*Dayton vs. Sulphur Springs State Championship Predictions/2pm Alamodome!!*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch.  63 to zip....  You guys really shouldn't be playing against the 8th grade teams.

what a bunch of arrogant people... We'll see how good sulfur springs is in the next couple of years... I don't recall hearing about them as a dominant 4a team for the past decade or two... congrats yall have had a good couple of years.  Yall are prime for a fall... Dayton is in the state championship game. They are a very good team with great coaches and  fans.  I hope to see yall fall hard and fast...

What good does it do to be a dominant 4a team for a decade or two if you cant win the big game???  get ready to get ripped by the wildcats my little ponies...

These are what i consider dominant football programs...

1.  Highland Park 10-4A 699  49 playoff appearances

2.  Corsicana 16-4A 639      36 playoff appearances

3.  Wichita Falls 5-4A 628    40 playoff appearances

4.  Longview 13-4A 597        33 playoff appearances 

5.  Bay City 23-4A 589        36 playoff appearances

6.  El Campo 23-4A 584

7.  Sherman 9-4A 561

8.  CC Miller 30-4A 558

9.  Cleburne 16-4A 548

10.  Marshall 13-4A 539

Sulphur Springs doesnt claim to be dominant.  We talk smack on here for fun and just to get your goat.  Seems that we do a good job of it too.

We are very humble people though. 

Yes we have a great group of atheletes this year as well as one of the greatest coaching staffs that has ever come through this school. 

Everything has come together for sulphur springs this year.  Team chemistry is the biggest thing for SS this year.  Not one person wins games for SS this year.  We have a great QB, RB multiple Recievers and a defense that steps up to the challenge when they have to.  Yes those young men have given up some points this year but for 13 of their 15 games they did what was asked of them,  given up fewer points than the team on the otherside of the ball. 

Thats all thats asked of those guys...  They are going to give up some points,  they will give up some points to you Dayton,  no doubt about that, but the things to keep in mind is they will give up fewer points than that Dayton D will...

Good Luck Ponies... 

Sulphur Springs doesnt claim to be dominant.   We talk smack on here for fun and just to get your goat.  Seems that we do a good job of it too.

Yes we have a great group of atheletes this year as well as one of the greatest coaching staffs that has ever come through this school. 

Everything has come together for sulphur springs this year.  Team chemistry is the biggest thing for SS this year.   Not one person wins games for SS this year.   We have a great QB, RB multiple Recievers and a defense that steps up to the challenge when they have to.   Yes those young men have given up some points this year but for 13 of their 15 games they did what was asked of them,  given up fewer points than the team on the otherside of the ball.   

Thats all thats asked of those guys...  They are going to give up some points,  they will give up some points to you Dayton,  no doubt about that, but the things to keep in mind is they will give up fewer points than that Dayton D will...

Good Luck Ponies...   

Talking about Ponies...

If you don't watch out we will let our 8th graders sub in and they will still score on your defense.

Check out what our 8th graders can do...

This is the hidden content, please

We will bring some extra warm milk for the kittens on other side of the field.

Come Saturday, the Bronco stampede will continue for one more week!

Good luck kittens, your gonna find out how much it hurts to be run over by a wild Bronco!

2.  Corsicana 16-4A 639       36 playoff appearances

3.  Wichita Falls 5-4A 628     40 playoff appearances

5.  Bay City 23-4A 589         36 playoff appearances

6.  El Campo 23-4A 584

7.  Sherman 9-4A 561

8.  CC Miller 30-4A 558

9.  Cleburne 16-4A 548

10.  Marshall 13-4A 539

Sulphur Springs doesnt claim to be dominant.   We talk smack on here for fun and just to get your goat.  Seems that we do a good job of it too.

Everything has come together for sulphur springs this year.  Team chemistry is the biggest thing for SS this year.   Not one person wins games for SS this year.   We have a great QB, RB multiple Recievers and a defense that steps up to the challenge when they have to.   Yes those young men have given up some points this year but for 13 of their 15 games they did what was asked of them,  given up fewer points than the team on the otherside of the ball.   

Good Luck Ponies...   

The teams in bold aren't powerhouses anymore....What have they done in the last 20 or so years?  I'm gonna find some stats to see what teams have had the strongest programs over the last 20 years

Good Luck Ponies...   

Talking about Ponies...

If you don't watch out we will let our 8th graders sub in and they will still score on your defense.

Check out what our 8th graders can do...

We will bring some extra warm milk for the kittens on other side of the field.

Come Saturday, the Bronco stampede will continue for one more week!

Good luck kittens, your gonna find out how much it hurts to be run over by a wild Bronco!

Please do bring some warm milk.  We will drink it in celebration of our victory over the stampeding ponies...

2.  Corsicana 16-4A 639       36 playoff appearances

3.  Wichita Falls 5-4A 628     40 playoff appearances

5.  Bay City 23-4A 589         36 playoff appearances

6.  El Campo 23-4A 584

7.  Sherman 9-4A 561

8.  CC Miller 30-4A 558

9.  Cleburne 16-4A 548

10.  Marshall 13-4A 539

Good Luck Ponies...   

I guarantee you that if we had a team in Nederland as good as sulfur springs is this year we would be talking smack too.

sulfur springs defense looks vulnerable, lots of things to exploit

Wow, I was looking over the people SS played.  They let Pine Tree score 27 points against them... PINE TREE...  wow.  Thats bad.  And let a mediocre 3A team score 20pts on them.  SS is averaging letting teams score nearly 30 pts a game.  Thats great news.  Looks like this could be a high scoring game. 

You know I'm too pld for this mud slinging but I have to say reading the SS fans posts I thought we were playing a team full of Super Heroes. They keep posting about how tough there district was. Maybe but SS's lost to the 2 elite teams in their district!! This has nothing to do with the outcome of the game but if you are going to pad your resume at least try to include something that makes sense! Go Broncos!!!

What SS fans are talking about is for most of the year there were 4 teams in our district that were ranked in the top 20 in the state.  3 in the top 10 for a while.  We also played WF Rider on ESPN before they had all the injury issues.  We also beat 3 undefeated teams in the playoffs, 2 of which in my opinion were better teams than Dayton.  SS also beat 4 district champions this year. 

What SS fans are talking about is for most of the year there were 4 teams in our district that were ranked in the top 20 in the state.  3 in the top 10 for a while.  We also played WF Rider on ESPN before they had all the injury issues.  We also beat 3 undefeated teams in the playoffs, 2 of which in my opinion were better teams than Dayton.  SS also beat 4 district champions this year. 

Wow...you've changed my opinion finally...East Texas is the center of the world when it comes to football.  No team in weak old south, southeast, central, west, or north Texas can boast that type of resume'.

Man, I'm glad these Dayton boys won that last game because they certainly don't belong on the same field as any team from East Texas.  At least they'll get the experience and have stories to tell their children for the rest of their lives. 

SS - We're tired of hearing about your perceived tough schedule and your game on ESPN.  Rankings are exactly that...subjective rankings by people...the same people that said Everman would beat you and Tivy would beat Dayton.  Come up with something better.

All of which means nothing! Both teams should be proud of there accomplishments. What happens happens. I'm sure that in SS's area the Blogs from Dayton fans sound the same way. I just found it ironic that SS's district has been put forth as the best. And on the other Hand district has been called names. It reality doesn't matter but to be fair you need to look at the districts the teams SS beat came from and the strength. It should be a great game, either way history will be made. I am a Bronco fan but also a High School Football fan!! It'll be fun no matter what!!

sstexasfootballfan,

you'll drink some warm milk in celebration on a win saturday wont you??? 

i really hope they bring warm milk,  it will help me sleep on my flight back to sulphur springs that afternoon after the game...

Heck yes I will! We should get it from a local dairy - to make sure it is not poisoned...hahahaha

Wow...you've changed my opinion finally...East Texas is the center of the world when it comes to football.  No team in weak old south, southeast, central, west, or north Texas can boast that type of resume'.

now you are starting to get it!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hawedex
    Newest Member
    hawedex