff. The other three team would tough competition for them top three teams. IMO

Could not disagree more.  Jasper is a MUCH different team today than they were last year..........heck they are even different from the team they were at the beginning of this year.  They would have beaten both WOS and OF and given HJ a run for their money in second.  Bulldogs are sleeper and with all the crap Silsbee fans have talked I hope and pray you dont meet them.

Spinks, have you seen Jasper play this year? I have seen them play 3 times this season. They are no different personel wise as they were last year. As Bailey and Spikes go, so goes the Dogs. It was the same last year. I saw them play 6 times last year and I saw no difference in the way they are playing this year, based on what I have seen for myself. Just taking the 3 games that Jasper has played Silsbee the last 2 years, there was nothing different about how the game was played or the outcome. Last year, Silsbee beat Jasper both times in district by an average of 30 points, this year they played in Jasper and beat them by 44. You shut down Bailey and Spikes, which the Tigers did, and Jasper is finished. This Jasper team might have beaten Orangefield this year, but I am not certain they would have beaten WOS both times. I will say that Jasper has improved from earlier in the season, but I am not convinced that they are a far better team than they were last year.

Nash, I understand your point, very valid. I have witnessed those kind of transformations time and time again. Jasper may have made that transformation, but, we will see. ;)

Guest spinks

Seen them play twice.  We can agree to disagree.  I think they are better than WOS and especially once district rolled around they were better.  Time will tell. 

j_dog, I would agree that 18-3A was probably 5 teams deep and 21-3A is 4 teams deep. I also agree that Silsbee and HJ would be the top 2 in either district but who would be that third place team would be up for grabs.

I would say that 18-3a was 7 teams deep.  Huntington finished fourth in spite of being state ranked earlier in the year.  They put a 20 point whipping on the still playing Hudson.  Carthage and Rusk had excellent young teams and gave some of the top teams fits.  In fact you used to sing Carthage praises, always picking them to beat Jasper.  ;)  Diboll also played the top teams close many times.  Center finished third but still edged out the highly respected district champion Crockett in the playoffs. 

btw, no offense toward your third place WOS, but weren't they knocked out of the playoffs in the first round while all of the 18-3a teams are still playing tonight?  I think that speaks volumes about the depth of 18-3a.

Silsbee, HJ, WOS and OF are the other 4 teams in 21-3A!!!!!!!

I assume that Hudson, Center, Jasper and Huntington are the top 4 teams in 18-3A???

Yes, Hudson, Center, Jasper and Huntington, but that is not the order they finished regular district.  The finish was:  Hudson and Jasper tied for first, Center in third, and Huntington was one game behind Center.  If Huntington had taken care of business with Carthage they would have tied with Center for third.  Carthage, Rusk, and Diboll all played some VERY close games against the "top four".

Here are their records:

DISTRICT 18-3A thru FEBRUARY 17

1. Hudson (12-2, 21-6)

1. Jasper (12-2, 24-8)

3. Center (10-4, 23-8)

4. Huntington (9-5, 23-9)

5. Rusk (5-9, 19-13)

6. Carthage (4-10, 9-17)

7. Diboll (4-10, 16-15)

8. Central (0-14)

link for more detailed scores:

This is the hidden content, please