MARK MANGINO - Head Football Coach

Kansas Jayhawks, 2002 to current

2007 Walter Camp Coach of the Year

2007 The Home Depot Coach of the Year Award

2007 Paul "Bear" Bryant Award

2000 Broyles Award for Assistant Coach of the Year

2000 National Champion OU Sooners Offensive Coordinator

Bachelor's Degree from Youngstown State, 1987

Sorry PNG fans, according to all reports found Coach Mangino does not have a MASTERS Degree. 

Good thing The Reservation is weeding out all of these unqualified coaches with their standards.

We couldn't afford to feed Mangino! ;D

But seriously, why are you guys so hung up on the Master thing? People get hired all the time that don't meet all the requirements set forth in the Job posting! I no for sure PNG will not be turning down any great applicant's because they don't have their masters.

But seriously, why are you guys so hung up on the Master thing? People get hired all the time that don't meet all the requirements set forth in the Job posting! I no for sure PNG will not be turning down any great applicant's because they don't have their masters.

Then why post them as "requirements"? I can see that all applicants will be considered but they would "prefer" a master degree.

Something in this process seems like they are trying to keep some or certain people from applying. I could care less what PNG does but this doesn't seem to pass the sniff test.

His resume isn't sufficient enough for PNG standards

MARK MANGINO - Head Football Coach

Kansas Jayhawks, 2002 to current

2007 Walter Camp Coach of the Year

2007 The Home Depot Coach of the Year Award

2007 Paul "Bear" Bryant Award

2000 Broyles Award for Assistant Coach of the Year

2000 National Champion OU Sooners Offensive Coordinator

Bachelor's Degree from Youngstown State, 1987

Sorry PNG fans, according to all reports found Coach Mangino does not have a MASTERS Degree. 

Good thing The Reservation is weeding out all of these unqualified coaches with their standards.

This should make you happy. You won't ever have to worry about PNG again, since we're going to bypass all the good coaches. I know there are no good ones with masters degrees(except three of the best in this area), so we are going to pass on all the good coaches and never win another game LOL. I'm not even sure what team you support, but if its another 20 4A team just be happy, were out of your way.

First we were crazy for letting Burnett go, now we are bypassing the best coaches.Like I said before if I supported some of the other teams I would not have wanted Burnett to go either. There sure is a lot of interest in what we are doing....?????????????hmmmmmmmmmm

I do know what the school boards intentions are, and I believe we will be just fine.

Why are you making fun of his weight?  Does it matter that he just happens to be a large man?

But seriously, PNG is hung up on the Master thing.  They have the highest of standards.  They are PNG!

Correct, he does not meet the qualifications listed for Head Coach and Athletic Director at PN-G.  I don't think anyone argues that there are outstanding coaches without Master's degrees, but it is a qualification outlined by the board.

This is nothing new, as the five coaches prior to MB (Ken Watson, Doug Ethridge, Butch Troy, Danny Malone, and Tim Owen) all had Master's degrees while serving as Head Coach/Athletic Director at PN-G.

Guest rykerx144

guys it is all just done in fun!  we realize the masters is just a requirment and its possible they will hire someone without one, but you are PNG and it is okay to have a little fun with yall right,  or is there any truth to the snobby uptight reputation you have received over the years?? 

Interviews will not take place until after the close date.  Just so everyone realizes that the PNG job is not the only one out there you can go to the TASA website and see all the openings in the state.  PNG is the last to hire which will make it tough to get a great coach.  Most of the coaches will have already accepted positions out there that are more attractive.  You can also look at the attached website for coaches salaries to get an idea of where PNG stands.

Coaching Jobs in the State

This is the hidden content, please

Coaches Salaries from 2005

Interviews will not take place until after the close date.  Just so everyone realizes that the PNG job is not the only one out there you can go to the TASA website and see all the openings in the state.  PNG is the last to hire which will make it tough to get a great coach.  Most of the coaches will have already accepted positions out there that are more attractive.  You can also look at the attached website for coaches salaries to get an idea of where PNG stands.

Coaching Jobs in the State

Coaches Salaries from 2005

good information...

Guest rykerx144

I am sick of you Indians complaining about people being jealous and hating on you.  You put yourself on that pedestal so don't get mad when people are looking up at you laughing.  Do not mistake dominance with money.  Money does buy you a new stadium, Money does buy you turf and a sixty foot score board, Money does allow you to pay a coach 100,000 dollars a year, and money does able you to require a masters degree when none of the other schools in the area can, but money also buys you a losing season with your only win coming from a team that is thinking about hiring a baseball coach as the AD.  Come on guys?  I am proud supporter of a 2A school that still waters the grass, the coaches take turns mowing the field, has a score board that was donated to them by a guy who fries chicken for a living, has a press box that is falling apart and pays their AD about what your janitor makes and they are just as proud of their program as you are.  They have just as many if not more supporters on this site than you do that keep it from being boring and they played for a state championship this month. So what did y'all do in the month of December? Oh yea, y'all removed your Coach of several years that has done nothing but dedicate his life to your program, for What?  Because you watched Central who wasn't even supposed make the playoffs go four deep in the playoffs, and you watched teams like Lumberton and Livington that has always been beneath you dominate you!  So you wanna talk about Jealousy, and Haters?  If that's what being a Indian is all about, and bleeding purple, then even though I live in Groves now,  Make no mistake IM A WILDCAT FAN!   

I am sick of you Indians complaining about people being jealous and hating on you.  You put yourself on that pedestal so don't get mad when people are looking up at you laughing.  Do not mistake dominance with money.  Money does buy you a new stadium, Money does buy you turf and a sixty foot score board, Money does allow you to pay a coach 100,000 dollars a year, and money does able you to require a masters degree when none of the other schools in the area can, but money also buys you a losing season with your only win coming from a team that is thinking about hiring a baseball coach as the AD.  Come on guys?  I am proud supporter of a 2A school that still waters the grass, the coaches take turns mowing the field, has a score board that was donated to them by a guy who fries chicken for a living, has a press box that is falling apart and pays their AD about what your janitor makes and they are just as proud of their program as you are.  They have just as many if not more supporters on this site than you do that keep it from being boring and they played for a state championship this month. So what did y'all do in the month of December? Oh yea, y'all removed your Coach of several years that has done nothing but dedicate his life to your program, for What?  Because you watched Central who wasn't even supposed make the playoffs go four deep in the playoffs, and you watched teams like Lumberton and Livington that has always been beneath you dominate you!  So you wanna talk about Jealousy, and Haters?  If that's what being a Indian is all about, and bleeding purple, then even though I live in Groves now,  Make no mistake IM A WILDCAT FAN!   

[move]Ouch!  Ouch!!!  Ouchyyyyy!!!  Ouch!  Ouch!!!  Ouchyyyyy!!!  [/move]   

:o :o :o :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder