HJ Hawks Vs. HF Horns

Who will be victorious on Friday Night?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be victorious on Friday Night?

• HJ Hawks
    • HF Horns

I don't think that this meeting between the two teams will be as epic as last time.  I think that H-F has made several improvements and will take this one easy.  Especially if defender Blake Tiner steps his game up.  He's been slacking as of late and has really fallen to one of the worst players on the team.  Maybe if HJ had Daniel Callesto from silsbee, they would stand a chance against HF but i'm pretty sure it will be a royal beatdown baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Daniel Callesto's the BOMB!!!!!!!

I don't think that this meeting between the two teams will be as epic as last time.  I think that H-F has made several improvements and will take this one easy.  Especially if defender Blake Tiner steps his game up.  He's been slacking as of late and has really fallen to one of the worst players on the team.  Maybe if HJ had Daniel Callesto from silsbee, they would stand a chance against HF but i'm pretty sure it will be a royal beatdown baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Daniel Callesto's the BOMB!!!!!!!

and you dont think HJ has improved? thats tha HF edumucation....  i think the hawks take this one 2-0

i watched this one tonight.  HF controlled the game, but i wasn't really that impressed with them.  the score probably should've been 2-0 HF, but had either team played against a solid defense they would not have scored.  The hawks' back line crumbled twice off of set plays and ticky tack rebounds were tapped home.  the hawk keeper really played a solid game (despite allowing 5 goals), but he did let a very weak shot roll under him from about a mile out.  both of HJ's goals came on tap-ins off of the HF goalie's mistakes (i was at the concession stand for the first one, but was told he dropped a ball).  watching the game, it was obvious that HF has a lot more players that have spent some time playing soccer, and HJ is in the same situation it is every year, with a few year-round players and a lot of athletes trying to fill the gaps.  i will say that HJ has improved quite a bit from last year, but they still have a long way to go before they'll be competing with the better teams from this area on a regular basis. 

yea.. well i didnt get to play in this one.. (FLU) so thats all i know of ppl that we were missing out of the starting lineup..   but bullets dont base us on this game this was one of our worse games if we wouldve played like we did against ozen this wouldve been different... but i cant make excuses..

it's all good man.  you can only do what you can do.  my first two years at HJ we could actually field a starting 11 of players who were playing competitive soccer outside of school, with a few more coming off the bench.  we lost about a bunch of those guys my junior year, and my senior year we only had 6, with 4 of them being freshmen.  in that situation, there's only so much you can do.  when you have a team with a few real soccer players, a few guys who are naturally talented enough to become soccer players, a few athletes, and a few guys who are playing because it's the only sport they can make the team, you can only expect so much.  HJ will definitely benefit when there are enough teams for a full 3A district.  on a side note, i really am impressed with the improvement from last year.

yea.. well i didnt get to play in this one.. (FLU) so thats all i know of ppl that we were missing out of the starting lineup..   but bullets dont base us on this game this was one of our worse games if we wouldve played like we did against ozen this wouldve been different... but i cant make excuses..

it's all good man.  you can only do what you can do.  my first two years at HJ we could actually field a starting 11 of players who were playing competitive soccer outside of school, with a few more coming off the bench.  we lost about a bunch of those guys my junior year, and my senior year we only had 6, with 4 of them being freshmen.  in that situation, there's only so much you can do.  when you have a team with a few real soccer players, a few guys who are naturally talented enough to become soccer players, a few athletes, and a few guys who are playing because it's the only sport they can make the team, you can only expect so much.  HJ will definitely benefit when there are enough teams for a full 3A district.  on a side note, i really am impressed with the improvement from last year.

We only have 2 or 3 players i think that play soccer outside from the school team, then we have about 6 starters who are football players that just have the athleticism to do pretty well...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder