**HJ vs. Silsbee Broadcast And Updates/Silsbee Wins!!!!!!!!**

What was HJ's three point percentage tonight?  It didn't sound very good according to my in & out broadcast.

we were quiet?? i dont thinkk soo... and where were the silsbee scrubs?? i didnt see ya'lls student section there... jus wait till we play in silsbee.. if we can get the three ball goin then it'll be a long night for silsbee..

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ST4life

we were quiet?? i dont thinkk soo... and where were the silsbee scrubs?? i didnt see ya'lls student section there... jus wait till we play in silsbee.. if we can get the three ball goin then it'll be a long night for silsbee..

The Hecklers are overrated.......... :o

I heard 50 year old Tiger fans over yall.............. :D

Guest ST4life

yeaa.. overratedd.. sure kid.... and hey i bet you heard those 50 year old silsbee fans cuz i bet you were sitting RIGHT BESIDE THEM...

UUUUUMMMMMM........ Or maybe it was because in the 4th quarter half the HJ fans already left........ :D

Congrats to Coach Williams, his staff and his team.  Silsbee has a great team.  They really impressed me tonight.  I saw very little against Kelly last month that I saw tonight.  Silsbee has earned the right to be called the best 3A school in SE Texas right now.  The refs were fair and for the most part let the kids play and really were not a factor in the game.  Although one of them almost tossed me with about 4 minutes left in the game when he looked directly at me and I told him that he was terrible twice!!!!!  He then told a HJ administrator who is a great friend of mine.  He was not terrible I was just frustrated with the way the game was going. 

I saw that Travis really only played about 8 guys tonight.  I did not see the 10-12 that everyone says that he plays.  The difference in the game was two things IMO.......

Silsbee bench and HJ's unability to hit a shot.  The Hawks were contested on every long ball tonight where as Silsbee seemed to have open 3's and you cannot leave the Tigers wide open or they will make you pay and they did!!!!

Once again great job Tigers......you should be proud of your team.

HJ........there is nothing to hang your heads about.  You gave it your best and lost to a better team.  Sometimes it happens that way.  Get ready for round 2 of district and you will have another shot at Silsbee in 21/2 weeks.

Good post Zeek...Very good meeting you tonight.

Great to meet you too.......

Also great meeting Mac Tiger tonight as well.

It was nice meeting you and PoppaBear too! :)

Congrats to Silsbee.  Down 19 late, I yelled at the Hawks, "we've got 'em right where we want 'em!"  Hawks made a run, stretched the game out a bit-- but too much Silsbee tonight, and not enough Jacoby, riding the pine half the game with foul trouble.  I hope we're playing a little bit smarter by the time we meet again in the Regional Finals.

Dylan Klages, you are my hero!

I have said over nd over again if the tigers play to their fullest potential they will be very hard to beat phil hill and shannon robinson are very skilled and controlled the game very well i think the tigers grew up even more tonight because they did not lose their head and withstood every thing hj came at them with the tigers were very physical with hj and made it hard for hj to drive inside for baskets and remember when they play us in silsbee #33 on jv will be on varsity giving the tigers more size inside he is about 6'7 hj has a good skillful team but the tigers brought their game to hj they came to win.    GREAT WIN TIGERS    HJ has some great fans and very nice people i really enjoyed myself.

very nice performance by the Tigers.  They've earned this win.  I know we go back and forth with the Tiger fans, but there's no dispute as to who the best 3A team in the area is right now.  Congrats to ya'll on a huge win, and enjoy your bragging rights.

Yes it was a great win in a place the is tough to win at. But about the bragging rights; not just yet. District is half over and more games yet to play, so we will wait till the end of the year to enjoy our bragging rights. Good game Hawks. Go Tigers!!!

Well, putting it simply, Silsbee is the better team. By that I mean that Silsbee just has more players than what HJ has. Each team's first 3-4 players are fairly equal, give or take a few. But the next 3-4, Silsbee is far better, a definite significance. The Tigers just have too many weapons for the Hawks to handle.

As for the game, well starting off having it standing room only BEFORE the jv game, should tell you what kind of excitement was in the air by the time the varsity got tipped off. After a 5-5 tie with about 4 1/2 minutes left in the first, Silsbee's Nick Walters drained a three, to put Silsbee up 8-5. It was a lead that the Tigers never gave up the rest of the game. Silsbee closed out the first leading 17-10. In the second, Silsbee extended their lead to as much as 14, 28-14, but after a few steals and a couple of three's by the Hawks, HJ ended the 2nd on a 16-8 run, trailing the Tigers at the half, 36-30. HJ actually cut it to 4, but Silsbee's Pheal Hill got a steal and a layup as time ran out in the first half.

The start of the 3rd quarter saw both teams exchange buckets before the Tigers started to pull away with some timely three pointers and some tough defense. Silsbee shut down HJ over the last 4 minutes of the quarter, finishing on a 14-4 run, closing out the 3rd with their biggest lead of the game so far, 54-38. Silsbee continued to put the defensive pressure on, as they contested what seemed like every HJ shot, getting some blocks and pounding the boards, limiting the Hawks to just one shot attempt. The Tigers extended their lead to as much as 20, 59-39, after getting a big three from Brady Byars. The Hawks then started to make a run of their own with some steals and a couple of three's by Benard and Sutherland, cutting the Tiger lead all the way down to 7, at 62-55, with just 1:40 remaining in the game. But the Tigers were able to shut down HJ the remainder of the game, getting a couple of key blocks and then hitting a few freethrows down the stretch, winning it by 10, 65-55.

Silsbee's ability to bottle up Benard limited the Hawks from making any big run on the Tigers. With Turner in foul trouble early and both Burrell and Benard finding it tough inside, HJ played behind the 8 ball pretty much all night. Silsbee's athleticism and overall team height was just too much for the shorter Hawks to handle. The Tigers pounded them on the boards and either blocked, altered, or contested just about every shot the Hawks took. Offensively, Silsbee showed patience, as they worked to get open shots, getting some uncontested three's, and penetrating inside, dishing off to the bigmen down low. Shannon was his usual self, controling the flow, getting the ball to his shooters and creating his own shot when needed. Hill did what he always does and attacked the basket with the confidence of a '6"6 wingman and not the '5"9 guard that he is. He also ripped down some key rebounds for the Tigers. Walters and Byars did their thing from the three point line but also did a great job defensively, using their bigger bodies on the smaller Hawks. Prentice Lane I thought played one of his best defensive games all year, getting some steals, blocking a few shots, and altering others with his '6"1 athletic frame. Stallworth and Thomas provided enough inside presence as they limited the Hawks to just one shot, banging the boards both on the offensive and defensive ends. D.C was able to get some offensive putbacks to help boost the Tiger scoring.

Like Lazeek said in his post, in the end, the Tigers were just too much for the Hawks. IMO, I think we will see the same outcome when we play in Silsbee.

I want to thank the HJ administration along with the Hardin County Sheriffs department for all their cooperation in helping me broadcast this game. As was stated, it was standing room only and where I was perched at, it was very crowded. Without the help of those officials providing me some viewing space, it would have been very difficult to do the game. It may have looked like I had an entourage around me, as I had as many as 20 people surrounding my broadcast table, but I appreciate the help I got in providing this broadcast.

To sum it up, just another exciting broadcast of an exciting Silsbee/HJ game. So what's new?

Control of the district is clearly in Silsbee's hands.  They have way more athletes than HJ.  It would take a catastrophe of biblical proportions for Silsbee to lose a district game.  HJ will lose big to Silsbee at Silsbee and make the playoffs as the #2 seed from the district but will not get past Silsbee in the regional tournament.  This by no means says HJ is horrible, as they are clearly better than the remaining teams in the district.  It means they should continue to fight but don't expect much in the head to head matchup with Silsbee.

Well, putting it simply, Silsbee is the better team. By that I mean that Silsbee just has more players than what HJ has. Each team's first 3-4 players are fairly equal, give or take a few. But the next 3-4, Silsbee is far better, a definite significance. The Tigers just have too many weapons for the Hawks to handle.

As for the game, well starting off having it standing room only BEFORE the jv game, should tell you what kind of excitement was in the air by the time the varsity got tipped off. After a 5-5 tie with about 4 1/2 minutes left in the first, Silsbee's Nick Walters drained a three, to put Silsbee up 8-5. It was a lead that the Tigers never gave up the rest of the game. Silsbee closed out the first leading 17-10. In the second, Silsbee extended their lead to as much as 14, 28-14, but after a few steals and a couple of three's by the Hawks, HJ ended the 2nd on a 16-8 run, trailing the Tigers at the half, 36-30. HJ actually cut it to 4, but Silsbee's Pheal Hill got a steal and a layup as time ran out in the first half.

The start of the 3rd quarter saw both teams exchange buckets before the Tigers started to pull away with some timely three pointers and some tough defense. Silsbee shut down HJ over the last 4 minutes of the quarter, finishing on a 14-4 run, closing out the 3rd with their biggest lead of the game so far, 54-38. Silsbee continued to put the defensive pressure on, as they contested what seemed like every HJ shot, getting some blocks and pounding the boards, limiting the Hawks to just one shot attempt. The Tigers extended their lead to as much as 20, 59-39, after getting a big three from Brady Byars. The Hawks then started to make a run of their own with some steals and a couple of three's by Benard and Sutherland, cutting the Tiger lead all the way down to 7, at 62-55, with just 1:40 remaining in the game. But the Tigers were able to shut down HJ the remainder of the game, getting a couple of key blocks and then hitting a few freethrows down the stretch, winning it by 10, 65-55.

Silsbee's ability to bottle up Benard limited the Hawks from making any big run on the Tigers. With Turner in foul trouble early and both Burrell and Benard finding it tough inside, HJ played behind the 8 ball pretty much all night. Silsbee's athleticism and overall team height was just too much for the shorter Hawks to handle. The Tigers pounded them on the boards and either blocked, altered, or contested just about every shot the Hawks took. Offensively, Silsbee showed patience, as they worked to get open shots, getting some uncontested three's, and penetrating inside, dishing off to the bigmen down low. Shannon was his usual self, controling the flow, getting the ball to his shooters and creating his own shot when needed. Hill did what he always does and attacked the basket with the confidence of a '6"6 wingman and not the '5"9 guard that he is. He also ripped down some key rebounds for the Tigers. Walters and Byars did their thing from the three point line but also did a great job defensively, using their bigger bodies on the smaller Hawks. Prentice Lane I thought played one of his best defensive games all year, getting some steals, blocking a few shots, and altering others with his '6"1 athletic frame. Stallworth and Thomas provided enough inside presence as they limited the Hawks to just one shot, banging the boards both on the offensive and defensive ends. D.C was able to get some offensive putbacks to help boost the Tiger scoring.

Like Lazeek said in his post, in the end, the Tigers were just too much for the Hawks. IMO, I think we will see the same outcome when we play in Silsbee.

I want to thank the HJ administration along with the Hardin County Sheriffs department for all their cooperation in helping me broadcast this game. As was stated, it was standing room only and where I was perched at, it was very crowded. Without the help of those officials providing me some viewing space, it would have been very difficult to do the game. It may have looked like I had an entourage around me, as I had as many as 20 people surrounding my broadcast table, but I appreciate the help I got in providing this broadcast.

To sum it up, just another exciting broadcast of an exciting Silsbee/HJ game. So what's new?

You looked like the Godfather last night and that was all your bodyguards surrounding you :D :D

No doubt Silsbee is taller and deeper than HJ, but deffinately not too much for HJ to handle. Silsbee has a great team, and they played a great game. We did not, but we could meet up a couple of more times and you never know what could happen. That was the second time I saw silsbee play and they deffinately have what it takes to go all the way if they can keep their heads straight, good luck to both teams the rest of the year. It was nice meeting you too mactiger and AAW.

How many starters does do Silsbee and HJ lose this year?

HJ loses starters Benard and Burrell, they return '6"0 Turner, '5"7 Gustafson and '6"3 Ricossa. HJ also loses Klages and Spell, Klages being one of their top reserves. The Hawks return '5"9 Sutherland, '6"0 Venable, '6"0 Weldon, '6"2 Nobles, and recently brought up '6"2 Anderson.

Silsbee loses starters Robinson and Walters, they return '5"9 Hill, '6"4 Stallworth and '6"2 Lane. Silsbee also loses Byars, Archer and Skinner, with Byars being a crucial reserve that will graduate. Silsbee has '6"6 Thomas, '6"6 Barnes and '6"2 Harris returning for them.

Of the HJ returnee's 5 are juniors, 3 are soph. Of the Silsbee returnee's, 2 are juniors, 4 are soph.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder