congrats WOS PEE WEE TEAM SUPER BOWL CHAMPS

Guest kf89

Chilllllll !!! It's all in fun and game.  I'm a peewee white parent  and yessss I thought the song was a little much-a little early. But, if we would have won I would have been singing too!!! :D  It's not often anyone gives wos a run on the football field -but  we did and it was a great game.  I thought we had it but it slipped away. Congrats to all THREE lumberton teams!!!

I like your comments LTRIAN. This is sooo common in sports, mainly youth sports. I am not from Lumberton or WOS, so my view is totally neutral and my son has moved on from youth sports.

Anytime a team loses, there are excuses, there are complaints about sportsmanship, and most of all they are not really understanding the feeling of the team the is victorious. When you when a big game there is excitement for the team and the fans are celebrating, NOT RUBBING IT IN.

I have been a winner in big games and losers in big games. Win I win, I have mt own way to celebrate. When I lose I tip my hat and say good game, and do not take there celbration personal. Gorwn ups need to grow up, let fans have there day with their team/kids.

By the way, WOS is a class organization. I would love to play WOS as much as possible in any sport. It makes my team better.

I am the Head coach of Lumberton Pee Wee White and just got turned on to this site. I would first like to say I am so proud of my little guys for the game they played. I asked them to leave it all on the field and that they did. The bad thing is, so did those little mustangs. My team played there hearts out, and not just my studs(#20, #5), but all 26 kids did. There all studs in my eyes. I have always told my kids if you want to be the best you have to beat the best. And we gave it all we had. Congrates to the WOS kids, coaches, and parents. You all have a lot to be proud about. I thought the kids and coaches were very respectful to my kids and me. Hats off to all of you. We wish we could control everthing everybody says and does like we do our kids on the field but thats impossible. But all that matters is that my team and me know that we just played a team that played a LITTLE better than us that day. By the way my offence is called the squat wing, but I like the Snoop Dog a lot better. I think His CD is in my truck CD changer right now. I just hope everybody can see the talent that all SouthEast Texas has. One commet to VP 93, most of these commits are not wrote by coaches. I had my TEAM PREPARED. Once again great game to both teams. And we will be back next year, cant wait to play the best. Go RAIDERS!!!

Good post coach. It was a great game. We enjoyed playing yall. It was back and forth the whole game right until the end. We are very proud of our boys just as I know you are of yours. They were all very respectful while shaking hands just as everyone of your coaches were. It was a fair hard fought game and we just happened to come out on the winning side. The game was decided on the field by the boys not by a ref from a bad or missed call. We will be moving up but I do look forward to watching yall play. Those boys will be even tougher to beat next year. Congratulations to all on a great season.

Ok hear is how I saw it. I sat in the stand and watched both peewee & Jr games and the officials were, well lets just say they need to get on the same page or just leave. Anyway after sitting through both games I bought a video of each. I sat at home and watched both games 3 times and what I saw relay upset me. So I did some investigating and found out that the head official has ties to the WOS youth football program. Now how can a team get a fair game if you have an official on your side, and be leave me you could tell. I'm sure if the Lumberton coaches new about this they would not be happy. I also can't be leave that the STJFL didn't do something about it, or did they know? I think that if the games were played again with different officials they would be alot closer or even a different out come. I'm not trying to take anything away from the kids, be leave me both teams played their harts out and both teams were great. I'm just saying that it should be fair for both sides. And yes I would like to say congrats to WOS peewee & Jr teams and their coaches for two well fought and coached games.

Ok hear is how I saw it. I sat in the stand and watched both peewee & Jr games and the officials were, well lets just say they need to get on the same page or just leave. Anyway after sitting through both games I bought a video of each. I sat at home and watched both games 3 times and what I saw relay upset me. So I did some investigating and found out that the head official has ties to the WOS youth football program. Now how can a team get a fair game if you have an official on your side, and be leave me you could tell. I'm sure if the Lumberton coaches new about this they would not be happy. I also can't be leave that the STJFL didn't do something about it, or did they know? I think that if the games were played again with different officials they would be alot closer or even a different out come. I'm not trying to take anything away from the kids, be leave me both teams played their harts out and both teams were great. I'm just saying that it should be fair for both sides.

I think that is crock about the refs favoring a team. There was a ref from Lumberton all as well. He was a line judge. I the senior game he missed 3 obvious penalties which favored Lumberton. Nederland was penalized 3 times for holding on big first downs inside the red zone, which made it 3rd and very long or 4th and very long. I do not think the Lumberton refs did because he is from Lumberton and against Nederland. I was told the ref appologized to the Nederland coaches after the game saying he missed a few and was glad it did not affect the outcome of the game.

