Jeremy Johnson (Silsbee) & Earl Hines (PAM)

Heard he got invited to Texas 's 2nd junior day on the 28th.  Also, heard he may receive an offer on that visit as an ATH.  Anybody close to the situation know whats going on and can confirm his intentions?  Add Earl Hines to that list too.  Can anyone confirm?

Johnson is  currently on the most recent list of invites per orangebloods.com I'm not saying he won't get an offer, but My question is if  he's offered as an athlete what position would he play?  QB?  UT has one commit already and on the verge of getting another.  DB?  UT is looking to take 3-4. Has two commits already and are in good shape with several others ranked much higher.  WR?  Also looking to take 3-4 with two already committed and another commit coming on or before the JR day as well as two out of state national top 100 type players that have been offered.  I just don't see the scholly numbers working in Johnson's favor. 

Hines may have a chance for an offer, but with two guys already committed at the LB position and two other offers out at the position I don't see it.  Hines may have a shot at a late offer if all other options fall through.

I hear Johnson probably won't get an offer but here's to hoping he does. What is the chance Johnson will stay at Lamar and play under one of his former coaches in Craig McGallion? 0%?

Heard he got invited to Texas 's 2nd junior day on the 28th.  Also, heard he may receive an offer on that visit as an ATH.  Anybody close to the situation know whats going on and can confirm his intentions?  Add Earl Hines to that list too.  Can anyone confirm?

Johnson is  currently on the most recent list of invites per orangebloods.com I'm not saying he won't get an offer, but My question is if  he's offered as an athlete what position would he play?  QB?  UT has one commit already and on the verge of getting another.  DB?  UT is looking to take 3-4. Has two commits already and are in good shape with several others ranked much higher.  WR?  Also looking to take 3-4 with two already committed and another commit coming on or before the JR day as well as two out of state national top 100 type players that have been offered.  I just don't see the scholly numbers working in Johnson's favor. 

Hines may have a chance for an offer, but with two guys already committed at the LB position and two other offers out at the position I don't see it.  Hines may have a shot at a late offer if all other options fall through.

I would love to see Johnson in the Burnt Orange & White

Check out rivals.com and you will see that Jeremy Johnson has already been offered by West Virginia, Missouri, Houston, TCU, Baylor, and Texas is going to offer him on the 28th to play either DB or WR. Oklahoma is prepared to offer him at WR and kick return. Michigan, UCLA, Nebraska and Florida all have  contacted about visits. Feb 28- March 1 he is going to the Football University Camp. These are the same people who sponsor the US Army All-American game in San Antonio. He is also going to the Nike Elite Camp in April.     

Check out rivals.com and you will see that Jeremy Johnson has already been offered by West Virginia, Missouri, Houston, TCU, Baylor, and Texas is going to offer him on the 28th to play either DB or WR. Oklahoma is prepared to offer him at WR and kick return. Michigan, UCLA, Nebraska and Florida all have  contacted about visits. Feb 28- March 1 he is going to the Football University Camp. These are the same people who sponsor the US Army All-American game in San Antonio. He is also going to the Nike Elite Camp in April.      

DB would be nice, especially if he plays D anything like his older brother  ;)  The Texas secondary would continue to be run by SETX kids.  His height would match up well against the taller recievers, but can he bring the wood BK?

Bret that 40 time has not been updated 4.38 is his current 40 dash time.

That might be his hand timed 40.  If he ran a legit, laser timed 40 that fast, he would be faster than all but 10 players from the 2008 NFL Combine.  Jamaal Charles was the fastest person in the Big 12 last year and he ran a 4.38 at the combine. 

Mack Brown told Jeremy and several other recruits at one of Jeremy's three previous visits to UT that 40 times are overrated; what a kid can do on the football field in real time is much more important, and Jeremy can sure do alot on the football field in real time.

But can he bring the pain when the football isn't in his hands?

Time will tell. I'm just excited that he will have the chance to see what happens on the level, God willing.

Mack Brown told Jeremy and several other recruits at one of Jeremy's three previous visits to UT that 40 times are overrated; what a kid can do on the football field in real time is much more important, and Jeremy can sure do alot on the football field in real time.

exactly... Dayton had a couple with some unimpressive 40 times go D1 this year. Just from what I've seen on video Johnson is a flatout playmaker. The recruiters know that!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder