Is your Time Warner cable out?

Guest ECBucFan

Guest ECBucFan

I don't have any channels above 20, and ESPN is 33.  >:(  I guess I am going to miss more bowl games (just got off work). Is anyone else having this Time Warner trouble right now?

My cable is working but my lower channels continue to be fuzzy. Is anyone else having this problem in the Mid County area? This has been a problem for a while now and the only solution may be to go satellite. Everytime i call TW they say it will be fixed soon. Losing patience.

Guest ECBucFan

Thats what I am getting, The "fixed soon" line. I started calling around 1 PM, and they tell me they are "working on it".  ::) I am only getting about 5 or 6 of the 77 channels I supposed to.  >:(

Guest ECBucFan

Have you tried rebooting your cable box? It may or may not help.

I live in Nederland and mine is working fine for now.

No box, straight in cable line... but thanks. TW tells me it is a system problem for the whole Winnie area.  >:(  I wanted to see OSU tonight!

Guest ECBucFan

Thank you, thats good to hear. Does it serve multiple TV's? I ask because with a house full of teenagers and kids, we have 4 TV's. Also, the old rumor was that rain and clouds hurt the signal, but you sound like you are happy. Thanks for your info!

Thank you, thats good to hear. Does it serve multiple TV's? I ask because with a house full of teenagers and kids, we have 4 TV's. Also, the old rumor was that rain and clouds hurt the signal, but you sound like you are happy. Thanks for your info!

Yes it does serve multiple TV's.  You can get as many boxes as you need.  You can lose the signal if it is raining real hard, but really I hardly ever lose the signal.  Never lost a signal just because it's cloudy.  I currently have Dish and love it.  I've had Directv in the past, but I like Dish better.  They are both really the same.  I will never go back to cable.

Thank you, that's good to hear. Does it serve multiple TVs? I ask because with a house full of teenagers and kids, we have 4 TVs. Also, the old rumor was that rain and clouds hurt the signal, but you sound like you are happy. Thanks for your info!

Yes it does serve multiple TVs.  You can get as many boxes as you need.  You can lose the signal if it is raining real hard, but really I hardly ever lose the signal.  Never lost a signal just because it's cloudy.  I currently have Dish and love it.  I've had Directv in the past, but I like Dish better.  They are both really the same.  I will never go back to cable.

I have DishNetwork and I also love it. I have the dual tuner DVR boxes(so I can record) and my son LOVES it. I think I have every Spongebob cartoon ever made!!!! And IF you loose signal, you have 150 or so hours of recorded material to watch. I have only lost signal once or twice for a couple hours (just ending 2 yr contract)........Ike did NOT effect my TV......that's also a selling point!

Negative.........If you have to call customer service, relax, get your beer ready, eat something, and plan on spending a few hours on the phone if it's something serious. Most are also hard to understand because English is not their first language.

Overall, blows away cable. When I converted over, I called TW to see if they would meet their price due to so many extra channels......the answer was a quick NO. They could of cared less.........

All I know is, if I lose one single channel tomorrow with SomeTime Warner, Direct TV or Dish Network will be showing up at my house within a week. I get tired of paying so much for TV and not getting good service. As far as the second language of the DTV operators, have you talked to TW lately, since the move to ElPaso most of them or ESL people. Not intentionally downing our southern neighbors their.

Guest ECBucFan

Actually, those are good changes for the Winnie area. We don't get the Beaumont Fox 64 channel, but now I guess we will. Dish and Direct in Winnie carry the local Houston TV stations, instead of 4,6, and 12. Nonetheless, if I keep losing channels in 2009, I will be GONE from TW.

Guest jackbquick

DirecTV has a deal right now for 4 receivers, free installation, and over 150 channels including NFL network with locals for about 70.00 a month. i have had it for about 2 months and love it. i went dish network which was ok and have had TW and Directv is the best in my opinion. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder