**Central at PN-G Updates** 16-0 Central Wins/All Heck Breaks Loose!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rykerx144

Reading what some of you people wrote on here its no wonder your kids resorted to fighting on the field.  This is ridulous and embarrassing and I hope people around the state are not reading this and believing this is what South East Texas football is about.  People grow up and be positive role models or just go away so that responsible adults on here can.

I believe PRIDE is listed as the worst of the seven deadly sins............so don't go overboard PN-G.  And don't try to say I suffer from ENVY, because I don't, just biased reporting.  For all you know I may be a former PN-Ger who has gotten away and seen what is really going on in the media.

May I just say how telling it is that someone would get on here and bash another teams pride all while hiding under a screen name that does not point or reference to who their team may be??  And PLEASE, do not even try to pass yourself off as a former "PN-Ger" (as you call it).  That statement right there is just pure comical!!

Never said I had a problem with your fans.............I have a problem with the way the media for some reason favors your team more than any other in the district!!  If I were a visitor to this area I would think from the coverage your team/teams obtain that your school is the only one in the district.  Apparently, you are one of those that were put into a purple diaper from birth and think that is the only color worth mentioning.  Admit it, some of your fans are some of the most disrepectful out there, whether it be at a game or in a public location!!  Just go to one of the local malls and watch the body language of the people wearing PN-G shirts, they have a better than thou attitude.  Welcome back down to earth with the rest of us................HOW DOES IT FEEL :)

Sorry, don't let my kids hang out at the Mall due to the type of people that hang there....sorry

What type of people?  I don't understand.  Can you be a little bit more specific?

First of all our kids are not thugs.  I know that you want to see it that way.  PNG Kids came off the bench before our kids moved.  That was only after two PNG players double teamed a Central Kid.  Now you need to think close at what you are saying.  What about how PNG Girls volley ball team use to blow thru our girls.  No body ever tells them not to hit the ball any harder.  What about when PNG has a good team they never call the dogs off.  I am not saying that is what should happen or even qualifiying those what central was did on that last play, however if it is good for the goose then it should be good for the gander.  I don't ever recall Central getting beat by PNG and then getting upset and play dirty. PNG is known for that just ask any of the coaches in the district, they will concur.

It seems to me the one part of this fiasco that has yet to be addressed is the officiating crew who basically refused to officiate last night.  Had The refs done their job during the game I feel this situation wouldn't have gotten out of hand.  You had one team who has nothing but a frustrating season and another team who wanted to come in and leave with not only a win, but a crushing defeat of their opponent to give them "steam" to go into the playoffs.  The steam comment comes from the coaches comment to the pa news.  Throughout the game the refs rarely threw flags and when Central fumbled the ball the refs just stood around the pile of players fighting for the ball and just waited to see what was going to happen.  This is just my opinion, but I think the players knowing the refs weren't going to do anything ignited a tenuous situation.  It was a very embarrassing way to end the season for PNG and equally embarrassing for Central to start their playoffs.  I agree with you.  It was embarrassing  to the community of both schools.  Hopefully there was something learned on both sides of the fence.

As for the comments about PNG arrogance, we love our school, our kids and the Pride we have in them.  Sometimes to the rest of the community views it as arrogance, but as in all situations we shouldn't make judgements about people from the way they look or carry themselves, but instead taking the time to get to know them and then judge them on their own merit.  Every fan base has arrogant and idiotic fans who bring nothing but embarrassment to their team.  Thankfully, they are the exception and not the rule.  

Good luck to all the 4A playoff teams, I'm sure the purple faithful will be out there supporting our local teams.

Guest rykerx144

I happen to live in Groves and I am not a PNG fan. I recently moved from Kirbyville and I am a Supporter of Wildcat football first and Jasper and Newton secondly.  I hear all the time PNG fans boasting about their program and bragging.  I do not take this to heart, the way I look at it I moved into their region and should expect them to be proud of their program.  I do not take the way they firmly give their opinion about their program as a being snooty or better than me. I believe that these people act this way because they are proud of their program and what they have accomplished as a community. They are not passing any judgment on you or your program.  If you are making it a point to go to the mall just to look for people with PNG shirts on and monitor their behavior I believe you have a mental problem anyway.  If your walking around with that big of chip on your shoulder you need to find out what make you so insecure about yourself before get on here and start name calling and disrespecting someones program.

Guest rykerx144

Never said I had a problem with your fans.............I have a problem with the way the media for some reason favors your team more than any other in the district!!  If I were a visitor to this area I would think from the coverage your team/teams obtain that your school is the only one in the district.  Apparently, you are one of those that were put into a purple diaper from birth and think that is the only color worth mentioning.  Admit it, some of your fans are some of the most disrepectful out there, whether it be at a game or in a public location!!  Just go to one of the local malls and watch the body language of the people wearing PN-G shirts, they have a better than thou attitude.  Welcome back down to earth with the rest of us................HOW DOES IT FEEL :)

Sorry, don't let my kids hang out at the Mall due to the type of people that hang there....sorry

What type of people?  I don't understand.  Can you be a little bit more specific?

hey Souja I bet you dont get an honest answer on this one!

I hope that PNG is able to improve next year...this season has to be a disappointment for many of the PNG fans. Although I am not from PNG or Central, I always hate to hear that violence was resorted to in high school football. As for the recent comments on this board, I can see both sides of the argument. PNG has some of the most loyal fans in all of SETexas and that is something to be very proud of. If I played at PNG, I would be encouraged to know that no matter how our season is going, we still have a crowded stadium. I can also see where fans of other schools might be frustrated with the amount of attention that PNG receives. As a graduate of Kelly high, we never received a substantial amount of media coverage (especially our softball team that won TWO state championships in the past four years and beat most of the 4A public schools in this area). For other fans of public schools, they may see the amount of PNG media coverage as biased. For example, every week there is a special feature on PNG player/coach in the PA news. While the player might deserve special accolades, I am sure that there are other players/coaches that would love to see their team/player in a feature. It seems that players that wear purple and white are treated as celebrities from the media. However, THIS IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE FANS!! I wish all schools had a fan base like PNG

I know.  that's why I asked it. 8)

I hope that PNG is able to improve next year...this season has to be a disappointment for many of the PNG fans. Although I am not from PNG or Central, I always hate to hear that violence was resorted to in high school football. As for the recent comments on this board, I can see both sides of the argument. PNG has some of the most loyal fans in all of SETexas and that is something to be very proud of. If I played at PNG, I would be encouraged to know that no matter how our season is going, we still have a crowded stadium. I can also see where fans of other schools might be frustrated with the amount of attention that PNG receives. As a graduate of Kelly high, we never received a substantial amount of media coverage (especially our softball team that won TWO state championships in the past four years and beat most of the 4A public schools in this area). For other fans of public schools, they may see the amount of PNG media coverage as biased. For example, every week there is a special feature on PNG player/coach in the PA news. While the player might deserve special accolades, I am sure that there are other players/coaches that would love to see their team/player in a feature. It seems that players that wear purple and white are treated as celebrities from the media. However, THIS IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE FANS!! I wish all schools had a fan base like PNG

Thank you, exactly the point I was trying to make, you said it much more eloquenlty.  The colors of purple and white do receive more attention than any other team in the district

Some lil boys giving cheap shots heh. If someone did hit the coach,there need to be felony assault charges. May be revenge for last year when PNG sat their 1st team for the 4th and still won by three scores. Well Lumberton has taken the district pie, they have what it takes to make many waves.

At the most, it would only be Class C Assault. NO Serious Bodily Injury.

Some lil boys giving cheap shots heh. If someone did hit the coach,there need to be felony assault charges. May be revenge for last year when PNG sat their 1st team for the 4th and still won by three scores. Well Lumberton has taken the district pie, they have what it takes to make many waves.

At the most, it would only be Class C Assault. NO Serious Bodily Injury.

Youre right on that one. I didnt have many details last night.

Type of people? Id say the type that are there up to no good. Sometimes you spot them,sometimes you dont. Some think its best to avoid the possibility altogether.

I still don't understand.  You can run into people that are up to no good when going to the ATM machine in Groves, Texas.  Also, you can run into 'those type of people' when going to a church in Vidor, Texas.  You can run into this problem while going to eat at a resturant in Spurger, Texas.  

Can you specify?  Don't be scared to speak your mind.  Remember, you're the one that opened this can of worms.   :) :)

Guest rykerx144

I agree totally with what your saying but I also know for a fact that it is not the media that promotes the PNG article its the represenatives of PNG.  The article is posted in the paper each week with the information that is provided by PNG and its a joint effort between the two, probably iniated by PNG.  This goes back to what i posted earlier, PNG has the reputation they do because they have earned it.  If your program wants to have their information provided to the public someone needs to step up and take that same initative and get with the media and I bet they would be happy to help you out, they love that kinda stuff.  I believe that is what is wrong with alot of kids these day they want everything handed to them and they expect to get equal treatment in everything without the initative.  You want it, go get it yourself, and quit blaming everyone else because you dont have it!!

I agree totally with what your saying but I also know for a fact that it is not the media that promotes the PNG article its the represenatives of PNG.  The article is posted in the paper each week with the information that is provided by PNG and it a joint effort between the two probably iniated by PNG.  This goes back to what i posted earlier, PNG has the reputation they do because they have earned it.  If your program wants to have their information provided to the public someone needs to step up and take that same initative and get with the media and I bet they would be happy to help you out, they love that kinda stuff.  I believe that is what is wrong with alot of kids these day they want everything handed to them and they expect to get equal treatment in everything without the initative.  You want it go get it yourself and quit blaming everyone else!!

Excuse me..........but FYI........I know for a fact that our coaches have contacted the media regarding some of our teams achievements, but guess what.........once again PNG took over the sports cast and our teams win was not mentioned, except for the fact that you could check out the tv stations internet site to review other scores.  So.......don't try to pass it off as anything other than it is...........bias towards PNG.  And, also, I do not have a mental problem as was stated, apparently you can't handle the truth!

Guest rykerx144

I agree totally with what your saying but I also know for a fact that it is not the media that promotes the PNG article its the represenatives of PNG.  The article is posted in the paper each week with the information that is provided by PNG and it a joint effort between the two probably iniated by PNG.  This goes back to what i posted earlier, PNG has the reputation they do because they have earned it.  If your program wants to have their information provided to the public someone needs to step up and take that same initative and get with the media and I bet they would be happy to help you out, they love that kinda stuff.  I believe that is what is wrong with alot of kids these day they want everything handed to them and they expect to get equal treatment in everything without the initative.  You want it go get it yourself and quit blaming everyone else!!

Excuse me..........but FYI........I know for a fact that our coaches have contacted the media regarding some of our teams achievements, but guess what.........once again PNG took over the soprts cast and our teams win was not mentioned, except for the fact that you could check out the tv stations internet site to review other scores.  So.......don't try to pass it off as anything other than it is...........bias towards PNG.  And, also, I do not have a mental problem as was stated, apparently you can't handle the truth!

the truth is your jealous of the PNG program, I already told you I am not a PNG fan, I am giving my opinion as a neutral party and as someone who understands the difference between jealousy and support for another program!

Never said I had a problem with your fans.............I have a problem with the way the media for some reason favors your team more than any other in the district!!  If I were a visitor to this area I would think from the coverage your team/teams obtain that your school is the only one in the district.  Apparently, you are one of those that were put into a purple diaper from birth and think that is the only color worth mentioning.  Admit it, some of your fans are some of the most disrepectful out there, whether it be at a game or in a public location!!  Just go to one of the local malls and watch the body language of the people wearing PN-G shirts, they have a better than thou attitude. Welcome back down to earth with the rest of us................HOW DOES IT FEEL :)

I took it to mean the "kind of people" who hang out at the mall, apparently stalking PN-G fans and passing judgment on people they do not know, based on which team they support.

What did you take it as?  ???

Type of people? Id say the type that are there up to no good. Sometimes you spot them,sometimes you dont. Some think its best to avoid the possibility altogether.

I still don't understand.  You can run into people that are up to no good when going to the ATM machine in Groves, Texas.  Also, you can run into 'those type of people' when going to a church in Vidor, Texas.  You can run into this problem while going to eat at a resturant in Spurger, Texas.  

Can you specify?  Don't be scared to speak your mind.  Remember, you're the one that opened this can of worms.   :) :)

Youre wrong of course. I didnt open anything. There was a father that said he didnt let his kids go to the mall. I offered an explanation. You know the answer apparently, so why should anyone humor you. Just sit there and smirk.

Never said I had a problem with your fans.............I have a problem with the way the media for some reason favors your team more than any other in the district!!  If I were a visitor to this area I would think from the coverage your team/teams obtain that your school is the only one in the district.  Apparently, you are one of those that were put into a purple diaper from birth and think that is the only color worth mentioning.  Admit it, some of your fans are some of the most disrepectful out there, whether it be at a game or in a public location!!  Just go to one of the local malls and watch the body language of the people wearing PN-G shirts, they have a better than thou attitude. Welcome back down to earth with the rest of us................HOW DOES IT FEEL :)

I took it to mean the "kind of people" who hang out at the mall, apparently stalking PN-G fans and passing judgment on people they do not know, based on which team they support.

Don't come in flying to his rescue.  I want to hear what HE have to say.  

Insert foot in mouth? :) :)

Don't come in flying to his rescue.  I want to hear what HE have to say. 

Insert foot in mouth? :) :)

I'm not flying to anyone's rescue, I don't have a dog in this fight.

I'm legitimately curious as to what you're so confused about.

Youre wrong of course. I didnt open anything. There was a father that said he didnt let his kids go to the mall. I offered an explanation. You know the answer apparently, so why should anyone humor you. Just sit there and smirk.

Just as I thought.  Don't let your mouth overload....well you know the rest. ;) ;)

Actually, I'm tired of entertaining this foolishness.  You and I know what this is all about.