Any newcomers predicted to have a big year or make an impact in District 19-4A?

RIP09

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Baseball Junkie

I'd have to agree with Eagle07. I would expect the Henscey kid to have a big year. I watched this kid play in the HMSL wood bat league and was very impressed. The kid can hit and hit quality pitching with power. I watched him go 4-5 with a couple of doubles against quality pitchers from some of the top 5a schools. He is a very good outfielder as well, good range and gets a great jump on the ball. I can't believe this kid wasn't a starter for you guys last year.

I'd have to agree with Eagle07. I would expect the Henscey kid to have a big year. I watched this kid play in the HMSL wood bat league and was very impressed. The kid can hit and hit quality pitching with power. I watched him go 4-5 with a couple of doubles against quality pitchers from some of the top 5a schools. He is a very good outfielder as well, good range and gets a great jump on the ball. I can't believe this kid wasn't a starter for you guys last year.

Starter ???? He wasn't even on the varsity...can you believe that  ??? ??? ::) ::);) ;)

Guest Baseball Junkie

Wow! I watched a lot of teams last year that could have used him on there team. Is he slated to be a starter this year? ??? Is he getting any interest at the college level?

Wow! I watched a lot of teams last year that could have used him on there team. Is he slated to be a starter this year? ??? Is he getting any interest at the college level?

I watched from the front row..a team that could've used him.  ;)

Yes, he will (should ) start this year...yes will probably play JUCO.

A ball masher.... and a good kid.

I would also add Matt Peterson to the list from BH in 19-4a. He will be one of our best pitchers if not the best. Fastball in the mid 80's with the possibility of being consistently in the high 80's and a fantastic slider. No slouch at the plate either with plenty of power.

I would also add Matt Peterson to the list from BH in 19-4a. He will be one of our best pitchers if not the best. Fastball in the mid 80's with the possibility of being consistently in the high 80's and a fantastic slider. No slouch at the plate either with plenty of power.

If he is in the mid-eighties then is not the fastest--Smesny in Dayton is @89 with a good change up and a nasty curve

Guest patriot117

I honestly do not know. He did not pitch that much for the Sundevils last summer on the 16U team. At that time, he was in the low 80's.

He has really committed to getting stronger and is working on some mechanics. The Sundevil staff is outstanding and having Coach Chris Rupp at GCM will only make him better. I really think he will take it up a notch this year.

Guest rambleonus

I hope Kingwood Park will make an impact.  Last year KP competed in 22-3A with fresh and sophs winning the district with an 11-1 record.  Loosing to Giddings 2 games to 1 in the playoffs.  Not many young schools can say they have playoff experience like KP can.  Not talking for anyone else but I'm hoping the kids will get 1 of the 4 playoff spots.  It will be tough, but seeing BH and some of the other established teams in the district will really help with next years team.  IT will be tough with no seniors tho.  If we win more than we loose I'll be happy.

Lots of good baseball in the Kingwood area--seniors or not they will be very competitive

I agree. Kingwood Park will be very competitive. I look for them to secure a playoff spot.

Two other kids I forgot to mention.....w/ Dayton being new to 19-4A, obviously Smesny will have an impact. Also, Daniel Mitchell is another BH Eagle pitcher that could also have a good year. 

Guest rambleonus

For KP look for JR. Austin Salter  P/1B, JR. Tyler Nichols P/SS, Soph. Sam Gee DH/1B.  Salter had an ERA under 1 with BBs under 10.  He was undefeated in district.  Nichols was also undefeated in district  with an ERA of a little over 1.  Both those guys hit HRs in the playoff series with Giddings.  Sam Gee is a flat out pure hitter.  He can smash the ball for a soph.  He led the team in HRs last year.

Guest rambleonus

Falconfantic you are correct 22-3A is a very weak district.  How else can one explain the success of KP last year with such a young team?  As for co-champs you are also correct.  Coach Thames at KP wanted to settle with co-champs and flip for the bye but the Tarkington coach wanted to play a 3rd game to settle the district championship and the bye.  KP won that game 11-4.

Barbers Hill should have a lot of new faces step up this year and for the next few years. The JV them only lost one game last year and one tie. There are a lot of good athletes just waiting for thier chance to play Varsity Ball in Barbers Hill. I'am not saying they will be great for a few years but they will be on or near the top each year in this District.

Barbers Hill should have a lot of new faces step up this year and for the next few years. The JV them only lost one game last year and one tie. There are a lot of good athletes just waiting for thier chance to play Varsity Ball in Barbers Hill. I'am not saying they will be great for a few years but they will be on or near the top each year in this District.

I agree. Most of the BH kids just finished up playing 3 weeks of doubleheaders at Baseball USA. This team has the potential to very good. The new pitching has looked good w/ Peterson, Burditt, Mitchell, and Rocha. This year's team will probably be a better hitting team overall than last year's. I see them taking the district title again this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder