*Dayton vs. Sulphur Springs State Championship Predictions/2pm Alamodome!!*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right.  All the records, resumes (as you call it) and everything else goes out the window when the game starts.  But it builds confidence in your team when you know that you've been battle tested the way SS has this year and you've made it through the fire.  You know that you are polished and ready to go.  You know that you've seen speed, strength, size, courage, determination, coaching, belief, and the kitchen sink.  And you're still playing.  There is nothing that your opponent can do that you have not seen.  You have seen/faced the biggest and the fastest.  You've faced the most talented.  You know you came out of the loaded side of the bracket.  You know that when the opening kick is kicked, you will be ready to play.  You know that it is your year....your time.    

Tragic end for Eight Belles

Filly put down after second-place finish

By Mark Blaudschun

Globe Staff / May 4, 2008

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - In a moment of triumph, tragedy struck suddenly for Eight Belles, the only filly in yesterday's Kentucky Derby, who finished second to Big Brown.

more stories like thisAs Big Brown was making history by living up to his reputation as a super horse, Eight Belles broke down after finishing 4 3/4 lengths back.

Eight Belles, who was attempting to become the fourth filly to win the Derby, fractured both front ankles, injuries so severe that she was put down.

"She didn't have a front leg to stand on to be splinted and hauled off in the ambulance, so she was immediately euthanized," said track veterinarian Larry Bramlage. "Catastrophic injuries are something that we occasionally see in one [ankle] - it's not terribly unheard of. But in all my years of racing I've never seen it happen at the end of the race or during the race."

Trainer Larry Jones, whose other filly, Proud Spell, won the Kentucky Oaks Friday, expressed dismay and sadness.

"I watched her gallop around the turn," said Jones. "Her ears her up. So we went back toward the barn. We were ecstatic. We had won the Oaks and finished second in the Derby. We thought we just had a remarkable weekend."

Jones said his first indication that there might be a problem came when he saw jockey Kent Desormeaux, who had ridden Big Brown. "He was kind of solemn, which I thought was kind of odd for someone who had just won the Derby," said Jones.

"Then I heard that a horse broke down, but I thought it was one of the horses who had finished back in the pack, and then I saw my guy [Eight Belles jockey Gabriel Saez] riding a pony and I said, 'What's up,' and he said, 'Mr. Larry, they put her down.' "

Saez also had no idea that anything was wrong until the moment Eight Belles went down.

"After we passed the wire, I stood up," he said. "She started galloping funny and I tried to pull her up, but she went down."

Jones, trying to keep his emotions in check, said, "She had just run the race of her life. She was so calm in the paddock and she had run the race of her life. If she had been under any stress, I would have second-guessed myself [about entering her in the Derby].

"It's just one of those things, it's unexplainable. There are reasons for things happening, but I see no reason for this. But she was never in any pain. It was something that just had to be done. She went out as a champion."

It was the second time in three years that a Triple Crown race has been marred by tragedy, reminiscent of the injuries Barbaro sustained in the 2006 Preakness. Barbaro survived for months but the injuries eventually proved fatal

SAD SAD SAD STORY BUT HORSES THAT FINISH SECOND AND ARE HURT GET PUT DOWN IN THE END>>>  SATURDAY WILL BE ANOTHER SAD DAY IN THE EQUINE WORLD...

MEOW...look at me look at me.  They talk too much.  They are getting frantic because through all their boasting....doubt is creeping in....whoops...did you say too much? 

no doubt here...

But hey check the article on the other thread - your coaches are planning hard... maybe a little doubt there?

And your coaches aren't--- come down to earth dude your starting to OD on your own fanfair--- You guys afraid to post objective articles  ( and don't tell me there are any) from SS about Dayton  come on wheres the love...

Your acting as though your team is the only one that has been tested, hell every team in the playoffs thought just like ya'll do. The funny thing is that Last week Everman and Tivy thought they were the team of destiny. Lighten up and give both teams the respect and credit they are due. You never know what'll happen, hell you might be a Bronco fan when it's over and I'll tell what I think you probably could use the help I'll spring for the first couple of hats just to get the SS's Bronco fanclub a start!!

Your acting as though your team is the only one that has been tested, heck every team in the playoffs thought just like ya'll do. The funny thing is that Last week Everman and Tivy thought they were the team of destiny. Lighten up and give both teams the respect and credit they are due. You never know what'll happen, heck you might be a Bronco fan when it's over and I'll tell what I think you probably could use the help I'll spring for the first couple of hats just to get the SS's Bronco fanclub a start!!

dude - shut up!!! we don't wanna be friends!!! we want to knock each other's blocks off!

Second is the first loser!!!!!

Thay can join you

Now I know I'm dealing with a kid! Sounds like a teenage girl if you ask me. I'm way too old to be trying to explain things to a snot nosed kid. Someday you'll realize in the grand scheme of things this is nothing. It's fun and a diversion from life but 10 years from now nobody will even care. And the offer on the hats stands.

Now I know I'm dealing with a kid! Sounds like a teenage girl if you ask me. I'm way too old to be trying to explain things to a snot nosed kid. Someday you'll realize in the grand scheme of things this is nothing. It's fun and a diversion from life but 10 years from now nobody will even care. And the offer on the hats stands.

haha - please... I am totally aware that no one will care about this thread after Sunday when we tell you that your crow is ready.

Again - second is the first loser - but hey - you will be first at something!

Teenage might be a stretch.  ;)

This game worries me. Go Dayton!

Hey thats okay, they all worry me! But how cool is it to be worried about a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP game!!! SS has some great athletes and a very good team no doubt. But so do we. Irony has a funny way of working itself into the big games. Ala a field goal to win the semis. Who would have thought. So look for more surprises in Alamodome.

After the Friendswood game, I thought the defense might be our downfall this year. But now, it's our savior! Look for the defense to make a key stop or a big play to win a close one. Dayton Broncos win 42 - 35!

Wow...I do believe our predictions are exactly the same!!! Can't wait- 16 hours and counting.....

This is gonna be a good game! the one thing i really dont want is for one team to slaughter the other, it just kinda makes it no fun, a good ten point lead is one thing but i dont want the final score to be something like 53-17 or something.

These are a couple of offensively strong teams so my prediction is

Wildcats - 45

Broncos - 38

something like that...... GO CATS (but good luck to the broncos as well)

Great prediction with one little problem....reverse that....Broncos 45 Wildcats 38! ...now that's better and we got ourselves a perfect prediction!  :)

copied from Smoaky.com

We can all entertain this friendly banter while comparing stats, ratings, and districts but until Saturday we won't know who walks away with a State Championship trophey. By no means am I saying our SS Wildcats have it in the bag so please do not take this wrong when I say:

Don't take our word for it, take theirs:

Everman

"I don't know if you can do anything to slow Sulphur Springs down," coach Dale Keeling said. "We just didn't have the matchups. We didn't have anything to combat a quarterback who gets hot like that. If you're going to get to the next level, you've got to figure something out. We just have to fight like crazy to get back to that. It's hard to get to round five."

This is the hidden content, please

Denison

"I don't know how many hundreds of games I've coached in, and he's about as good as I've ever seen," White said.

**(referring to Ty Rollison)**

"Words can't describe how tough this is," senior guard Casey Fenn said. "To go 12-0 and lose like this is terrible. If it had been close it'd be a different story."

"They played better on defense than I thought they would," White said.

"It's been a great season. It really has," Fenn said. "They found a way that nobody had been able to do all season long."

Rockwall Heath

But in the end, the Hawks defense was not able to contain Sulphur Springs quarterback Tyrik Rollison, who completed 25 of 30 passes for 387 yards and 5 touchdowns. He also ran four yards and one yard for scores.

Sulphur Springs played nearly a flawless game, with no turnovers and only one penalty for five yards.

"We just ran out of time, but it was another great game for us," Moss said. "We came out on the losing end, but it was really a great game. I thought the kids played their best."

** With no discredit to Rockwall-Heath intended, their best wasn't good enough this go around. They had a solid team, and brought it on strong. However, in the end SS still won.**

Hallsville Leading the Sulphur Springs attack was quarterback Tyrik Rollison, who looked every bit of the top-ranked quarterback in the nation as some have ranked him.

)&p_field_date-0=YMD_date&p_params_date-0=date:B,E&p_text_date-0=-6qzM&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&xcal_useweights=no

Longview

"Sulphur Springs called plays from the line of scrimmage. You only had five or six seconds to get ready," Howard said. "What we did in that game made us play harder."

**Longview made the Wildcats play harder too, we might not be here without them**

To the Dayton fans on here: We really do like you too (well most of you  )... we can appreciate your dedication to your kids, coaches, and town. Our boys want it bad, so do yours. We know you wouldn't be here without being on your "A" game. I think everyone here can agree, there will be quite a show Saturday at 2 p.m. at the Alamodome!

I could sit here and copy and paste tons of positive comments by our coaching staff against teams we beat- did you get that...teams we beat, but I'll spare you as you will know all about it come tomorrow....in fact, I will copy and paste some of um for you on Sunday  :D

MUST SEE FOR BRONCO FANS....

Had internet trouble last night....

FINALLY...

The Purple and White Send off is online...

WHAT AN AWESOME DAY YESTERDAY WAS, AND WHAT AN EVEN GREATER DAY TODAY WILL BE!!!!

For those waking up in San Antonio this morning, ENJOY THE VIDEO!!!!

Try to get the players to watch this.

GO BRONCOS!!!!

Good luck Dayton, Bring home a state title.

Enyoy the trip and the experience. Nothing quite so special as a highschool Football playoff run in Texas. Especially for teams/communities that dont do it all the time. Have a safe trip, Godspeed, and best wishes from the Friendswood Mustangs.

Fatdaddy

I want to post a congrats to the broncos on a well fought game and a great season! You guys were great to watch and wonderful to share the stadium with.

Your fans were very "refined" and I think that both of our towns have lots in common. We both love and support our teams and hope the best for them.

I got the opportunity to share both best wishes at breakfast before the game and congrats at dinner after the game with Dayton fans. It was a wonderful exchange.

I am so glad that SS pulled out the victory and as stated before think it would have been harder for us if some of your players were not worked to death on the field by playing both sides.

I want all of you to know that even with all the smack on this thread this week - I personally thank you guys for the great week of smack talk and a great game and most of all a great experience for both of our towns. Wish you best of luck next year! Hope I can come back on and learn the fine art of talking about your momma this time next year again - we will see. You guys are definetly due your win and well deserve it!

SS fan

As far as the remarks about trailer parks in Dayton,I hope you never have back to back category 3 or 4 tornadoes up there in deep east texas as we have dealt w/Rita and Ike in 3 years.I hope you do not have to get FEMA help w/all the damage.Most schools in our area had schedule interuptions and stadium damages and alot of teams had to travel every week to play a football game so your remarks were way out of line bud.But from what I saw around the alamodome for housing makes me Thankful I own a dbl.wide on 17 ac.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317