**BREAKING NEWS.. PN-G's Matt Burnett To Step Down As Head Coach**

KFDM COOP

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to see this happen.  How many more years does he have on his contract?   ???

Sounds like disgruntled parents are the only winners here. MB is a fine coach but most of all he is a very good teacher of life lessons  and is the type of roll model kids at this level need as a coach. No matter who the new head coach turns out to be, he will still have the same group of spoiled parents placing blame for their perfect little son's lack of playing skills.   ::)

Face it PNG, until you annex some real football players into your district (over 150 lbs) ... you will not dominate in this area no matter who the parents think the coach should be.   :o

MB will not have a problem finding a new job. He is a GREAT coach and has done a LOT with little talent.  PNG, the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.  Good Luck Mr. Burnett.  As a Nederland fan I love it... This means we should easily smoke PNG the next couple of years as they are trying to adjust to a new system.

MB will not have a problem finding a new job. He is a GREAT coach and has done a LOT with little talent.  PNG, the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.  Good Luck Mr. Burnett.  As a Nederland fan I love it... This means we should easily smoke PNG the next couple of years as they are trying to adjust to a new system.

Yeah a good example is the freshman team. I agree the grass is not greener if the make the wrong choice. Nederland can attest to that, they went through of bunch of losers in the 80's and early 90's before they got Neumann.

Yeah a good example is the freshman team. I agree the grass is not greener if the make the wrong choice. Nederland can attest to that, they went through of bunch of losers in the 80's and early 90's before they got Neumann.

We thought Coach Derouen was bad but then we got Bobby August and really sucked.  Thank God for Neumann, He is worth every penny he is payed.  I think PNG will get a very good coach out of this. As much as I hate to admit it they do have a great tradition, spirit, fans, and facilites.

We thought Coach Derouen was bad but then we got Bobby August and really sucked.  Thank God for Neumann, He is worth every penny he is payed.  I think PNG will get a very good coach out of this. As much as I hate to admit it they do have a great tradition, spirit, fans, and facilites.

Ya'll ever get tired of Neumann we will take him.

Without knowing the talent level or being close enough to the situation to render a real opinion, I'll just leave my observations from seeing PN-G for two years.  The kids executed the offense very well but it was very predictable and depended on having road graters for lineman and tackle breaking running backs.  It just looked severly outdated and un-imaginative.  Defense was in fairly good position on almost every play but continued to try and cover wide recievers with linebackers.  It didn't seem to me that the talent wasn't there, it seemed that the talent wasn't being put into positions to succeed.  Sorry to hear that the head coach has stepped down...now it's up to you at PN-G to find the right coach to make it work.  Good luck and I hope to see you (and your amazing crowds) down the road again soon...hopefully in the playoffs.

What happens now when the PNG faithful are still struggling to cope with the fact the talent may be down a bit over the next several years? Who gets the blame then?

I can't speak for any of the other groups, but the classes of 2011 and 2012 have already proven their mettle.

Witness the district championship wins by both the freshman A and B football teams this year. This is the same group of boys who came within 3 wins of competing in the Little League World Series a few years ago, as 12 year olds, so we should be looking good as far as baseball, too. It's a strong group.

The Reservation will not lack for talent over the next few years, and in my opinion it's arguable that they lacked talent this year. Don't forget, this group of seniors won the district football championship as freshmen, too.

Time will tell.

I was expecting KFDM sports with Mike F. to have this as their lead story during sports, didn't happen. Port Arthur News broke the story around 5 pm.  Mike F mentioned it at the end of broadcast and said check back for details at 10 pm.

He'll have it at 10. The meeting started at 6:30

I did the same thing, wanted to make sure it was official.

Does PNG have anyone on the staff who could take over the reins?  I would get the best quality applicant, I would first contact Coach Hooks, Coach Nuemann and Coach Barbay and ask them " If you could hire your replacement who would it be". then go from there.     

Bite your tongue Admin, give away one of our own???

Oh really?  History doesn't indicate that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder