Chewing tabacco at games

ballin09

Guest pirates

A No, No, No all school districts,,, Gun free, Drug free and Tobacco free.  You cannot smoke, chew or drink alcohol on school property, or your not suppose too, lol.

I cannot believe this was even asked.. No one on the field can have tobacco. If found they are ejected and report written to the UIL. Player, Coach, Umpire. If a complaint is made against an umpire he will be disiplined by the local TASO board.

Settle down blue just a forum.

I cannot believe this was even asked.. No one on the field can have tobacco. If found they are ejected and report written to the UIL. Player, Coach, Umpire. If a complaint is made against an umpire he will be disiplined by the local TASO board.

Settle down blue just a forum.

Blue is already looking to toss someone :D :D

What are the rules for players that are over 18 during games. can they chew tabacco? some coaches do

it's ok, but if you want to smoke you must step out of the dugout. :P

Heck, back in the day when I played LL in New York, we smoked on the field and the Umps and coaches had their Schaefer Beer on ice in the home team dugout!!

But back then, everyone was civil and noone gave it a second thought  ;D...well, except for some of the parents  ::)

What are the rules for players that are over 18 during games. can they chew tabacco? some coaches do

it's ok, but if you want to smoke you must step out of the dugout. :P

Heck, back in the day when I played LL in New York, we smoked on the field and the Umps and coaches had their Schaefer Beer on ice in the home team dugout!!

But back then, everyone was civil and noone gave it a second thought  ;D...well, except for some of the parents  ::)

1 particular high school venue in the Golden Traingle...the cars used to line up along the outfield fence, and, along with the "ting" of the bat, and the "pop" of ball hitting glove...was the sound of "kkossshhhhh"..."pop a top again"!

I remember they did at their Little League ball park too...very mellow folks, except for a couple of belligerent fools...lol

Seriously? ???

Very serious.. I know of one Umpire got banned from calling in the TASO chapter for 10 years for doing it at pony league games and wearing his TASO hat.

Funny story, but kind of nasty...

While in college, the baseball players (after a really good practice) used to take their chewwing tobaco after practice and place it in the rafters of the dug out.  The next day they would take the tobacco and "reuse it", to continue the "good luck".

A lot of superstition in the baseball dugout.

After my year of being a college baseball trainer, I made a vow that if I ever had a daughter, she would steer clear of college baseball players (they are a breed all in themselves), thankfully I only have a son and don't have to worry about that.

Just curious....

Is tobacco also not allowed on the college baseball fields anymore????

I can not say anything about select. Here is the federation rule.

Rule 3 section 3 article p

p. use tobacco or tobacco-like products within the confines of the field.

Penalty: The umpire shall eject the offender from the game. Failure to comply shall result in the game being forfieted.

tobacco like products was put in a few years ago because they now have products that look like smokeless tobacco but are not tobacco. We are not going to call CSI over to run a trace analysis on the substance found to determine if it really was tobacco.

Funny story, but kind of nasty...

While in college, the baseball players (after a really good practice) used to take their chewwing tobaco after practice and place it in the rafters of the dug out.  The next day they would take the tobacco and "reuse it", to continue the "good luck".

A lot of superstition in the baseball dugout.

After my year of being a college baseball trainer, I made a vow that if I ever had a daughter, she would steer clear of college baseball players (they are a breed all in themselves), thankfully I only have a son and don't have to worry about that.

Just curious....

Is tobacco also not allowed on the college baseball fields anymore????

You are right about that!  I was fortunate enough to play a little college ball and those things happen all the time.  Heck when I play softball here in Bmt I still won't step on the foul lines when entering or leaving the field...it's become second hand after all these yrs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder