Seniors

Bobcat1

I think HJ will return 4 that were up all year,plus a couple that moved up late.One of those freshmen that moved up played alot during the last O-field game and during the playoffs.This kid is gonna be a player.I haven't got a game program here so her name escapes me but she hit several big time shots in both playoff games.They return both post players and one of their outside shooters and several young kids that will move up.The future looks bright in Sour Lake.

Barbers Hill loses ONE senior

How many juniors are on the team this year?

5, but returning 2 sophs and 2 fresh (all probable starters next year).  Most of the talent depth is in the current freshman and soph classes.  I don't envy coach determining varsity next year, it will be the most talented group of girls top to bottom to come through BH maybe ever.  Oh yeah, and there is that amazing bunch coming out of 8th.

• 3 months later...

HJ

LOST

Latrecia Moore

Taylor Sutherland

JAmie King

Samantha Francis

RETURNING

Victoria Fontenot

Page Sirmons

Maggie Lejune

Kelli LeGrande

Sharadan Priddy

Jasmine Smith and LaTonya August moved up and played in some games at the end of the season.  There will be two or three spots to fill ..... depends on who does what this summer....  underlevel teams will be loaded again with ALOT of talented girls .

• 2 weeks later...

Barbers Hill loses ONE senior

How many juniors are on the team this year?

5, but returning 2 sophs and 2 fresh (all probable starters next year).   Most of the talent depth is in the current freshman and soph classes.  I don't envy coach determining varsity next year, it will be the most talented group of girls top to bottom to come through BH maybe ever.  Oh yeah, and there is that amazing bunch coming out of 8th.

This young group at Barbers Hill has all the pieces to be "scary good" in the next few years.  There are a few quality small schools in the area, but this BH group has the potential to be the cream of the crop of ANY classification size if they continue to do the right things.  When I saw them play a few times last year it was easy to see their talent/skills level, but the most impressive part of their game to me was the composure and mindset of these very young basketball players.

This is a team I'd really like to play in the pre-season in an effort to get better...and at the same time hope I DON'T have to see them in the post season.  ;D

Thanks Slam (an air-conditioned gym seems a long way from from a sun-baked Ford Park, isnt it!)...we have very high hopes.  This could be the next state tournament team out of BH within the next 2-3 yrs.  Returning will be Senior all-region forward (possibly playing guard this year) Jasmine Carter along with Sophmore 1st team all-district, 6-4 post, Kendall Shaw.  Both are playing high level AAU this summer and should return much improved.  There are several other major contributors, but these two should account for a LOT of offense and rebounding.  The inside game should be dominant, but the speed of the guards will also make for a extremely well-rounded offense and defense.  And oh my, the depth....cant wait see what we have. 

• 4 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124

• @Big girl  @UT alum  @Boyz N Da Hood  
    • Nice deflection, too. No mention of Trump using an African American church to look like he’s the minority’s friend then walking out the back door and going to a white supremacist laced rally hosted by Charlie Kirk aka “The Civil Rights Act Was A Bad Idea”.  
    • Remember when someone said they were stepping away from this forum?  What a glorious 2 minutes that was.  Now, if I may attempt an impression, “You knuckle-draggers are idiots and I am going to sit here and ridicule you about everything!  (Tongue sticking out🤪)”.  
    • There was a national media outlet I used to love to watch.  I worked midnights for years and would come home and get caught up on all the latest headlines.  The anchors were humorous, had catch phrases and presented the sports hi-lights from the previous day.  They had fun segments where they would show the top 10 and not top 10 of the night or the week.  New ownership took over and started pushing agendas and politics.  Sports was pushed down to secondary status after indoctrination.  I phased out of watching the channel altogether.  Started watching again after years of being away because my favorite sporting event is exclusively on that channel.  Lo and behold nothing has changed.  They have complete segments dedicated to hi-lighting those on the “front-line” of social change and isolating 98% of the clientele who just wish to watch sports.  They have laid off tons of long time and popular hosts.  They have fired anchors for not bowing to their woke ideology.  Would someone step up and finally create another sports network to compete with the woke 4-letter network? Sad!!!!  Sports should be a refuge from the day to day grind.  Sports should be a haven to get away from wokeness.  You may now tune back to your regularly scheduled programming.  I am off the soapbox.
  • Topics