*Dayton vs. Sulphur Springs State Championship Predictions/2pm Alamodome!!*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams are concerned about the possibility of poor weather

probably true but they couldnt have picked a poorer site as far as fan travel goes....dayton gets the shorter trip and thats about a 6 hour drive i think (havent been out to san antonio in a while)....SFA wouldve been dead in the middle of the 2 schools...

coaches have no obligation to the fans, just their team.  Both feel playing inside gives their team a better chance to win. 

thats weak matthew, texas football is a community sport...the town pays that coaches salary so i'd argue he does have a pretty big obligation to the community...

reguardless, it doesnt matter the spot is picked...i hope i can figure out a way to go

I tell you what, SS is hitting on all cylinders right now...Their QB is the real deal and he flings it all around the field....Dayton will move the ball on SS all day long and this game will come down to the defense that makes a couple stops...A lot of points will be scored, but I haven't picked against Dayton all year and I'm not about to start...Plus, I want to see my cousin sporting a big state championship ring!!!!

Dayton 42

SS 35

Ask any coach and they will tell you the obligation is to first give his team the best chance to win.  Because if they don't win the community will run him off. 

come on its a highschool football game...its not like this is the st. louis rams playing out there where they always play in a dome at home and the players have been specifially drafted for that type of surface...these kids have only played football outdoors, i dont buy the excuse that indoors gives x team an advantage over y team...they are both outdoor squads and they'd have to play in the same elements for both sides..if they want to come out and say, i want my kids to play somehwere cool where a lot of the players on the team wont get a shot at playing again then ill buy that...

the coaches do have the 1st obligation toward their team and winning, thats what they are paid to do, but the if the coach makes it to the state championship game and loses he wont get fired...its a makable drive for dayton fans if they want to pony up the money for a hotel room as well, but for sulphur spring fans i'd be pretty upset, thats a long ways to travel for a game...hopefully plenty of fans will be able to make the drive to the game....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    napeba
    Newest Member
    napeba