I think he just missed it, he looked at the replay board and saw that he made the wrong calls or "no" call. I am sure someone out there is thinking just like you "the ref is from Lumberton and was favoring Lumberton". I will tell the them the samething

In the NFL Sunday, the steelers clinched home field and division title on a controversy TD in the final minutes. Do you think the ref that overturned the call by replay had it in for the steelers? NO

everyone is entilted to their opinion, but refs make bad calls. To think that they intentionally go against a team is stupid.

How close did you look at your opponents calls orr no calls. When you lose, you look for things that could make a difference. Look at the BIG picture.

this IS REALLY RIDICULOUS!!!!  WHAT SIDE WERE YOU SITTING ON???

You know what? I know you didn't just say anything about the ref's being for WOS ...you really need to take a look at the DVD again because for one Lumberton got a touchdown in the peewee game when it was clear that there was a late hit in the back and they did not change that call....oh no complaints about that huh...how can yall count its suppose to be 11 and not 12...they missed it the first time but not the second time...tried to slip a few of the little ones in on us huh...and oh what about a sideline flag that was thrown in the junior game and the commentators did even know what the call was....after #4 from the junior team broke away and gained all of those yards...you get on hear and say don't take anything away from the kids....then don't...we had several turnovers in the junior game and it was our fault...no one gave us anything and after the defense made adjustments after the half we came back and won....the game was really close and you can't tell that from the scores but it was...Both teams played well considering the field conditions and I can tell you this...Lumberton is lucky the field was like that during the junior game because #4 would have blown up the score board by at least two or three more touchdowns...he slipped on his own several times...go back and watch that on your DVD... I don't know what DVD you bought but evidently it wasn't the same one I had...oh but yeah after saying all of this you want to say congrats to WOS and both teams well just like I told Demon keep you congrats cause you don't mean it...you say it cause that good sportmanship...well good sport manship would be to say nothing negative and all and leave it on the field what happened happened and it over shake hands and go home...are you and Demon related because both of yall have the seem to have same genes....you know the one that full of bull..... >:( >:(Quit CRYING ALREADY YALL LOST ITS OVER TRY AGAIN NEXT YEAR!!!!!  

OK hear is how I saw it. I sat in the stand and watched both peewee & Jr games and the officials were, well lets just say they need to get on the same page or just leave. Anyway after sitting through both games I bought a video of each. I sat at home and watched both games 3 times and what I saw relay upset me. So I did some investigating and found out that the head official has ties to the WOS youth football program. Now how can a team get a fair game if you have an official on your side, and be leave me you could tell. I'm sure if the Lumberton coaches new about this they would not be happy. I also can't be leave that the STJFL didn't do something about it, or did they know? I think that if the games were played again with different officials they would be alot closer or even a different out come. I'm not trying to take anything away from the kids, be leave me both teams played their harts out and both teams were great. I'm just saying that it should be fair for both sides. And yes I would like to say congrats to WOS peewee & Jr teams and their coaches for two well fought and coached games.

Hey I agree there were missed calls on both sides but why did the ref give WO two warnings for holding? and then throw a flag when a Lumberton defencive lineman got out of his three point stance a second early, that don't make sence. Also on a onside kick a WO player touched the ball for a split second and a Lumberton player fell on the ball, three officials called it Lumbertons ball and the "other official" called it WOS ball, there is no way he blew his whistle that fast.

Could we use better Ref's????  YES ---- However, they are human and can't possibly watch every player on the field.  The fact is the game is over and winners were decided.  I wish the outcome would have been all Lumberton, but that's not what happen. WO-S has some great players and apparently some great coaches. I really thought Lumberton white PeeWee would have taken them, but they didn't. You win some and loose the rest! There is always next year!

I think arguing and insulting about a game is on the childish side........But if you do argue, using spell check will make your argument more believable!  ;D

Chilllllll !!! It's all in fun and game.  I'm a peewee white parent  and yessss I thought the song was a little much-a little early. But, if we would have won I would have been singing too!!! :D  It's not often anyone gives wos a run on the football field -but  we did and it was a great game.  I thought we had it but it slipped away. Congrats to all THREE lumberton teams!!!

I like your comments LTRIAN. This is sooo common in sports, mainly youth sports. I am not from Lumberton or WOS, so my view is totally neutral and my son has moved on from youth sports.

Anytime a team loses, there are excuses, there are complaints about sportsmanship, and most of all they are not really understanding the feeling of the team the is victorious. When you when a big game there is excitement for the team and the fans are celebrating, NOT RUBBING IT IN.

I have been a winner in big games and losers in big games. Win I win, I have mt own way to celebrate. When I lose I tip my hat and say good game, and do not take there celbration personal. Gorwn ups need to grow up, let fans have there day with their team/kids.

By the way, WOS is a class organization. I would love to play WOS as much as possible in any sport. It makes my team better.

I am the Head coach of Lumberton Pee Wee White and just got turned on to this site. I would first like to say I am so proud of my little guys for the game they played. I asked them to leave it all on the field and that they did. The bad thing is, so did those little mustangs. My teams played there hearts out, and not just my studs(#20, #5), but all 26 kids did. There all studs in my eyes. I have always told my kids if you want to be the best you have to beat the best. And we gave it all we had. Congrates to the WOS kids, coaches, and parents. You all have a lot to be proud about. I thought the kids and coaches were very respectful to my kids and me. Hats off to all of you. We wish we could control everthing everybody says and does like we do our kids on the field but that's impossible. But all that matters is that my team and me know that we just played a team that played a LITTLE better than us that day. By the way my offence is called the squat wing, but I like the Snoop Dog a lot better. I think His CD is in my truck CD changer right now. I just hope everybody can see the talent that all SouthEast Texas has. One commet to VP 93, most of these commits are not wrote by coaches. I had my TEAM PREPARED. Once again great game to both teams. And we will be back next year, cant wait to play the best. Go RAIDERS!!!

I will say it again , so if you didn't here me the first time. When the game is over there will always be a winner and a loser. We can always make excuses about everthing, but were does that get you in life? I talked to the Jr. Coach and we both agree we LOST. GAME OVER. DVDs are to enjoy in the future not to critique the past. "If its and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas." What lessons are we teaching our kids by making excuses? I always tell my kids when we lose are just mess up "God doesn't get mad when you fall down just only when you don't get back up." Great game WOS in both games. With that said, GAME OVER!!!!!!

Good post LR33.  Can you please explain to Straight Shooter that nearly every ref in STJFL has some kind of ties to one of the teams involved in this league.  It's almost impossible to get around that.  Oh wait, maybe we should get the Houston Chapter refs to come and referee our Little League games, so that we can prevent any favoritism.  Give me a break, the excuses are getting ridiculous.  Not taking anything away from Lumberton, but the better team won.  When I say better team, I mean on that given day, whether they executed better, played better, ran better, or got better breaks.  Who knows what would happen if they played again, maybe Lumberton would be the better team.  You never know with 7-10 year old kids, but guess what Shooter, you will have to wait until next year to see.  WOS Peewee, and WOS Junior Blue are the 2008 Super Bowl CHAMPS.  Nothing you can say, cry about, complain about, or make excuses about can change that.  Get a life, and quit rewinding that DVD, the game is over.  It was played on the field, not a high definition LCD screen.

LR 33 you sir have class as does your kids and your organization. It is a shame some on this board does not. I watched the tape and graded my sons performance. I thought the refs did a pretty good job. They were right on the call in the endzone when the Raider receiver dropped the ball (I thought it was a TD from the sideline). I was on the sideline with the coaches interference penalty and it was the right call even thought the ref was on the other side of the field. We complained about 12 men on the field, and I must admit the tape is inconclusive on that one so I will assume the refs got that one right as well. They got the facemask penalty on us right. I kinda thought on the opening kickoff that the Raider player that recovered the kickoff was offside. After examining the tape I thought the refs made the right call on that play as well (and that was a tough call as well). To be honest, I thought it was the best game by the refs we had been involved in the entire year. Thank God the weather or the refs did not decide the outcome of the game. If your gonna question the refs give us examples please.

I am the Head coach of Lumberton Pee Wee White and just got turned on to this site. I would first like to say I am so proud of my little guys for the game they played. I asked them to leave it all on the field and that they did. The bad thing is, so did those little mustangs. My teams played there hearts out, and not just my studs(#20, #5), but all 26 kids did. There all studs in my eyes. I have always told my kids if you want to be the best you have to beat the best. And we gave it all we had. Congrates to the WOS kids, coaches, and parents. You all have a lot to be proud about. I thought the kids and coaches were very respectful to my kids and me. Hats off to all of you. We wish we could control everthing everybody says and does like we do our kids on the field but that's impossible. But all that matters is that my team and me know that we just played a team that played a LITTLE better than us that day. By the way my offence is called the squat wing, but I like the Snoop Dog a lot better. I think His CD is in my truck CD changer right now. I just hope everybody can see the talent that all SouthEast Texas has. One commet to VP 93, most of these commits are not wrote by coaches. I had my TEAM PREPARED. Once again great game to both teams. And we will be back next year, cant wait to play the best. Go RAIDERS!!!

I will say it again , so if you didn't here me the first time. When the game is over there will always be a winner and a loser. We can always make excuses about everthing, but were does that get you in life? I talked to the Jr. Coach and we both agree we LOST. GAME OVER. DVDs are to enjoy in the future not to critique the past. "If its and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas." What lessons are we teaching our kids by making excuses? I always tell my kids when we lose are just mess up "God doesn't get mad when you fall down just only when you don't get back up." Great game WOS in both games. With that said, GAME OVER!!!!!!

OK, West Orange fans l want to share a little insight with you from the Lumberton perspective without being argumentative.  Your sports community gets to the highest level, the Super Bowl, pretty much every year and respectively so because that takes good coaching, talented kids and dedicated parents.  Our community was so excited to have not one but three teams represented in the Super Bowl.  After all of the controversy on this board, in the newspapers, on the TV, blah, blah, blah over the fight that happened at one of our games it was a great way to end the season for us, especially for our Pee Wee team since for some reason it was assumed that our team was involved as well, but that is another issue entirely.  It was also upsetting as a mom to see my son, who has no part of this board, being called out by someone as "going to get a migrane" if he ran the whole game.  Sorry, just had to get that off my chest b/c it has been bothering me for about a week now....and by the way he played harder than I have ever seen him play and I was sooo proud of him.  Anyway, I guess what I want everyone to understand is that referrees aside, because there were bad calls on both sides according to both teams, is that when you win as a parent you are elated for your child because he won and he achieved his goal.  When you are a parent of a child who loses, your heart breaks for your child when you know he played as hard as he could and you see him crying after the game.  When you are dealing with that emotion and you hear the other team chanting a chant that they probably should not have been to 7 and 8 year old boys as they are crying on the field, as a parent, yeah that makes you mad.  So as the mother of #20 of the Lumberton Pee Wee White Raiders I would like to congratulate your team for winning because your boys did play a phenomenal game.  My son said that every time #4 hit him he would tell him "good run" and my son would tell him "good hit".  We all need to remember than these guys are still little boys and to them they just want to play football!

Guest jackbquick

OK, West Orange fans l want to share a little insight with you from the Lumberton perspective without being argumentative.  Your sports community gets to the highest level, the Super Bowl, pretty much every year and respectively so because that takes good coaching, talented kids and dedicated parents.  Our community was so excited to have not one but three teams represented in the Super Bowl.  After all of the controversy on this board, in the newspapers, on the TV, blah, blah, blah over the fight that happened at one of our games it was a great way to end the season for us, especially for our Pee Wee team since for some reason it was assumed that our team was involved as well, but that is another issue entirely.  It was also upsetting as a mom to see my son, who has no part of this board, being called out by someone as "going to get a migrane" if he ran the whole game.  Sorry, just had to get that off my chest b/c it has been bothering me for about a week now....and by the way he played harder than I have ever seen him play and I was sooo proud of him.  Anyway, I guess what I want everyone to understand is that referrees aside, because there were bad calls on both sides according to both teams, is that when you win as a parent you are elated for your child because he won and he achieved his goal.  When you are a parent of a child who loses, your heart breaks for your child when you know he played as hard as he could and you see him crying after the game.  When you are dealing with that emotion and you hear the other team chanting a chant that they probably should not have been to 7 and 8 year old boys as they are crying on the field, as a parent, yeah that makes you mad.  So as the mother of #20 of the Lumberton Pee Wee White Raiders I would like to congratulate your team for winning because your boys did play a phenomenal game.  My son said that every time #4 hit him he would tell him "good run" and my son would tell him "good hit".  We all need to remember than these guys are still little boys and to them they just want to play football!

Great post and you are right on in so many aspects. Congrats to you, your son, your team and your league. Most people need to realize that bad calls are in every game and will always be and because these refs do reside in the southeast texas area there will always be some from one of the towns playing, but you are correct that people can be excited about their teams win, ( congrats to all teams that played in the super bowls and won them) but  need to do it with respect to the losing teams. 

After our only loss of the season we had kids crying also..here is what I told them before they went through the line to shake hands. If an opponent can see you crying then they beat you both physically and mentally. Don't give them the satisfaction, come out hard and more determined the next time you play them. If they beat they beat you, after all it is a game and games are meant to be fun.

Hey I agree there were missed calls on both sides but why did the ref give WO two warnings for holding? and then throw a flag when a Lumberton defencive lineman got out of his three point stance a second early, that don't make sence. Also on a onside kick a WO player touched the ball for a split second and a Lumberton player fell on the ball, three officials called it Lumbertons ball and the "other official" called it WOS ball, there is no way he blew his whistle that fast.

The second he touches the ball with his knee on the ground he is down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's why.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thefan

I was at the game and i feel the refs did a good job! My nephew is on the WO-S team and I am 100% sure that he is not real worried about any calls the refs may or may not have made. The game is over no matter what anyone on here says.Work hard come back next year a better team.I dont feel that any right or wrong call really made a difference in the outcome.Good game players and coaches from both sides.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder