Best QBs in 22-4a? Updated Passing Leaders

Guest UThorns

Moser Nederland

Brandon Williams Central

Andrew Thomas Dayton

i haven't seen the nederland or central qb, but that thomas kid from dayton is pretty tough. he has a lot of speed and made pretty good decisions throwing except for that one int. his receivers dropped passes at critical times that killed some of dayton's drives.

I think DeJohn from Lumberton is as good as anybody in the district and probably has the strongest arm. Based on '05 UIL stats, and not the ones in the chronicle or the enterprise because they were incorrect, he was second in the district last year in passing yards, first in attempts, first in completions, but unfortunately, first in interceptions as well - although 5 ints were end of half or game hail marys. He played about 60-65% of the snaps at QB last year so if he gets the chance he should improve on that this year. If he would have been the full-time QB last year i think he would have led the district in every category as a sophmore.

Although he has only taken about half the snaps in the 3 scrimages (hampshire fannett, barbers hill, and silsbee), he has been impressive with a 65-70% completion rate, 500+ yards, 4 TD's and 0 ints. I think the dynamic duo of he and credeur will have more success than anybody on this board gives them credit for.

Because of Coach C and his staff and a group of boys that refuse to accept losing, L-town is going to be a team that is much more fun to watch this year. :P

I am hoping for a .500 season and praying for a playoff berth. I predict we start district play with a 3-0 record. Then things get tough with Dayton. :shock:

Best of luck to all this year in district 22-4a!

I think Brandon Williams from Central is probably the best athlete and probably has the best supporting cast.

The kid from Nederland might be the best passer and he also has a weapon like Mosely in the back field.

The 2 kids from Lumberton will end up both being very good.

The kid, President Driver of LCM looked pretty good against Caney Creek. Has a very good arm and through tight spirals all over the field. he was also pretty accurate with the first 35 yard TD pass. he put is right over 2 defenders and into his WRs hands. Still raw as he sometimes tried to make something happen when nothing was there. But, he does have some talent. he is probably not one of the top 3 QBs this year, but he us one to watch, as he should be one of the better QBs next year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder