**Central at PN-G Updates** 16-0 Central Wins/All Heck Breaks Loose!

Yes, I've been to many games in Vidor.  Vidor does have great fan support as well. But Vidor is in Orange County and I would guess that people in Vidor buy the Orange Leader and not the Port Arthur News.  As for KFDM if it is such a horrific thing that they report on PNG then take it up with them.  PNG fans do not hold some imaginary power over the local media to keep them from reporting on Beaumont schools. 

It does not matter what county a team is from.  As I stated earlier, PNG is not alone in this district, they are not the "Chosen Team".  The local stations need to give recognition to all area teams, not just PNG. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never said I had a problem with your fans.............I have a problem with the way the media for some reason favors your team more than any other in the district!!  If I were a visitor to this area I would think from the coverage your team/teams obtain that your school is the only one in the district.  Apparently, you are one of those that were put into a purple diaper from birth and think that is the only color worth mentioning.  Admit it, some of your fans are some of the most disrepectful out there, whether it be at a game or in a public location!!  Just go to one of the local malls and watch the body language of the people wearing PN-G shirts, they have a better than thou attitude.  Welcome back down to earth with the rest of us................HOW DOES IT FEEL :)

Sorry, don't let my kids hang out at the Mall due to the type of people that hang there....sorry

What type of people?  I don't understand.  Can you be a little bit more specific?

Trouble makers. Most of them have there parents drop them off and all they have to do is cause trouble.

And this has nothing to do with race so don't try to turn this into it. We have as many trouble makers here in PNG as other places.

Yes, I've been to many games in Vidor.  Vidor does have great fan support as well. But Vidor is in Orange County and I would guess that people in Vidor buy the Orange Leader and not the Port Arthur News.  As for KFDM if it is such a horrific thing that they report on PNG then take it up with them.  PNG fans do not hold some imaginary power over the local media to keep them from reporting on Beaumont schools. 

It does not matter what county a team is from.  As I stated earlier, PNG is not alone in this district, they are not the "Chosen Team".  The local stations need to give recognition to all area teams, not just PNG. 

Seems to me you need to take up your complaint of this "media conspiracy against all other southeast Texas schools" with the local media and not fans on a high school football message board. You are sounding very whiney.

If you want to say that calling somebody 'yellow' is namecalling, then so be it.  He was the one that made a statement.  I asked him what he mean.  He tries to turn it around on me so he won't have to man up to his ignorant statements.  Then you come flying in like superman to his rescue.  Go figure....

BMTSoulja1, some of have lives and jobs and can't be on here 24/7 so it takes time to respond.

Seems to me you need to take up your complaint of this "media conspiracy against all other southeast Texas schools" with the local media and not fans on a high school football message board. You are sounding very whiney.

And you are sounding like a typical PNG fan that can not see beyond the bounds of your city limit signs.  For pete's sake, there was even a "Mid County Kindness Day" and there were people on the news making the statement that "I can't wear that shirt, I have to wear my purple shirt".  Open your eyes, people, the world does not revolve around you or your school district.  Were all of you created from the same mold?  We can only hope that a newer version has been created, one that doesn't bleed purple, but bleeds red like the rest of the people in this area.

Never said I had a problem with your fans.............I have a problem with the way the media for some reason favors your team more than any other in the district!!  If I were a visitor to this area I would think from the coverage your team/teams obtain that your school is the only one in the district.  Apparently, you are one of those that were put into a purple diaper from birth and think that is the only color worth mentioning.  Admit it, some of your fans are some of the most disrepectful out there, whether it be at a game or in a public location!!  Just go to one of the local malls and watch the body language of the people wearing PN-G shirts, they have a better than thou attitude.  Welcome back down to earth with the rest of us................HOW DOES IT FEEL :)

Sorry, don't let my kids hang out at the Mall due to the type of people that hang there....sorry

What type of people?  I don't understand.  Can you be a little bit more specific?

Trouble makers. Most of them have there parents drop them off and all they have to do is cause trouble.

And this has nothing to do with race so don't try to turn this into it. We have as many trouble makers here in PNG as other places.

When I was a teenager, I was dropped to the mall or rode the bus there.  Me and my friends.  We never caused trouble...I'm through trying to understand.  You say this have nothing to do with race?  But I believe it was you and your friends that call our boys 'thugs'.  ::) ::)

When I was a teenager, I was dropped to the mall or rode the bus there.  Me and my friends.  We never caused trouble...I'm through trying to understand.  You say this have nothing to do with race?  But I believe it was you and your friends that call our boys 'thugs'.   ::) ::)

No matter how many examples we from Not so Real America site, those in 'Real America' with their purple and or black and gold shades on, won't see anything positive pass their borders.....

When I was a teenager, I was dropped to the mall or rode the bus there.  Me and my friends.  We never caused trouble...I'm through trying to understand.  You say this have nothing to do with race?  But I believe it was you and your friends that call our boys 'thugs'.  ::) ::)

Here is the definition of thug:

This is the hidden content, please

hug  (thg)

n.

1. A cutthroat or ruffian; a hoodlum.

2. also Thug One of a band of professional assassins formerly active in northern India who worshiped Kali and offered their victims to her.

[Hindi hag, perhaps from Sanskrit sthaga, a cheat, from sthagati, sthagayati, he conceals; see (s)teg- in Indo-European roots.]

thugger·y n.

thuggish adj.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

I don't see anything there about the word being reserved for black people. I'd say they come in all colors.

Besides, Central is not a 100% black school, is it? I'm pretty sure I have seen representatives of every race at various UIL events.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

When I was a teenager, I was dropped to the mall or rode the bus there.  Me and my friends.  We never caused trouble...I'm through trying to understand.  You say this have nothing to do with race?  But I believe it was you and your friends that call our boys 'thugs'.   ::) ::)

People like you and SFA are whats wrong with the world. Try to blame everything on race and try to use it like a deck of cards. Whenever something you don't like you pull that card out.

No matter how may examples we from Not so Real America site, those in 'Real America' with their purple and or black and gold shades on, won't see anything positive pass their borders.....

There we go with that "those people" term again. I guess that card can be played from either side, huh? icon_wink2.gif

I'd say it's not nice to make generalizations about any group of people, regardless of what color they are, or what city they live in.

Never said I had a problem with your fans.............I have a problem with the way the media for some reason favors your team more than any other in the district!! If I were a visitor to this area I would think from the coverage your team/teams obtain that your school is the only one in the district. Apparently, you are one of those that were put into a purple diaper from birth and think that is the only color worth mentioning. Admit it, some of your fans are some of the most disrepectful out there, whether it be at a game or in a public location!! Just go to one of the local malls and watch the body language of the people wearing PN-G shirts, they have a better than thou attitude. Welcome back down to earth with the rest of us................HOW DOES IT FEEL :)

Oh really? Is that what was meant in the context in describing Central? I don't think so.

What type of people? I don't understand. Can you be a little bit more specific?

When I was a teenager, I was dropped to the mall or rode the bus there. Me and my friends. We never caused trouble...I'm through trying to understand. You say this have nothing to do with race? But I believe it was you and your friends that call our boys 'thugs'. ::) ::)

Here is the definition of thug:

This is the hidden content, please

hug (thg)

n.

1. A cutthroat or ruffian; a hoodlum.

2. also Thug One of a band of professional assassins formerly active in northern India who worshiped Kali and offered their victims to her.

[Hindi hag, perhaps from Sanskrit sthaga, a cheat, from sthagati, sthagayati, he conceals; see (s)teg- in Indo-European roots.]

thugger·y n.

thuggish adj.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

I don't see anything there about the word being reserved for black people. I'd say they come in all colors.

Besides, Central is not a 100% black school, is it? I'm pretty sure I have seen representatives of every race at various UIL events.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure that is not what 'thug' meant in that context in reference to Central...

People like you and SFA are whats wrong with the world. Try to blame everything on race and try to use it like a deck of cards. Whenever something you don't like you pull that card out.

Please talk what you know.  You only know me from this forum.  Ask people (black and white) that know me in the real world.  Watch what they tell you...but I doubt that you will listen with those purple earplugs in...

Both teams are at fault. Assaulting a coach is inexcuseable (Burnett getting hit). Other than that it was a clean game. The halftime show was great until some of the band members had simulated sex with our field turf !! I know the field is nice, but dang, at least wait until there is not a crowd!

Come on now.  Geesh.  There is no sex simulation on the field...It's called dancing.   ::) ::) ::) ::)

Solja, most of your posts are good, and well thought out.  That being said, please don't insult us by defending what the Central Band does by calling it dancing.  It is shameful, and vulgar.  I've read various editorials about this 'style' of halftime performance under the guise of 'cultural expression', but it is AWFUL.  Thank GOD we live in a free country (at least for now :o), but there is not freedom provided to yell fire in a crowded movie theater.  In other words, if the Central fans/parents/students, et. al. enjoy this kind of show so much, HAVE A PRIVATE PERFORMANCE, and don't subject our children, and wives to this embarrassment. 

Now that I've got that off my chest, Best of luck in the playoffs...I hope your boys go deep, and beat dayton before we have to.  ;D

Both teams are at fault. Assaulting a coach is inexcuseable (Burnett getting hit). Other than that it was a clean game. The halftime show was great until some of the band members had simulated sex with our field turf !! I know the field is nice, but dang, at least wait until there is not a crowd!

Come on now.  Geesh.  There is no sex simulation on the field...It's called dancing.   ::) ::) ::) ::)

Solja, most of your posts are good, and well thought out.  That being said, please don't insult us by defending what the Central Band does by calling it dancing.  It is shameful, and vulgar.  I've read various editorials about this 'style' of halftime performance under the guise of 'cultural expression', but it is AWFUL.  Thank GOD we live in a free country (at least for now :o), but there is not freedom provided to yell fire in a crowded movie theater.  In other words, if the Central fans/parents/students, et. al. enjoy this kind of show so much, HAVE A PRIVATE PERFORMANCE, and don't subject our children, and wives to this embarrassment.  

Now that I've got that off my chest, Best of luck in the playoffs...I hope your boys go deep, and beat dayton before we have to.   ;D

Thank you for the compliment.

When I went to Central, we couldn't dance and stuff like they do now, so I understand what a band an a halftime is supposed to be.  At the same time, not all fans were happy (well not jumping up and down) to see these 'circle' bands and 'Military' style bands. 

I do know that back in the Beaumont Charlton Pollard days and the old Lincoln days, back in the '70's the 'show' performances used to go on all the time.  most of our parents and guardians were from that era also.  They used to have a live halftime show that everyone talked about. 

I understand you have your opinion and I respect that.  I'm sure you respect mine also.

Now that I've got that off my chest, Best of luck in the playoffs...I hope your boys go deep, and beat dayton before we have to.   ;D

Thank you for the compliment.

When I went to Central, we couldn't dance and stuff like they do now, so I understand what a band an a halftime is supposed to be.  At the same time, not all fans were happy (well not jumping up and down) to see these 'circle' bands and 'Military' style bands. 

I do know that back in the Beaumont Charlton Pollard days and the old Lincoln days, back in the '70's the 'show' performances used to go on all the time.  most of our parents and guardians were from that era also.  They used to have a live halftime show that everyone talked about. 

I understand you have your opinion and I respect that.  I'm sure you respect mine also.

I absolutely respect your opinion, and am glad that we are having an entertaining debate 'among gentlemen'. 

I seriously don't think anyone who has a problem with the 'show style' of marching wants to stop this style.  I think we just want the PG version, or maybe we could start with the PG-13 version.  I just get frustrated with the NC-17 version. 

BTW, I'm we come from some of the same turf.  I'm a French High School Buffalo, class of 1986. 

And you are sounding like a typical PNG fan that can not see beyond the bounds of your city limit signs.  For pete's sake, there was even a "Mid County Kindness Day" and there were people on the news making the statement that "I can't wear that shirt, I have to wear my purple shirt".  Open your eyes, people, the world does not revolve around you or your school district.  Were all of you created from the same mold?  We can only hope that a newer version has been created, one that doesn't bleed purple, but bleeds red like the rest of the people in this area.

This is your issue. Its your perception that the communites of Port Neches and Groves feel this way. No doubt graduates of PN-G were instilled with school pride at an early age. If you did not grow up an Indian, it would be hard to understand. I have no trouble "seeing beyond the bounds of my city limit signs", but I do think it is the best community in Southeast Texas. If I thought Little Cypress was the best community, I would live there. My point being, everyone lives in a community that is best for their family so to them it is the best community. But back on your original rant, I was simply pointing out if you feel there is a "media conspiracy to promote only PN-G" then you need to take it up with local media outlets.

Type of people? Id say the type that are there up to no good. Sometimes you spot them,sometimes you dont. Some think its best to avoid the possibility altogether.

I still don't understand.  You can run into people that are up to no good when going to the ATM machine in Groves, Texas.  Also, you can run into 'those type of people' when going to a church in Vidor, Texas.  You can run into this problem while going to eat at a resturant in Spurger, Texas.  

Can you specify?  Don't be scared to speak your mind.  Remember, you're the one that opened this can of worms.   :) :)

Soulja.....for the record....i saw to thugs fighting near an aTm machine in Vidor while getting money before church for dinner in a Spurger resturant...after watching all this on here.....very intertaining people

Never said I had a problem with your fans.............I have a problem with the way the media for some reason favors your team more than any other in the district!!  If I were a visitor to this area I would think from the coverage your team/teams obtain that your school is the only one in the district.  Apparently, you are one of those that were put into a purple diaper from birth and think that is the only color worth mentioning.  Admit it, some of your fans are some of the most disrepectful out there, whether it be at a game or in a public location!!  Just go to one of the local malls and watch the body language of the people wearing PN-G shirts, they have a better than thou attitude. Welcome back down to earth with the rest of us................HOW DOES IT FEEL :)

hey Souja I bet you dont get an honest answer on this one!

I know.  that's why I asked it. 8)

I took it to mean the "kind of people" who hang out at the mall, apparently stalking PN-G fans and passing judgment on people they do not know, based on which team they support.

What did you take it as?  ???

Don't come in flying to his rescue.  I want to hear what HE have to say.  

Insert foot in mouth? :) :)

Should be he HAS to say.  Not he HAVE to say.

Never said I had a problem with your fans.............I have a problem with the way the media for some reason favors your team more than any other in the district!!  If I were a visitor to this area I would think from the coverage your team/teams obtain that your school is the only one in the district.  Apparently, you are one of those that were put into a purple diaper from birth and think that is the only color worth mentioning.  Admit it, some of your fans are some of the most disrepectful out there, whether it be at a game or in a public location!!  Just go to one of the local malls and watch the body language of the people wearing PN-G shirts, they have a better than thou attitude. Welcome back down to earth with the rest of us................HOW DOES IT FEEL :)

hey Souja I bet you dont get an honest answer on this one!

I know.  that's why I asked it. 8)

I took it to mean the "kind of people" who hang out at the mall, apparently stalking PN-G fans and passing judgment on people they do not know, based on which team they support.

What did you take it as?  ???

Don't come in flying to his rescue.  I want to hear what HE have to say.  

Insert foot in mouth? :) :)

Should be he HAS to say.  Not he HAVE to say.

Thank you for the correction, oh so wise English teacher... :-\ :-\

BTW, you don't put the period between compound sentences.  Place the comma and combine them...Have a nice day... ;) ;)

I hope that PNG is able to improve next year...this season has to be a disappointment for many of the PNG fans. Although I am not from PNG or Central, I always hate to hear that violence was resorted to in high school football. As for the recent comments on this board, I can see both sides of the argument. PNG has some of the most loyal fans in all of SETexas and that is something to be very proud of. If I played at PNG, I would be encouraged to know that no matter how our season is going, we still have a crowded stadium. I can also see where fans of other schools might be frustrated with the amount of attention that PNG receives. As a graduate of Kelly high, we never received a substantial amount of media coverage (especially our softball team that won TWO state championships in the past four years and beat most of the 4A public schools in this area). For other fans of public schools, they may see the amount of PNG media coverage as biased. For example, every week there is a special feature on PNG player/coach in the PA news. While the player might deserve special accolades, I am sure that there are other players/coaches that would love to see their team/player in a feature. It seems that players that wear purple and white are treated as celebrities from the media. However, THIS IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE FANS!! I wish all schools had a fan base like PNG

I agree totally with what your saying but I also know for a fact that it is not the media that promotes the PNG article its the represenatives of PNG.  The article is posted in the paper each week with the information that is provided by PNG and its a joint effort between the two, probably iniated by PNG.  This goes back to what i posted earlier, PNG has the reputation they do because they have earned it.  If your program wants to have their information provided to the public someone needs to step up and take that same initative and get with the media and I bet they would be happy to help you out, they love that kinda stuff.  I believe that is what is wrong with alot of kids these day they want everything handed to them and they expect to get equal treatment in everything without the initative.  You want it, go get it yourself, and quit blaming everyone else because you dont have it!!

I find that hysterical...if you go to the PNG board, they say that PAN (and one reporter/writer in particular) gives Nederland all the positive press coverage, while at the same time consistently putting PNG down.  ANd to be honest, I think they do...sometimes to the point where, even as a Bulldog supporter, I find it to border on unprofessional bias.

I will probally go out on a limb here and become nissan the hated but every one need to shut up no wonder our kids are so screwed up

Here is the deal

on the Friday night tail gate party they spend just as much time talking about png as they do any beaumont team  Now your newspaper that there fault  

I dont understand why we are arguring about who causes trouble at the god forsaken mall   Why would we have this arguement

Bpth teams were wrong last night now get over it soulja come on let talk about the good things in the world and not have all this calamity with that little race comments from everyone .  Now football fan yes we choked this year but you name one team in this district who has made the play offs every year in the last 5 years no one. We are taking this high school football a little to the nonsense side on this one i hope we all can find something anything better to talk about please

Soulja is a good guy I hope this fight dies not undermine the hard work and determination that the athletes from Central put in to make the playoffs. Good Luck to you guys and fans and enjoy your turn in the Playoffs. Congrats Soulja its fans like you who deserve this kind of enjoyment. This being from an Indian fan.