Your Teams Most Heartbreaking Loss?

Guest Kelly Football

I was at that 96 game' date=' Corey Prosperie was playing QB for the Indians. I remember how tough BC's Wing T was that year. Sometimes I couldn't figure out who had the ball from the stands.[/quote']

Yeah, they were tough that year. BC had three very good backs. I would have to say that loss stands out as the worst.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rgranger

WOS was ranked #1 in the state with Chris Ori and group. (PNG that year was a also powerhouse and had Ron McGill and etc that year as well and went to the quarter finals.)

WOS went up on us almost 24 points in the 3rd Qtr then we started the comeback. We went for 3 or 4, 4th down plays for over 20 yards each and made each of them. Unbelievable!

With 1:14 left, we scored with a pass (to me) in the endzone and went up on them 36-35. With 44 seconds left, WOS threw a bomb to Sheldon Smith for 80 yards and beat us. ( they had negative passing yards up to that point all night) We did not run a prevent but a straight 50 defense back then...Later Delbert must have been kicking himself.

It was the loudest I have ever heard Bulldog stadium. Then it was the quietist. Our last home game of the season and Senior night.

Dan Hooks said after the game, that was the best non- state championship game he had ever been in. He hated to see either team lose. WOS players allowed our parents and us to leave the field first...class act on their part.

The next week, PNG was up on WOS and they ran the same play and beat PNG too. Dummies !!!!

The two day game against WO-S in '96. Had them on the ropes till Mother Nature took over.[/quote

it was tied 14-14 at half time. the next day BC had the lead but could not hold on to it. and then everyone's favorite "kicker" came in and kicked the winning field goal for wos.

I know you have to go back a good way, but the 1983 LCM vs. Jasper Game was a heartbreaker. LCM held 14-13 lead late in the game, only to lose it on a last second field goal 16-14. Great football game! Also , the 1997 Bears loss to Nederland where Havard scrambled late and found a receiver in teh end zone to win it. I also remember some great goal line stands in that game by Aubrey Brisendine and the rest of the Dogs.

1980 OF vs. Hamshire-Fannett

Rain had soaked the new HF field. The mud was up to our ankles. We lost 6-3 on a Terry Foreman field goal that bounced over the goal. We finished the season with an 8-2 record. The loss prevented us from going to the playoffs. I can still see that dang ball hitting the crossbar.............and bouncing over.

By far for me it's gotta be the cold, drizzly loss in the 1988 Finals against huge underdog Paris in College Station preventing the 3-peat...

followed by the 1985 Regional Semifinals loss against all-time great Houston Yates as the nighttime game of a doubleheader in the Astrodome. Going into the 4th quarter we had Yates tied 6-6 and were ahead 4-1 on penetrations. We were so close you could taste the upset...

I will have to say in '89 Silsbee vs Liberty. Silsbee had just come off of a nice playoff run in '88 and was a favorite. Silsbee had struggled early to find a qb to replace Randy Matthews from the '88 season. Liberty jumped out to a 17-0 lead. It was late 4th quarter Silsbee decided to try out sophomore sensation Bryan Doss. Anyone from the early 90s era probably remembers this guy. He also was the kicker. He kicked a fg and immediately followed with 2 tds. The Tigers tie the game up with seconds remaining. Doss lines up for the xtra point and it bounces off of the lower crossbar. The game ends in a tie 17-17. A few weeks later Silsbee knocks off #2 rated Jasper and ends with a district 4-1-1 record but misses the playoffs due to Liberty having more penetrations in the earlier game.

Well for dayton it has to be the game against Bay City a few years back, dayton beat them everywhere but the scoreboard, dayton out passed them, out rushed them, the defense shut them down, but our kicker kept kicking the ball to them, i kept yelling to kick it out of bounds, but noone listended

Dayton would kick a field goal, they would run the kickoff back 50 yards, it was just a matter of time before they broke one for a T.D. and they did, they also picked up a fumble and ran untouched for a T.D.

Bay City had like 113 total yards offense and 60 came on one long pass completion late in the game

22 to 16 was the final score, i still say WTF

Regarding the Plano-John Tyler game, it was Plano that got all those on side kicks in a row, but after finally taking the lead with just a few seconds left, Plano decided to just kick it deep to John Tyler and that's when the John Tyler player returned the kickoff for a touchdown to win the game.

• 1 month later...

I have two. One was about 3 or 4 years ago Nederland v.s WOS. Im not exactly sure about the details but it was at WOS and Nederland had been compaining about hooks getting calls all game. Then in the final minutes Nederland threw a quick bubble pass that was dropped and WOS scooped it up. the refs said it was a fumble and not a forward pass. Nederland was going down to either win the game or put it away. If anybody has details fill me in.

#2 was also about 3 or 4 years ago when Vidor played nederland in vidor. Nederland tried a short field goal with seconds left and the kick was blocked by a vidor DB. It was the first time vidor had beaten nederland in years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder