LC-M 12 WO-S 3.....WP Wadell... HR's Brown (LCM)

KFDM COOP

LC-M takes down WO-S, 12-3

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

LITTLE CYPRESS — Good thing it is early for both the Little Cypress-Mauriceville Battlin’ Bears and the West Orange-Stark Mustangs.

The Bears struck quick for a 9-run first inning then took their feet off the gas as LC-M won 12-3 at Don Gibbens Field.

After a flurry of runs in the first inning, the Bears (1-0) found Zane Anderson of the Mustangs (0-1) tough to hit off of the rest of the night.

Anderson went 5 1/3 innings giving up three runs on five hits with six strike outs and one walk.

Tim Barry, Dallas Brown, Taylor Thompson and Scott Vaughn each scored twice for the Bears.

Brown homered in the sixth inning to make the final score, the first homer for the Bears this season. Brown finished with three RBI on the night.

Barry had a RBI double in the third while Stefan Cloeren added a two-run single in the bottom of the first, his second at bat of the inning.

Brown also had a two-run single in the bottom of the first.

LC-M scored nine runs on four hits in the fourth and also got help from three WO-S errors.

The Mustangs scored twice in the top of the third.

Darius Mitchell scored on a RBI walk by Justin Sparrow and Kendall Veitch did the same off a walk from Cody Hodge.

Mitchell scored again in the sixth as Jordan Darnall reached on a two-base error.

LC-M committed five errors in the game while WO-S had four.

Vaughn scored the Bears’ 10th run in the third after leading off with a double.

Two batters later Barry plated Vaughn with a RBI double.

Shane Waddell, who was the starting pitcher for the Bears, scored in the fourth on a passed ball.

Reading this thread makes it sound like Turley didn't pitch that great. Being at the game told a different story. WOS should have been out of the first inning without giving up any runs. We had three errors in the first inning. Taylor pitched well enough to get out of the first with no runs. If that happens, who knows how he pitches the rest of the game. Over all the Bears did what they do and that is hit. The Mustangs looked so much better than they have in the last several years. We are on the right track. Congrats to both teams. For the first time in several years I'm looking forward to watching the Mustangs play.

I hadn't thought about it but it does seem like we got one up the middle. I couldn't say for sure though. I think if it were a no hitter then surely they would have put that in the news paper article!!!!!!!!!!!

The newspaper article was lacking in many catagories.  It said the Mustangs struck out the Bears eight times but failed to mention the part where five Bear pitchers struck out twelve Mustang hitters. 

It said the Mustangs held the bears to ten hits but failed to mention that the Bears no hit the Mustangs.

Although there were some defensive miscues, the LCM pitching staff (throw out four or five walks) threw fairly well for opening day.

JMO

WOS was not no-hit, I don't exactly remember which Mustang had a hit but even the LC-M coaching staff called after the game and we both agree the Bears did not throw a no hitter. The hit was in the sixth inning though I do remember that and I'll post it when I get to the office.

As for the article being short, it is called a deadline which all newspapers and other media must deal with. I left the park at deadline and still got out a story on the game. I don't remember any other media even being there so I would think the local paper taking time on a Monday night to cover the game would be a positive? Not all stories can break down exactly what happened in every single at bat.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder