Who is the Best to come out of your school

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weaver Ned. '83

I think it was Becnol. '02 I think. He was really good! LSU wanted him until he blew out his knee the beginning of his senior year.

I didn't see Becnol so I can't compare the two but Weaver is the only Ned player I know that played in a NCAA National Championship for University of Houston. 

Well I never saw Weaver either but I know what Becnol can still do and he still is a beast.

I have no idea what Weaver could do now.  But I would think after 25 years that he would have slowed down a step or two. ;D  I wish Nederland had more than just two players to debate.

If this Nederland team wins some playoff games Hammond has to receive some consideration, and Forney is already a beast when he gets on the block and he still has to years left.

Weaver was the best Nederland has had, hands down, followed by Hefner/English.

Weaver Ned. '83

I think it was Becnol. '02 I think. He was really good! LSU wanted him until he blew out his knee the beginning of his senior year.

I didn't see Becnol so I can't compare the two but Weaver is the only Ned player I know that played in a NCAA National Championship for University of Houston. 

Well I never saw Weaver either but I know what Becnol can still do and he still is a beast.

I have no idea what Weaver could do now.  But I would think after 25 years that he would have slowed down a step or two. ;D  I wish Nederland had more than just two players to debate.

If this Nederland team wins some playoff games Hammond has to receive some consideration, and Forney is already a beast when he gets on the block and he still has to years left.

Weaver was the best Nederland has had, hands down, followed by Hefner/English.

Those three are the best I have seen at Nederland including the current team.  Chris and Dionte are good but they are not in the same league as Weaver, Hefner, or English. 

Dionte has a chance to be with those three, as he's only a sophomore.... time will tell.  Wish he could jump like Hefner... dome almost couldn't hold him.

:o :o :o :o :o What no BumbleBees ???????  Tsk Tsk 

Earl Evans

R C Mullins  Ronnie Halliburton

B J Tyler

Mike Jaco

Stephen Jackson

Emanuel Mcelroy

Anthony Allen

Long Goody Allen    Bryan Sallier

Thad Sanders

Kelvin Mckyer

Donzell Henton

Man the list is so long I cant put em all on here so dont be mad if someone you know aint on here, having a brain fart or something. Winning just came natural at the hive, and we all know who ran Southeast Tx( Houston included) for well over 40 years....LINCOLN H S  BEES...... and to the guy who posted the Central HS all time how could you forget Perry Hill that lil dude was a monster.....

Guest bleed orange

PN-G   Joel Lafleur ( hand down )

There was a kid back in the eighties I believe his name was Bobby Strafface that was pretty dang good. I think that is his name. I could be wrong. Someone help me out from PNG. Orangefield had a kid that could play for 6'6" in Johnathan Livingston. It was the early 2000's or late 1990's I believe. But he never realized his potential.

PN-G   Joel Lafleur ( hand down )

There was a kid back in the eighties I believe his name was Bobby Strafface that was pretty dang good. I think that is his name. I could be wrong. Someone help me out from PNG. Orangefield had a kid that could play for 6'6" in Johnathan Livingston. It was the early 2000's or late 1990's I believe. But he never realized his potential.

Yes his name was Bobby Straface,  I think he ended up playing baseball for LU.

Bobby was pretty good, but he could only shoot.  He was a Senior when Lafleaur was a freshman starting on that PN-G team.  They were the starting guards and Lafleur ( a freshman ) was the one that would have to bring the ball down court against Lincolns full court press because Straface could not do it. 

ForeverADog must be Dionte lol

Definitely not but I used to play with him when he was in 8th grade and even then he was good enough to start for varsity.

And how about Travis Hearne for PN-G? Guy was recruited to Cincinnati to play with Kenyon Martin back when they were good but passed it up for baseball. But the man could straight up play.

Guest Ricthepic

Just a couple of thoughts concerning Nederland's best ever. Jamie Weaver hands down. University of Houston Phi Slama Jama, and University of Hawaii. As far as Kody Becnel, excellent player, 24 points per game as a senior till he was injured. But, LSU never offered anything. Not many from SE Tex could play in the SEC. Doesn't take anything away from Becnels career. A name that has not come up is Corey Loupe. 27 points a game his junior year,(97-98) 4th in the state in scoring. Scored 45 on Ozen. Senior averaged 24 and 10. 1800 career points. Excellent player and great competitor

Whew !!! bees85 there are some straight up players on your list.I gotta agree with Kountzer about Anthony Manning and James Brannon from Kountze,they could flat out play.They also had a kid named Shaw,I think his first name was Wesley who could fill it up.These were all old school players.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin