*Kirbyville vs. Muleshoe State Title Game Updates/BROADCAST/MULES WIN!!!

KFDM COOP

Again, congratulations to KIRBYVILLE AND MULESHOE on making it to the state championship.  You should both be proud of yourselves as should your communities because the rest of us (at least WO-S and many more of us) are!!!

P.S.  I am not from Kirbyville and I am certainly not being emotional.  What I do know is that kids do get on these boards and might be a little offended by certain, unnecessary comments (humorous, of course) at their expense.  As fans, we adults might not be as affected as the players might be since we haven't been busting our butts all season to get this far.  It's not being emotional...it's just being a little mindful about who might be reading, that's all!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Humor is a wonderful thing, but not at the expense of yes...16, 17, & 18 year old kids.  You can humorous with a little class.

And, yes...everyone deserves a second chance and a little respect.  Please, don't take the wink personally because it really wasn't meant...LOL

Darn, you get me all excited then shoot me down...are you from Muleshoe?

Hmmm, must be a trick question, right?  My name is not MULE4LIFE...it's STANG4LIFE!  So, I think that even you might be able to deduce that I am not from Muleshoe. 

Again, congratulations to KIRBYVILLE AND MULESHOE on making it to the state championship.  You should both be proud of yourselves as should your communities because the rest of us (at least WO-S and many more of us) are!!!

P.S.  I am not from Kirbyville and I am certainly not being emotional.  What I do know is that kids do get on these boards and might be a little offended by certain, unnecessary comments (humorous, of course) at their expense.  As fans, we adults might not be as affected as the players might be since we haven't been busting our butts all season to get this far.  It's not being emotional...it's just being a little mindful about who might be reading, that's all!

I wasn't referring to you as being "emotional". I was talking to all of those who were attacking others for making a few "Humorous" comments...Atleast one KV fan became pretty agitated and a bit "emotional" over the whole thing...It's a football game and KV did get a mudhole stomped in their butt tonight. Big whoop! That doesn't take away from a great season. Besides, they stomped over a dozen mudholes in butts this year as well (ha) and it was all fun and games then. Let's just make sure we can wear both shoes, even the losing one without "wigging out" (ha).

Correction: I went back and looked..I guess it was you I was referring to. Nothing personal though. Just an observation by me.

I'm an AGGIE fan...Believe me, I've seen my share of "mudholes" (ha).

Well, well, well....tis a season of wonder, but the wonder ends.  I want to thank you all for supporting Adam and I on the commentating.  We had a blast, and hope to help out next year.  I for one will be more knowlegable, and more experienced (I hope), and be able to flow a bit better.  We had some other trhings planned tonight, but in light of the (well being behind), felt the fans (you) would not have appriciated some other songs, and celebrity guests.  But, our desire all sason long, was to get you to listen to us rather than the radio broadcasts for personal reasons (job security), and we thank you for that. 

Wildcats, I am proud of you all, and the fans that support you.  I am also proud and happy to be able to sharre knowledge with you....but Sharing time is over in days, and Finals begin....so drink some dr. pepper and get rid of those sorrows, and well....basketball season is starting...let one success lead to another...but studies first (at least for this week)

sin ( A + B ) = sin A cos B + cos A sin B.....and then some!!!

muleshoe was a very tuff team with a great offensive line that got away with more holding than any team i have ever seen

their guys held on almost every play i saw Randy trying to shake one boy right in front of a ref and he was holding like superglue on his Jersey

it was terrable not that they didn't make their mistakes but it gets frustrating pulling a man down the field every play and what was up with all the

illegal procedure calls before the line is even set i know this sounds like I'm wining but it was right in front of them and i know I'm not the only one who saw it. 

i feel really proud of the whole wildcat team man josh you got some steps  i will not degrade their season by taking this any further

its off my chest now

you guys are great    G  O    W  I  L  D  C  A  T  S

First things first...Congrats on a great season Wildcats!  Also, to the Muleshow Mules on a great season!  Very proud of the sportsmanship that both teams displayed last night!  Coach Wood and Alvarez have modeled their programs the way they all should be!    Kuddos to Coach Alvarez and his staff on a great season!  To the players on the team...Keep those chins up!  You have nothing to be ashamed of, and you have made Kirbyville and SETexas very proud of what you did this season!  I personally want to thank these boys for giving this old Wildcat a season he will never forget.  I spoke with Alvarez before the game and another coach that coached me in HS at Kville that still patrols the sideline.  We discussed what a great honor it was to be playing in a state title game after so many years of frustration and working back to becoming a successful program with alot of pride and honor!  Fans and players from both towns had the wide eyed look on their faces before the game and it was amazing to be able to walk on the field before the game and mix in the action a little bit to see what it was like for the players.  Gave even me a few chills down the old spine to be in that atmosphere!

SETXsports.com....I also want to thank you for allowing myself and Dennis to broadcast these games all year.  It has been my honor to work for you and with you.  We had our times where we had conflicts with Ike and a few others but we got through them!  The tireless effort on our parts to get these games out for people to hear was a huge success.  We can't make everyone happy but that is the nature of the beast and I don't apologize one bit for anything!  We are volunteer's not professionals, and yet people expect to hear Joe Buck and Troy Aikman!  Sorry folks but you aren't going to get that from us!  This is like a part time gig and we have other lives outside of these games.  I have said many time that this isn't about money, it is about fun and that is what we had this year!  There are many memories that I have made this year that will stick with me the rest of my life, and that my friends is a privilege not an honor.  Thanks for listening!

Last but not least, I want to thank the sponsors.  Without them NONE of this would have even been possible!  That is the thing everyone needs to understand!  Jenny's Fried Chicken, First Bank and Trust of E Texas, Kirbyville CISD and many of you who have stood by us this season.  Thank you for everything that you have done!  You were our lifeline for these broadcasts and we sincerely appreciate it!

Thanks Again,

Adam Davis

Congrats Wildcats!!!! I love each and every one of yall... alot of yall ive been watching for years others a couple years i have became a wildcat fan by heart... Yall should be very proud of what you have done and how you have really brought your town and setx togeather...There is no reason to hang your heads at all you gave 2a heck this year but just came up short in the end.... thanks for giving me what yall have given me over the past years love yall... seniors dont ever give up on what you do in life reach for the stars!!!!! Next years team best of luck you know you have what it takes to get back there next year so bring one back!!!!

Travis

To Grizz, Coop, and Lefty,

Well said. These guys are the greatest. I have watched them play since the 7th grade. I am so proud of them. They are still our Champions and will be no matter what. This has been one of the finest seasons of football I have ever had the pleasure of watching them play.

We love every one of our Wildcats.

We can do this again next year.

So PROUD of all you Wildcats!!  You have done what other Wildcats and some other teams have not been able to do and that is make it to a State playoff and that in its self IS an accomplishment , which you should be proud of.  Congratulations on a Wonderful 08 season.  Thank you  Wildcats, for all the excitement and joy that you have brought to your fans.  I will miss going to all the games on Fridays , but will be looking forward to next year.  I WILL FOREVER LOVE THE KIRBYVILLE WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!!

Man I just want to say that I stumbled upon this site a couple off weeks ago. This is an awesome site and I wish we would of had this type of highschool coverage back in 1998 when I graduated from Woodville. Keep up the good work and see you all next year.

Grats wildcats on a great season.....I enjoyed watch ya'll play all season....

To the seniors i would like to say we will miss seeing you guys playing for us next year,

but you have shown the underclassmen what it takes to be the leaders and champions.

to the underclassmen you guys have some big shoes to fill but i'm sure you guys are up for the task.....

even though the state champion game didn't turn out the way we hope.......i would like to say you guys will always be

champions to me......good luck to all of ya'll.........can hardly wait til next year to take this ride with ya'll again...

Michael

Wow...what an amazing season! First I have to thank all the football players and coaches for making this season one I will never forget!!! You guys have a brought the spirit and life back into Kirbyville and you should be proud of yourselves. I think we might have left maybe 2 people back in kirbyville Saturday night. I was so proud to see the community and surrounding areas come out to support you. You guys played a heck of a football game and even though you fell short, YOU ARE HEROS in Kirbyville!!! My heart goes out to you guys because I know how much you wanted that trophy, but please never hang your heads because you have definetely accomplished more in the last 14 weeks that most could only dream of. WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!!!!

2nd I would like to thank setxsports and broadcasters for always being there for our team and supporting us. Adam and Dennis you guys have done a great job and I hope to see you guys back next year!

CONGRATS WILDCATS ON THE GREATEST SEASON EVER! WE LOVE YOU AND IN OUR EYES YOU STILL ARE #1 AND ALWAYS WILL BE!!!

And not to leave anyone out...WAY TO GO CHEERLEADERS AND WATERBOYS!!!

You showed those little waterboys what its like to be champions and when they start playing ball for kirbyville, they will always remember you and this season! ;) Thanks!!!

Your #1 FAN

Beaumont Enterprise

CHRISTOPHER DABE: Kirbyville players, fans have many reasons to be proud

By CHRISTOPHER DABE

December, 14, 2008

Three interceptions and a fumbled punt led to four touchdowns for the Muleshoe football team. That might be what Kirbyville football fans remember about a Class 2A Division I state championship loss suffered Saturday night.

But what fans will surely remember about the season is the undefeated record the Wildcats took into the title game. There are few things that could dampen a season that included a District 22-2A championship, a bragging-rights victory over neighboring Newton and a dominant run through the playoffs.

Few will forget the precise touch Aaron Hazlewood put on his passes and the acrobatic catches by Randy Musgrove. There were tough-as-nails runs by the Rice University-bound Broderick Jackson and the change-of-pace handoffs to Barry Burley and LeFredrick Ford.

Aaron Walters found his way into the Muleshoe backfield often enough to remind fans of his hard-charging ways through offensive lines all season.

Yes, many of the 4,000 or so fans on the Kirbyville side of the bleachers walked out of the near-filled Gopher-Warrior Bowl with tears and unrealized state championship dreams, but they had many reasons to be proud.

They should be proud of the way their Wildcats never quit Saturday. They trailed by three touchdowns midway through the fourth quarter but continued to hustle to the line of scrimmage and tried to push their way downfield. They scored a touchdown in the final minutes just to show that they didn't quit, no matter the score in a 48-26 loss.

Hazlewood's third interception proved to be the backbreaker, but there are no doubts the Wildcats season would have ended much earlier without the efforts of the right-handed senior. For the Hazlewood family, the game ended a five-year run in which he or older brother Drew served as the team's starting quarterback.

Although coach Jack Alvarez would much rather have seen his players - especially his seniors - finish the season with a championship, you can bet these players will hold a special spot in his heart.

Alvarez took the fall for his team's shortcoming by saying everything that happened Saturday - from the 11 penalties to the four turnovers -- was his fault. He said he didn't have the team prepared well enough. Whether that's true or not, you can bet he prepared his players in another way. There's plenty of reason to believe they'll look back on this state championship loss not with sadness but with pride in knowing they accomplished something never before done in school history.

As the team huddled around Alvarez for its final post-game talk on the field, he asked them to do something they've done after every game and during many practices this season. That's for each player to tap themselves on the chest. That, Alvarez said, is for them to remind each other to love each other. Many players bit lips to keep from crying and others - no matter how hard they tried - could not keep tears from streaming down their faces.

The team will return to Kirbyville tonight. They left Kirbyville Friday morning to a parade. They should look forward to a hero's welcome tonight, knowing that despite the loss, they'll always be champions in the eyes of a community.

This was a great article..thanks so much!!! AWESOME!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86