Cody Green or Russell Shephard or Tyrik Rollison

pack16

Cody Green   230 - 354   64.97%   3195 yards   37 TDs   6 INT

214 carrys  1506 yards  7 yards a carry   25 TDs

Russell Shephard  116 - 211  54.98%  1843 yards  20 TDs  4 INT

257 carrys 1946 yards  7.5 yards per carry 28 TDs

Tyrik Rollison  4712 yards  53 TDs

1092 yards  14 TDs

On this topic I would pick Cody Green on the basis he would be quick to learn offensive plays and read defenses-He is a scholar student graduating early and will arrive at Nebraska Jan.15.Second he already has the size and is a dual threat QB.Cody as a soph.in 2006 was one of the state's most scouted atheletes w/1,400 yds=22 tds.and he missed last year with a leg injury.GG is not on this post so I cannot pick him but if he were it would be shoein for sure.

Just by looking at the stats you'd have to go with TR, then Cody.  After seeing both CG and TR play they were pretty even, neither one stood out more than the other IMO, both were just spectacular.  I have never seen Shephard play, can't give an opinion.  I do know it will be fun watching them play on Saturdays!

You would be wrong in thinking that I'd never seen him play.  He looked like a good high school QB to me but I don't think he translates well to college.  Of course, I really don't think that Russell Shepherd does either but that's just me.  I'd take Jacob Karaam over both...and Garrett Gilbert still tops in my book. 

Of course I don't scout, recruit, analyze, or coach so it's just the opinion of a fairly educated football fan.  I've been wrong before and the one thing I'll guarantee is I'll be wrong again.

What are we picking them for High School or College

High School i'd go with Tyrik

College i would go with Cody

(the other guy i know nothing about)

Cody can learn a play book, one can't spell play book

But then again Vince Y. was a excellent high school player, great college player, i doubt he can spell NFL, had the lowest wonderlik score (6) in the history of low wonderlik scores

All of these guys are great QBs.  Rollison beat Beaver (and looked better) in head to head competition this year.  This was before Beaver's injuries.  I thought that Rollison looked better than CG, even though CG is a good QB.  Rollison doesn't have the athletes that CG had to throw to.  I've never seen GG or SB play.  From what everyone is saying though, GG is in a league of his own. 

What are we picking them for High School or College

High School i'd go with Tyrik

College i would go with Cody

(the other guy i know nothing about)

Cody can learn a play book, one can't spell play book

But then again Vince Y. was a excellent high school player, great college player, i doubt he can spell NFL, had the lowest wonderlik score (6) in the history of low wonderlik scores

It's WONDERLIC.....  Who can't spell?  I hope that sums up what everyone here thinks of Matt's post.

He is a great high school QB.One of your own hometown posters said he had some trouble w/grades earlier that kept him out of another sport.CG is a scholar athelete-already graduated and gone to Nebraska.No disrespect intended,but at the next level they like smart students to teach playbooks.

He is a great high school QB.One of your own hometown posters said he had some trouble w/grades earlier that kept him out of another sport.CG is a scholar athelete-already graduated and gone to Nebraska.No disrespect intended,but at the next level they like smart students to teach playbooks.

Hmm...  Notice the tense of your own words...  He had to re-focused his efforts and that is no longer a problem.  He didn't seem to have any problems with learning a playbook this year.  He did play on the best offense in the nation this year (and top 5 national all time).  Check out maxpreps.com 

This is the hidden content, please

The "poor grade" argument is tired anyways.  To me, it sounds like you're calling him stupid.

No sir.I'm not in to name callin.I did not post it-your fan did.Some of your folks posted TR was going to TT where JK is signed.I just cannot put a finger on why with TR's stats he has not signed w/a D1 school.You tell us what's up and keep us posted of any news.Hope the young man the best.

Personally, I don't think its relative to compare elite athletes as far as saying one is better than the other therefore casting a shadow on the runner-ups. To me that's just politics like comparing the apples to oranges thing. Each athlete as there own particular set of attributes with very little down side, bottom line its called talent .One person or team might prefere one over the other and that's fine,but to try and promote your choice by looking for a blemish in the other isn't fair or objective. The SS/Dayton state final was the most exciting game I ever witnessed, talent boiling over on both sides. And after seeing Tyrik Rollison for the first time I was very impressed with his speed,skill and his precision passes.  How many teams would kill to have a Ty Rollison,Cody Green,and my favorite  AJ Dugat winning games for their school !!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317