BARBERS HILL BASEBALL 2009 GAME RESULTS

RIP09

BH 17    GALENA PARK 10

BH is 6-2 in District

Very impressive night at the plate for BH. Heath Padgett started the game off with a lead off HR to left field and the hits just kept coming as BH ended the night with 17 runs on 19 hits. BH scored only 1 run in the first after leaving the bases loaded but jumped right back on the GP starting pitcher with 5 runs in the 2nd. Clifton started the inning with a single, Padgett singled, Carmona walked, Henscey with an rbi single, and then the big blow from Jay Burditt with a line drive Grand Slam off the scoreboard to go up 6-1 after 2 innings. BH would tack on 3 more in the 3rd with a Clifton walk, Padgett rbi single, Carmona triple, and Henscey rbi single to take a 9-1 lead. GP would get back in the game in the btm of the 3rd with 3 runs on 3 walks and 2 hits to make the score 9-4. BH would get those 3 runs back in the top of the 4th courtesy of a Lyday double, Ponder 2-run HR, Rocha double, and Clifton single to make the score 12-4. GP would get 1 run back in the btm of the 4th on 2 hits to make the score 12-5. BH would get those 2 runs back in the top of the 5th courtesy of a lead off HR from Carmona, and an rbi single from Rocha. GP scored 1 run in the btm of the 5th on a hit, a walk, and an error to make the score 14-6 after the 5th. BH scored 2 more in the 6th off of 3 walks, and RBIs from Peterson on a sac fly, and Ponder on a bases loaded HBP. GP would get both of those runs back in the btm of the inning from a walk and a 2-R HR to make the score 16-8 going to the 7th. BH would score 1 more in the 7th with Clifton reaching on an error, a Padgett single, and Henscey with an rbi single. GP finished the scoring with 2 runs in the btm of the inning on 2 hits and a walk to make the final score 17-10. It was great to see the BH team hit the ball hard throughout the lineup.

PITCHING

Burditt    - 3 1/3 ip, 5 runs, 5 hits, 6 k, 3 bb

Peterson - 3 2/3 ip, 5 runs, 4 hits, 4 k, 3 bb

OFFENSE

Padgett    - 4 for 6, HR, 4 runs, 2 rbi, 3 sb

Carmona  - 2 for 4, HR, 3b, 2 bb, 4 runs, rbi, sb

Henscey  - 3 for 5, run, 3 rbi

Burditt    - 2 for 3, GS-HR, run, 4 rbi

Lyday      - 3 for 4, 2b, 2 runs, hbp

Ponder    - 1 for 2, HR, 2 bb, hbp, 3 rbi

Rocha      - 2 for 5, 2b, run, rbi

Clifton    - 2 for 4, bb, 3 runs

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BARBERS HILL 8     C.E. KING 6

BH is now 7-2 in District

This was a big win for the BH boys. Alex Rocha would get the start on the mound for BH. King would start the game off with 2 straight singles before Rocha would record an out with a 1-3 FC leaving runners at 2nd and 3rd. Rocha would walk the next batter to load the bases but would battle out of the inning with a shallow fly ball to right field and a strike out to end the inning not allowing a run. Heath Padgett started the bottom of the inning off with a leadoff walk. Padgett would advance to second on a wild pitch. Carmona would reach 1st on a ground ball to SS when the SS tried to throw behind Padgett at 2nd unsuccessfully. Henscey would move both runners over to 2nd and 3rd with a fly ball to right field. Padgett would score on a sac fly from Burditt for the only run for BH after a fly out to center from Lyday would end the inning. C.E. King would put up 4 runs in the 2nd on 3 hits and 2 walks to take an early 4-1 lead. BH would get 1 back in the bottom of the inning on a lead off 2b from Ponder, Rocha moving the runner to 3rd on a fly ball to right, and a sac fly from Clifton. BH would take the lead in the bottom of the 3rd. After 1 out in the inning Carmona would walk, move to 2nd on a wild pitch, and would score on a 2-out rbi single from Burditt. Lyday would walk moving Burditt to 2nd. Both runners would move up on a wild pitch. Burditt would score on a passed ball and Lyday would score on a 2-out rbi single by Ponder giving BH a 5-4 lead. In the top of the 4th, the lead off man for C.E. King would reach courtesy of an error and after a walk to the next batter Rocha would be pulled from the game. Jared Baker would take over on the mound for BH and would do an outstanding job to help secure the win for BH. Baker would get a ground ball out at 3rd base for the 1st out leaving runners at 1st and 2nd. Baker would get the next out courtesy of a very nice play on a pop up in foul territory by catcher Jake Ponder. Baker would walk the next batter to load the bases but would end the threat with a pop up to 1st base to maintain the 5-4 lead. BH would add 2 more runs to their lead after 1 out in the inning with a walk to DH Myer and an rbi triple from Heath Padgett. Padgett would score on an rbi single from Carmona to make the score 7-4. After recording outs with a 5-3 groundout and a strikeout to start the 5th, C.E. King would put together a 2-out rally. The next 2 hitters would reach with base hits and would score on an rbi 2b and an rbi single before Baker would end the inning with a strikeout with runners at 1st and 3rd keeping the score at 7-6 in favor of BH. The score would stay that way until the btm. of the 6th. After a groundout and a pop up, Padgett would get things started with a 2-out single. On the first pitch to Carmona, Padgett was breaking to 2nd on an apparent hit and run. Carmona grounded the ball right through the spot that the SS had vacated and Padgett would not hesitate around 3rd as he was waved home and would score easily when the throw from the outfield was bobbled by the SS making the score 8-6. In the top of the 7th Baker would retire the 1-3 hitters for C.E. King in order with groundouts to Carmona at SS to end the game. Great team win for the BH boys.

PITCHING

Rocha - 3 ip, 6 hits, 4 runs, 5 bb, 2 k

Baker  - 4 ip, 5 hits, 2 runs, 1 bb, 2 k

OFFENSE

Padgett   - 2 for 3, 3b, bb, rbi, 3 runs

Carmona  - 2 for 3, bb, rbi, run

Burditt     - 1 for 2, 2 rbi, run

Ponder     - 2 for 3, 2b, rbi

not to be picky RIP  ;) but it was 5 innings pitched for Baker

You are being picky ;) and a little greedy.;) Baker came on in the top of the 4th. Rocha pitched 3 innings. Let's see now. 7 innings - 3 innings = 4 innings. Yep, that's 4 innings in my book. ;D ;D But 4 well pitched innings I might add.

Guest shooter1709

You are being picky ;) and a little greedy.;) Baker came on in the top of the 4th. Rocha pitched 3 innings. Let's see now. 7 innings - 3 innings = 4 innings. Yep, that's 4 innings in my book. ;D ;D But 4 well pitched innings I might add.

ah ok yes i agree... numbers are blurred in heat of competition  ;) keep up the great work  ;D

ah ok yes i agree... numbers are blurred in heat of competition  ;) keep up the great work  ;D

I'm just messing with you. Like I said before. A great 4 innings of work and I believe it could've been 5 if we needed it.

I think I'm going to call Shooter's math teacher.  ;)

Seriously, keep up the good work, Shooter.  ;D

Guest shooter1709

haha let's all mess with the "kid"  ;D i appreciate it both rip and eagle

btw eagle im not takin a math this year so that could be whats affectin me  ::)

That is mostly likely it. However, you could hire a goodlooking tutor to help you out w stats during the season.

Guest shooter1709

That is mostly likely it. However, you could hire a goodlooking tutor to help you out w stats during the season.

thats a great idea ;) got any in mind??

BH 2   KINGWOOD PARK 7

BH now 7-3 in District

BH got in an early hole and never could recover. BH would go down in order in the first inning after a strikeout and 2 groundouts. Jared Baker got the start and got in trouble early giving up a leadoff single. Baker would get the next hitter on a groundout but would give up a 2-run HR to the 3rd batter for an early 2-0 lead for KP after 1 inning. BH would again go down in order in the 2nd. Five of the first six hitters hit the ball hard but right at the KP fielders. KP would start the btm of the 2nd with 3 straight line drive singles. Baker would record an out on a sac bunt before being pulled from the game down 4-0. Matt Peterson would come on in relief and give up an rbi single before retiring the next 2 batters to end the inning with BH trailing 5-0. In the 3rd inning BH would get a leadoff walk from Rocha, but after a strikeout, BH would hit into a double play to end the inning. Peterson would end up pitching very well only allowing 4 hits in 4 2/3 innings. The only offensive highlight of the night would come in the 4th inning for BH. Trailing 5-0, Padgett would lead off with a single. After a pop up to the pitcher, Colby Henscey would hit a 2-run HR over the left field wall to cut the lead to 5-2. After a strikeout, Lyday and Ponder would single and advance to 2nd and 3rd on a wild pitch. They would be stranded there after the next hitter would strike out. BH would give the runs right back in the btm. of the inning. The first 2 hitter would reach on an error and a walk. Peterson would get a strikeout for the first out with the runners advancing to 2nd and 3rd on a passed ball. Peterson would make his only mistake of the night with an attempted pick off to 3rd that would be wide of the bag allowing both runners to score making the score 7-2. Both teams would go scoreless the remainder of the game. This was an ugly outing for BH who showed little if any emotion. I'm not sure how a team can have some players go to a game and not be excited about being in first place and competing for a District Championship. ??? ??? IF YOU DON'T CARE AND DON'T WANT TO HELP YOUR TEAM WIN, THEN STAY HOME!!!!

PITCHING

Baker      - 1 1/3 ip, 5 runs, 7 hits, 0 bb, 0 k

Peterson - 4 2/3 ip, 2 runs, 4 hits, 2 bb, 6 k

OFFENSE

Henscey - 1 for 3, HR, 2 rbi, run

Padgett - 1 for 3, run

Carmona - 1 for 3

Lyday     - 1 for 3

Ponder    - 1 for 3

Some of these kids batting around 200 for the season and starting all the time should sit out for a few innings.Maybe then there might be some excitement.

A loss like this one should at least bother you a little as a player. If not why are you on the team? I hope to see a big rebound tonight! As bad as the loss was, BH is still in the driver's seat. Good luck tonight, another big game!!!

We should learn from our failures? But what did we learn? if hitting is showing to be a problem maybe we should not hit and run, especially when your best batter is at the plate with a rare runner at first, when he took off this forced your best bat to swing at pitches he would not have normally swung at "we done this twice to our best hitter"  which resulted in a pop out or strike out. No momentum was gained there. Then to much junk pitching, with two strikes called outside why do we pitch inside? So they can hit it hard and that's exactly what they did and should have! The team that pitched inside will lose.....Just my opinion

We should learn from our failures? But what did we learn? if hitting is showing to be a problem maybe we should not hit and run, especially when your best batter is at the plate with a rare runner at first, when he took off this forced your best bat to swing at pitches he would not have normally swung at "we done this twice to our best hitter"  which resulted in a pop out or strike out. No momentum was gained there. Then to much junk pitching, with two strikes called outside why do we pitch inside? So they can hit it hard and that's exactly what they did and should have! The team that pitched inside will lose.....Just my opinion

Cant figure it out we were not focused. They need to figure out its almost over get it together or go home the playoffs start in a couple weeks for four teams

BH 13    G.C. MEMORIAL 5

BH is now 8-3 in district

BH rebounded in a big way Tuesday night at home against G.C. Memorial. Jay Burditt would get the start on the mound and throw 5 solid innings with Jared Baker closing the game out with 2 strong innings in relief. GC would go down in order in the 1st inning and BH would take the early lead with Padgett scoring after a leadoff single and a couple of GC errors. BH would add to their lead in the 2nd after holding GC scoreless in the top half of the inning. BH scored 2 runs in the second on 3 walks and an rbi single from Henscey to make the score 3-0 after 2 inn. GC would finally get on the board in the 4th with a couple of doubles making the score 3-1. BH would blow the game wide open in the btm of the inning, chasing starter Cody Butler from the game. Padgett reached on an error and Carmona would follow that with a single. Colby Henscey would follow that up with the big hit of the night, launching a 3-Run HR over the left field fence to give BH a commanding 6-1 lead. After a fly ball to center, BH would load the bases with 1 out courtesy of an error and 2 walks. Cody Clifton would come through with a 2-run single scoring Lyday and pinch runner Cade McDonald. Rocha would score the final run of the inning on a ground out from Peterson making the score 9-1 after 4 innings. Both GC and BH would score 2 runs in the 5th and 6th innings. Carmona would lead off the 5th with a double and would score on a 2-out rbi single from Lyday, who would end up scoring after a couple of walks and a wild pitch. Baker would move to the mound in the 6th with Henscey coming in to play 3rd base (I believe for the first time ever) and Burditt taking over in left field. Baker would strike out the first hitter and then give up 2 singles. Both runners would score on an apparent double play ball back to the mound, that ended up being thrown down the left field line allowing the batter to go all the way to 3rd base. Baker would recover nicely with a 1-3 groundout and would strand the runner at 3rd with a nice play from Henscey at 3rd base on a high chopper 5-3 groundout. In the btm of the 6th, Padgett would lead off with a walk, would steal both 2nd and 3rd base, and would score on a sac fly from Carmona. Henscey would end up scoring the final run after a walk and a single from Burditt that was misplayed in center allowing Henscey to score from 1st. Baker would retire GC in order in the top of the 7th to end the game. I was very proud to see the BH boys respond with a great team effort and a big win!

PITCHING

Burditt - 5 ip, 6 hits, 3 runs, 4 bb, 3 k

Baker   - 2 ip, 2 hits, 2 runs, 0 bb, 2 k

OFFENSE

Henscey -  2 for 4, HR, bb, 4 RBIs, 2 runs

Carmona -  2 for 3, 2b, bb, rbi, 2 runs

Padgett  -  1 for 4, bb, 3 runs, 3 sb

Lyday     -  1 for 4, bb, rbi, 2 runs

Clifton    -  1 for 4, 2 RBIs, run

BH  0    CROSBY 3

BH now 8-4 in district.

And the roller coaster ride that is BH baseball continues! What a disappointing loss for BH fans and a few BH players. I'm not sure what to think about this one. It reminded me a little of the KP game at the plate. You would have thought there would have been a playoff atmosphere from a BH team that controlled it's own destiny to win the district title. But it sure didn't seem that way from watching this one. It looked more like a preseason game with nothing on the line. No emotion, no sense of urgency, no excitement and very poor at bats the entire night. On the positive side, BH did play solid defense and got a very good pitching performance from Jay Burditt. Burditt would retire the Crosby hitters in order for the first 3 innings. BH would have one of only 2 scoring opportunities of the night in the first inning after a 2-out single from Colby Henscey which would turn out to be the only hit of the night for BH. Burditt would walk and after a passed ball the runners would advance to 2nd and 3rd. Lyday would be unable to bring in a run with a groundout to SS to end the threat. Burditt would run into trouble in the 4th inning after giving up a leadoff double and the next hitter reaching on what appeared to be a blown call from the field umpire on a routine 4-3 groundout. The next hitter would single to right to drive in the first run for Crosby. Burditt would get a strikeout for the first out and Padgett would make a great diving catch in center for the 2nd out. The next hitter would single on an 0-2 count to load the bases. After getting an 0-2 count on the next hitter, for some reason BH would call for a pitch in the dirt. The hitter laid off of the pitch and the runner at 3rd would score when Ponder would be unable to block the pitch. Burditt would strike out the same hitter on an outside pitch on the next pitch to end the top of the 4th with Crosby leading 2-0. BH would have it's best scoring opportunity in the bottom of the inning. Colby Henscey would draw a leadoff walk. Burditt would reach on a 6-4 FC for the 1st out. BH would load the bases with 1 out after a Lyday walk and Ponder would reach on an error by the 3rd baseman. Rocha would hit a ground ball to the 1st baseman who would throw to home for the force out. The throw was high and wide up the 3rd base line but for some reason Burditt chose not to slide and would be tagged out on the shoulder with the swipe tag from the catcher for the 2nd out. The inning would end with the bases loaded with a strikeout from Clifton. Crosby would tack on 1 more run with a couple of singles and a stolen base in the 6th to end the scoring.

PITCHING

Burditt - 7 ip, 5 hits, 3 runs, 2 bb, 4 k

OFFENSE (Almost none)

Henscey - 1 for 2, bb

BH  0    CROSBY 3

BH now 8-4 in district.

And the roller coaster ride that is BH baseball continues! What a disappointing loss for BH fans and a few BH players. I'm not sure what to think about this one. It reminded me a little of the KP game at the plate. You would have thought there would have been a playoff atmosphere from a BH team that controlled it's own destiny to win the district title. But it sure didn't seem that way from watching this one. It looked more like a preseason game with nothing on the line. No emotion, no sense of urgency, no excitement and very poor at bats the entire night. On the positive side, BH did play solid defense and got a very good pitching performance from Jay Burditt. Burditt would retire the Crosby hitters in order for the first 3 innings. BH would have one of only 2 scoring opportunities of the night in the first inning after a 2-out single from Colby Henscey which would turn out to be the only hit of the night for BH. Burditt would walk and after a passed ball the runners would advance to 2nd and 3rd. Lyday would be unable to bring in a run with a groundout to SS to end the threat. Burditt would run into trouble in the 4th inning after giving up a leadoff double and the next hitter reaching on what appeared to be a blown call from the field umpire on a routine 4-3 groundout. The next hitter would single to right to drive in the first run for Crosby. Burditt would get a strikeout for the first out and Padgett would make a great diving catch in center for the 2nd out. The next hitter would single on an 0-2 count to load the bases. After getting an 0-2 count on the next hitter, for some reason BH would call for a pitch in the dirt. The hitter laid off of the pitch and the runner at 3rd would score when Ponder would be unable to block the pitch. Burditt would strike out the same hitter on an outside pitch on the next pitch to end the top of the 4th with Crosby leading 2-0. BH would have it's best scoring opportunity in the bottom of the inning. Colby Henscey would draw a leadoff walk. Burditt would reach on a 6-4 FC for the 1st out. BH would load the bases with 1 out after a Lyday walk and Ponder would reach on an error by the 3rd baseman. Rocha would hit a ground ball to the 1st baseman who would throw to home for the force out. The throw was high and wide up the 3rd base line but for some reason Burditt chose not to slide and would be tagged out on the shoulder with the swipe tag from the catcher for the 2nd out. The inning would end with the bases loaded with a strikeout from Clifton. Crosby would tack on 1 more run with a couple of singles and a stolen base in the 6th to end the scoring.

PITCHING

OFFENSE (Almost none)

Henscey - 1 for 2, bb

WoW if you could make this write-up just a little uglier it just might help.

BH  0    CROSBY 3

BH now 8-4 in district.

PITCHING

OFFENSE (Almost none)

Henscey - 1 for 2, bb

WoW if you could make this write-up just a little uglier it just might help.

You've heard the phrase "It is what it is". I didn't make anything ugly. That's how it happened. The truth hurts sometimes! Maybe you have a different take on how the game went down. I'm not sure how to make a 1 hit performance from our hitters pretty. Maybe you can enlighten me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed