2008 Class 1A-2A All Eastexsports.com Team

This is the hidden content, please

Teams from southeast Texas that were eligible for these awards were Newton, Kirbyville and Woodville.  Player of the year went to Cayuga's RB, Traylon Shead, who was the AP 1A player of the year.  The kid is a beast on the field (and the court) and is being recruited by Texas.  He has a highlight video on youtube you should check out.

Guest rykerx144

you mean to tell me that this is only a 2a and 1a list and the best kirbyville can do is musgrove on 2nd team and b.jackson third team and Hazelwood honorable mention?  The ap must have came up with this list too.  This is a joke.  I hate that my printer is broke because i could print this and save some toilet paper next time i needed to go!

As the ringleader of EastexSports.com and responsible for finalizing the list, I would enjoy it if you could tell me who was left off of the list and who they should replace.  It is posts like this that make it hard to do what we do.  You are basically saying the kids who were recognized did not deserve it.

How about appreciating the accomplishments of all of these young men instead of making a joke out of what this list represents.  And in case you were wondering, there is A LOT more to East Texas 1A and 2A football besides Kirbyville....

Guest curtissimo

you mean to tell me that this is only a 2a and 1a list and the best kirbyville can do is musgrove on 2nd team and b.jackson third team and Hazelwood honorable mention?  The ap must have came up with this list too.  This is a joke.  I hate that my printer is broke because i could print this and save some toilet paper next time i needed to go!

The kids that were recognized deserved what they got from what I saw. I've seen alot of them play.  They coulda showed K-ville a lil more love, but like HubTx said there is alot more to east texas 1a and 2a than Kirbyville.

well there may be more to 1a-2a than just kirbyville, but there were only 4 teams that went to that title game in 2a and as for as I'm concerned, Kirbyville deserved more love..sorry..jmo! And kids from caluga...where the heck is caluga anyway? Did they even make it to the playoffs? I think its disrespectful to these kids who play their hearts out, make it to the title game and this is how easttexassports.com repays them for it? 2nd and 3rd string..oh yea and honorable mention. Whatever! I'm with ryker..this is a JOKE!!!!

Well everyone from Kirbyville on our board was given the same opportunity as everyone else to nominate players.  We received ZERO nominations from Kirbyville, so to me, it is a joke that the fans who sit and complain when the kids aren't where they want them didn't take the time to nominate.

If you feel like Kirbyville gets cheated on our site, then feel free to come join the forums and let your voice be heard.

well there may be more to 1a-2a than just kirbyville, but there were only 4 teams that went to that title game in 2a and as for as I'm concerned, Kirbyville deserved more love..sorry..jmo! And kids from caluga...where the heck is caluga anyway? Did they even make it to the playoffs? I think its disrespectful to these kids who play their hearts out, make it to the title game and this is how easttexassports.com repays them for it? 2nd and 3rd string..oh yea and honorable mention. Whatever! I'm with ryker..this is a JOKE!!!!

Its Cayuga..lol.   Cayuga did make the playoffs, lol.  In fact they also went to the state title game in 1A.  I saw their basketball team over the summer, all of those kids play football, including 1A player of the year Traylon Shead (whos being recruited by Texas).  Cayuga may only be 1A, but they have got some unbelievable athletes there.  In basketball, they didnt even step foot on the court till a week or 2 ago and were still ranked #1 in TABC.   Cayuga was the best 1A football team in east texas so they were gonna have some players get awards.

Well everyone from Kirbyville on our board was given the same opportunity as everyone else to nominate players.  We received ZERO nominations from Kirbyville, so to me, it is a joke that the fans who sit and complain when the kids aren't where they want them didn't take the time to nominate.

If you feel like Kirbyville gets cheated on our site, then feel free to come join the forums and let your voice be heard.

I know that we will be including Kirbyville in our All Setxsports teams, so Hub, it would probably have been better that they were not even considered for the Easttexsports teams. We will always include Kirbyville, Newton, and Woodville in our coverage but not necessarily the teams in their respective district. Kind of like Jasper, we will cover those guys, but not the rest of their district when considering these all-star teams.

I can understand including these teams in the Easttex coverage, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

Guest rykerx144

As the ringleader of EastexSports.com and responsible for finalizing the list, I would enjoy it if you could tell me who was left off of the list and who they should replace.  It is posts like this that make it hard to do what we do.  You are basically saying the kids who were recognized did not deserve it.

How about appreciating the accomplishments of all of these young men instead of making a joke out of what this list represents.  And in case you were wondering, there is A LOT more to East Texas 1A and 2A football besides Kirbyville....

well, just an example, according to your list

Julius Hurndon, Daingerfield; Dadrian Powell, New Waverly; Bryan Waters, Winona, Henry Faulk, Grapeland; Reggie King, Mount Enterprise; Trevor Wait, White Oak, Chad Atchley, Simms Bowie; Kendrick Davis, Grapeland; Jerod Griffin, Cayuga, Eric Davis, Woodville; Trey McGowan, Kerens; Michael Meserole, Hooks; Chris Savala, West Rusk; Colton Turbeville, Scurry-Rosser; Garrett Williams

have all had better years than Broderick Jackson from Kirbyville, well if this is true then somebody better call Rice cause their going to be very upset!!

ryker, why are you listing off all of the linebackers?

Did Broderick Jackson play as a linebacker or a defensive back?

Aggies,  we have always included those three schools in our coverage area because we cover the entire districts they are in.  We also include Jasper because they are in 18-3A.  Boundary lines are something that I have worked closely with Jordan to define.

Julius Hurndon, Daingerfield; Dadrian Powell, New Waverly; Bryan Waters, Winona, Henry Faulk, Grapeland; Reggie King, Mount Enterprise; Trevor Wait, White Oak, Chad Atchley, Simms Bowie; Kendrick Davis, Grapeland; Jerod Griffin, Cayuga, Eric Davis, Woodville; Trey McGowan, Kerens; Michael Meserole, Hooks; Chris Savala, West Rusk; Colton Turbeville, Scurry-Rosser; Garrett Williams

have all had better years than Broderick Jackson from Kirbyville, well if this is true then somebody better call Rice cause their going to be very upset!!

ryker, Broderick getting a scholarship from Rice has nothing to do with what player had better years. It's based on ability, skill, and potential. These players that you named may have had better seasons statisticly, but that doesn't make them better college prospects. These all-star teams are only based on what the player did this season, not if he is getting a football scholarship.

ryker, why are you listing off all of the linebackers?

Did Broderick Jackson play as a linebacker or a defensive back?

Aggies,  we have always included those three schools in our coverage area because we cover the entire districts they are in.  We also include Jasper because they are in 18-3A.  Boundary lines are something that I have worked closely with Jordan to define.

That's fine with me, Hub.

So, when Kirbyville was in our 3A district down here, you guys covered us as well? I did not know that.

No, we did not cover Kirbyville then because that district did not include any of our East Texas teams.

Basically the difference in our site and yours is that you guys are "team" specific.... We cover "districts".... We feel that even though Kirbyville is not in "East Texas" the fans from Corrigan and Shelbyville and other areas that are "East Texas" will want to know what is going on there....

Basically, Kirbyville and Newton and Jasper and Woodville will go in and out of our site with realignment....  For instance, we used to cover Colmesneil, and we do not anymore.... Same with Livingston and Huntsville... Once realignment comes out every two years, we redefine our coverage area....

Hope that clears it up a little....

Guest rykerx144

ryker, Broderick getting a scholarship from Rice has nothing to do with what player had better years. It's based on ability, skill, and potential. These players that you named may have had better seasons statisticly, but that doesn't make them better college prospects. These all-star teams are only based on what the player did this season, not if he is getting a football scholarship.

Yes I relize that!  I was just using that as an example and it might have just been a bad example.  I just dont agree with these lists.  They are not very accurate.  There are just so many talented kids in the area and it very hard to come up with the best at a postion.  I realize it makes the kids on the list very proud and they deserve that but I also know its very disheartening to alot more than it benefits. thats just my opinion.

Guest curtissimo

Its Cayuga..lol.   Cayuga did make the playoffs, lol.  In fact they also went to the state title game in 1A.  I saw their basketball team over the summer, all of those kids play football, including 1A player of the year Traylon Shead (whos being recruited by Texas).  Cayuga may only be 1A, but they have got some unbelievable athletes there.  In basketball, they didnt even step foot on the court till a week or 2 ago and were still ranked #1 in TABC.   Cayuga was the best 1A football team in east texas so they were gonna have some players get awards.

Saw on rivals.com where shead rushed for 3,500 yards this year. What a beast! Can't wait to see what he does next year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder