Meet the Poster dinner! Thur. January 29th, 6:00pm @ Catfish Village Silsbee

Guest rykerx144

If this meeting,w/auction items toward athletic help programs turns out to be a great thing for our area maybe some schools could donate a game ball-recently the Liberty-Dayton noon Lions Club Auction on Tradeo-99.9 FM KSHN sold @ auction a Dayton game ball for over 500.00-with 2 other team balls bringing hundreds each.Just a Thought.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this meeting,w/auction items toward atheletic help programs turns out to be a great thing for our area maybe some schools could donate a game ball-recently the Liberty-Dayton noon Lions Club Auction on Tradeo-99.9 FM KSHN sold @ auction a Dayton game ball for over 500.00-with 2 other team balls bringing hundreds each.Just a Thought.

I'll bid a bill on an Ardist Conner autographed football!!!

And to think at one time folks from all over came to eat at FRANK'S on the hill in Dayton for some of the best steaks/seafood/oyster bar and homemade pies.Nothing in the county of Liberty has ever came close for great food since.Locals also favored the cold draft beer in frozen mugs.Any idea of how many confirmed will come thurs.29th Mr.Coop?

And to think at one time folks from all over came to eat at FRANK'S on the hill in Dayton for some of the best steaks/seafood/oyster bar and homemade pies.Nothing in the county of Liberty has ever came close for great food since.Locals also favored the cold draft beer in frozen mugs.Any idea of how many confirmed will come thurs.29th Mr.Coop?

Personally, I remember the Rainbow Cafe in Liberty as being a great place to eat.

Personally, I remember the Rainbow Cafe in Liberty as being a great place to eat.

Rainbow Cafe was in dayton at the intersection of Hwy 90 and Hwy 321. I was pretty young when it closed... don't remember eating there.

ROT used to come to the Rainbow...he truly is an Old Timer!!

Frank's had the best gumbo I've ever tasted to this day (and the better half is from New Orleans and doesn't appreciate that too much).  Unfortunately, I can't take her there and prove it.

When former Jasper alumni Johnny Lindsey owned the Rainbow the food was real good-later not so good.At Frank's everybody loved their own house dressing made w/miracle whip-french dressing-paprika-garlic powder-salt & pepper..The #1 steak was the Club-second choice the filet mignon wrapped w/bacon and you pick your steak from the case.Only Mama Don's made a better burger as they buttered and lightly toasted the bun.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder