LCM NEEDS BLEACHERS

speveto

if lcm wants to be part of "BIG TIME FOOTBALL", they need to triple the size of the visitors side of the stadium. as a WOS fan, i can tell you that at least half of our fans stopped going to the lcm game because they did not want to stand by the fence to watch the game.  i bet you that the rest of the teams in 4A football will agree. i feel the same way about the size of the, hamshire-fannett, hardin-jefferson and orangefield, stadium. the hamshire-fannett and hardin-jefferson visitors  side of the stadiums are so rickety that someone is going to get hurt  if they dont improve the structure.

if lcm wants to be part of "BIG TIME FOOTBALL", they need to triple the size of the visitors side of the stadium. as a WOS fan, i can tell you that at least half of our fans stopped going to the lcm game because they did not want to stand by the fence to watch the game.  i bet you that the rest of the teams in 4A football will agree. i feel the same way about the size of the, hamshire-fannett, hardin-jefferson and orangefield, stadium. the hamshire-fannett and hardin-jefferson visitors  side of the stadiums are so rickety that someone is going to get hurt  if they dont improve the structure.

Ridiculous post!

The Bears needs to be concerned with becoming a respectable program not "Big Time".  The visitors stands are not very big, but that has to be WAY down on the priority list to spend district money.

agrees with slam....lets get our football program back up and running before we even think about adding bleachers.  There are more important things to be done to LCM before they should even think about adding more bleachers to the football stadium... Like passing the bond issue and getting the classrooms fixed.

all things considered, we have fairly good visitor's side bleachers...if people are standing at the fence, they probably have contact avoidance issues...and I gotta agree with bear fan...there are more pressing concerns for the district than bleachers for the football stadium...

Although I agree it is way down on the list. It is miserable on that side when we (WOS) have to be over there. It is way too small when we play at yalls place. Again, I agree it's way down on the list because that may be the only game that it's that way. Let's get yall a new coach. Get you winning and then worry about the smaller issues. Good luck in your search.

all things considered, we have fairly good visitor's side bleachers...if people are standing at the fence, they probably have contact avoidance issues...and I gotta agree with bear fan...there are more pressing concerns for the district than bleachers for the football stadium...

Although I agree it is way down on the list. It is miserable on that side when we (WOS) have to be over there. It is way too small when we play at yalls place. Again, I agree it's way down on the list because that may be the only game that it's that way. Let's get yall a new coach. Get you winning and then worry about the smaller issues. Good luck in your search.

Sorry td...homefield advantage!  ;D    It's been kind of miserable sitting on the home side lately too!  LOL 

Maybe the game could be played every year at WOS...of course we would need ALL of the gate since we are giving up home field.  :o ;D

if LCM wants to be part of "BIG TIME FOOTBALL", they need to triple the size of the visitors side of the stadium. as a WOS fan, i can tell you that at least half of our fans stopped going to the LCM game because they did not want to stand by the fence to watch the game.  i bet you that the rest of the teams in 4A football will agree. i feel the same way about the size of the, hamshire-fannett, hardin-jefferson and orangefield, stadium. the hamshire-fannett and hardin-jefferson visitor's side of the stadiums are so rickety that someone is going to get hurt if they don't improve the structure.

Well yes they have a pitiful visitor side. But WOS is spoiled to one of if not the best stadiums in the area for all classifications. Arguably the best 3A stadium as far as size in the state. How many of the WOS fans actually have kids still in the school. Most of the fans that go to those games don't have a dog in the hunt. Not saying that is a bad thing. But how has a school gone from a 5A squad to a 3A squad. You can't expect other 3A programs with far less enrollment and a smaller tax base to improve there structures. It is not their fault that WOS as dropped in enrollment. As far as LCM, lets start beating the WOS teams first and make it even more uncomfortable for their fans on the visitor side before we think about making changes to the facilities.

if LCM wants to be part of "BIG TIME FOOTBALL", they need to triple the size of the visitors side of the stadium. as a WOS fan, i can tell you that at least half of our fans stopped going to the LCM game because they did not want to stand by the fence to watch the game.  i bet you that the rest of the teams in 4A football will agree. i feel the same way about the size of the, hamshire-fannett, hardin-jefferson and orangefield, stadium. the hamshire-fannett and hardin-jefferson visitor's side of the stadiums are so rickety that someone is going to get hurt if they don't improve the structure.

Well yes they have a pitiful visitor side. But WOS is spoiled to one of if not the best stadiums in the area for all classifications. Arguably the best 3A stadium as far as size in the state. How many of the WOS fans actually have kids still in the school. Most of the fans that go to those games don't have a dog in the hunt. Not saying that is a bad thing. But how has a school gone from a 5A squad to a 3A squad. You can't expect other 3A programs with far less enrollment and a smaller tax base to improve there structures. It is not their fault that WOS as dropped in enrollment. As far as LCM, lets start beating the WOS teams first and make it even more uncomfortable for their fans on the visitor side before we think about making changes to the facilities.

WOS has plenty of room in the stands and is a nice stadium, but it's a far cry from being "the best stadium in the area for all classifications". 

Again...this is a ridiculous thread.  It may be a small visitors side, but don't look for any changes there for a long time.  I would probably attach a timeline for that to happen somewhere right after the new high school AND junior high are completed.  ::)

Sorry td...homefield advantage!  ;D    It's been kind of miserable sitting on the home side lately too!  LOL 

Maybe the game could be played every year at WOS...of course we would need ALL of the gate since we are giving up home field.  :o ;D

Hasn't been too much of an advantage lately. I think we split the gate regardless of where the game is played. More to split at our place......same results. :P

How can it be so hard on the WOS fans when it is surely the largest amount of seating than any of your district games. Except maybe BC and Silsbee and silsbee probably close.

We haven't always been 3A and we have more of a following than most 3A schools around here. If you noticed all of the 3A schools were mentioned also. All the post was saying is that we bring more people than you have seats on the visitors side. Not an argument just a statement of fact.

Good Luck with that.

WOS has plenty of room in the stands and is a nice stadium, but it's a far cry from being "the best stadium in the area for all classifications". 

Again...this is a ridiculous thread.  It may be a small visitors side, but don't look for any changes there for a long time.  I would probably attach a timeline for that to happen somewhere right after the new high school AND junior high are completed.   ::)

I agree it was once one of the nicest stadiums but technology and turf have caught up with us. Still a nice stadium and very big. As long as they keep winning we can live with it. Almost passed the bond for turf. That would have been nice. Maybe next time. Atleast we did pass the one for the school.

Guest rykerx144

thanks for your comments. i appreciate all of them.  im not ready, at this time, to solve all of lcm`s problems.  now in my "LATE YEARS" i would just like a place to sit down.

I agree with you, i just think your argument is falling upon deaf ears.  That statment was not really directed to you What I meant was to them that is the least of their problems.  It is like going up to a guy who just lost his family, lost his job, has no money, no place to live and just the clothes on his back and you going up to him and telling him shirt is wrinkled and he need to iron it...

Hasn't been too much of an advantage lately. I think we split the gate regardless of where the game is played. More to split at our place......same results. :P

;D LOL...I guess I was just searching for anything that remotely looks like it might be to our advantage, but you're right.  You're right again in the fact that the gate is split right down the middle for that game...and that was my point...we can make the WOS fans comfortable in their nice big stands each season if you'll give up your half of the gate?  Fair trade?  ;D

Again...this is a ridiculous thread.  It may be a small visitors side, but don't look for any changes there for a long time.  I would probably attach a timeline for that to happen somewhere right after the new high school AND junior high are completed.   ::)

Yeah, I was beginning to wonder if WOS has gotten a new stadium since they went down to 3-a or a remodel at least. The last time I remember being there for a Lumberton game, I was thinking the stadium wasn't much better than Silsbee's OLD stadium.

when i walk-up to the gate at the lc-m stadium and see the VERY SMALL visitors side,  im thinking, these people "DON`T   EVEN CARE".  why should i haft to pay for something like this?

You think exactly like my wife...she thinks as long as there are still a lot checks in the checkbook there must be a bunch of money!  ;D  Even if the money became available it wouldn't be used for stadium stands.  ( Did I mention what a stupid thread topic this is?)

when i walk-up to the gate at the lc-m stadium and see the VERY SMALL visitors side,  im thinking, these people "DON`T   EVEN CARE".  why should i haft to pay for something like this?

Who said you "haft" to pay for it.  Just don't come.  Your problem is solved.

;D LOL...I guess I was just searching for anything that remotely looks like it might be to our advantage, but you're right.  You're right again in the fact that the gate is split right down the middle for that game...and that was my point...we can make the WOS fans comfortable in their nice big stands each season if you'll give up your half of the gate?  Fair trade?   ;D

I'm not so sure that would be such a fair trade. I'm still wondering how we have to give up so much tax money each and every year but never have enough for ourselves. Maybe we are still running a 5A school with a 3A enrollment. I'm not sure but I don't want to be on the school board either.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin